• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
kodiak

x

Yessssssssssssssssssssssss.

The following is a list of things that dreams can come:

1. True

Thank you for porting this! Everyone go buy it so Double Fine has the moolah to foolahround on PC some more!

Thank you so much, Double Fine! I'll be buying this sometime this month :D.

Though, I would recommend you do a -10% for the first week to help drive sales, or maybe have a sale on Halloween. Another thing that works well is to have a discount for people who own another game of yours. So for instance, say all the people who own Psychonauts via Steam, they'd get 20% off.

I must get myself a new souped up PC so I can play this on Steam. But also agree that a Mac version might be nice as well!

Oh wow, much love, Doubly Fine folks! Alas I have no money in my account for Steam purchases today, but I swear to Glottis I'll buy two copies some time in the next few weeks (and gift one to someone). The Psychonauts PC update got me excited, and now this! It almost feels like Double Fine's whole oeuvre will grace our desktops, thus alleviating the great cosmic imbalance caused by Shafer & Shaferesque creations existing outside the grasp of Shafer loving PC gamers (who can't justify spending a few hundred bucks just to play one or two console games).

Awesome, thank you. Every Double Fine game that hits Steam will get at least one sale from me. :)

Pro Tip!

Read Reynolds dialogue in you head as Finns voice from Adventure Time! You won't regret it!

and it's only 14 euro, including the Grubbins on Ice DLC

I bet Double Fine is making a larger profit per game sold, as THQ isn't publisher

Yay!

Minor annoyance: The menu appears immediately, so you can't get a good look at the wonderful logo art (The console version had a "press start" before showing the menu).

Yay!

Minor annoyance: The menu appears immediately, so you can't get a good look at the wonderful logo art (The console version had a "press start" before showing the menu).

That was my first thought, too. Please change that DF. Why to create beautiful art to only then hide it?!?

Hooray! Remained Brütal Legend, Stacking and Trenched :lol:

P.S

Whether the russian localization? Dreams, dreams...

Really enjoying it so far. I hadn't realised Grubbins was bundled in too. Schweeet.

BUMP TIME. I just finished the main game and I wanted to post a THANK YOU to Double Fine for getting this to PC! This is a really cute game, and the only bad part about it is that it ended! But even that's aleviated somewhat because I still have Grubbins On Ice to play!

TL;DR: Costume Quest and Double Fine are pretty cool.

BUMP TIME. I just finished the main game and I wanted to post a THANK YOU to Double Fine for getting this to PC! This is a really cute game, and the only bad part about it is that it ended! But even that's aleviated somewhat because I still have Grubbins On Ice to play!

TL;DR: Costume Quest and Double Fine are pretty cool.

[edited for less thread derailment]

I'll totally echo your thank you. I'm tired of games which are only about violence, and I think it puts a lot of that energy back into the world. So thanks Double Fine, for being awesome creative developers and making non-generic games!

manshoot is a hilarious word

i thought bulletstorm was a super great recent example of a manshoot with character and innovation. there's something for you to try.

also, if your high horse gets any higher it'll start to think it's a giraffe and that's no good

I don't think I'm better than anyone who is into battlefield or whatever. I'm just a dude who thinks positivity and love is really important, and who is starting to see the negative side of violent media etc in the beliefs of people I talk to. Every time you see, hear etc, something, you're creating or strengthening neural pathways. Imagine the difference between your brain after a few hundred hours of counter-strike compared to a few hundred hours gardening or reading about ancient civilisations or something. I'm not saying they are required alternatives, just trying to give you a glimpse at where I'm coming from. I've played a ton of violent games. Now I just feel like I've woken up to myself a bit, and I honestly feel kinda dirty playing CS at this point. Just how I feel and to each their own. Sorry to inflict all the off-topicness.

ah the point when you really wake up is when you realize that everything is fine in moderation. except sex with pandas. sex with pandas is never fine.

or maybe i haven't had that awakening yet

A few hundred hours of gardening...?!

You talk all about love and positivity but all I'm hearing is hard manual labor!

WHO EVEN HAS A GARDEN THAT NEEDS A FEW HUNDRED HOURS OF TENDING TO?!!!?

A few hundred hours of gardening...?!

You talk all about love and positivity but all I'm hearing is hard manual labor!

WHO EVEN HAS A GARDEN THAT NEEDS A FEW HUNDRED HOURS OF TENDING TO?!!!?

GARDENING IS SRS BSNS!

or maybe have a sale on Halloween.

I had a feeling they would do this. I'm glad I waited till now to buy.

This game is so adorable and fun! Thanks Double Fine!

I no longer have to stalk Double Fine's booth at cons. I seem to have scared them into releasing on PC.

My work here is done.

(Downloading now...)