• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
monterunthecity

dear double fine and tim

I will never buy any of your games or recommend them to anyone, i am very upset that i spent the money on costume quest for my xbox for it not to work(french fry bug). The biggest low blow is that Tim writes a letter just saying sorry and tells your to restart the game. Thank you for having me waste my money and time . I will speak very low of this company and how they handle paying costumers

I will never buy any of your games or recommend them to anyone, i am very upset that i spent the money on costume quest for my xbox for it not to work(french fry bug). The biggest low blow is that Tim writes a letter just saying sorry and tells your to restart the game. Thank you for having me waste my money and time . I will speak very low of this company and how they handle paying costumers

I'm sorry you are upset with a great game, but I would reset the game its definitely worth it.

Also don't buy one game from a developer that has made many, and say you won't buy any other games out there just because of a small error. Not everyone perfect. Try some of their other games out there. YOu should not be dissapointed.

YOU MEAN A GAME HAS BUGS? Isn't every piece of every single software that has or ever will exist supposed to be 100% perfect all the time? I mean, I know that the last I had to reconfigure windows because it crashed, I promised myself never to buy any Microsoft product ever again because it wasn't 100%.

/sarcasm

YOU MEAN A GAME HAS BUGS? Isn't every piece of every single software that has or ever will exist supposed to be 100% perfect all the time? I mean, I know that the last I had to reconfigure windows because it crashed, I promised myself never to buy any Microsoft product ever again because it wasn't 100%.

/sarcasm

Well when I buy something and it doesnt work I return it to the store for a refund , when a game has bugs they usually have an update to fix it or they compensate you , when ps3 was down didn't they give everyone free games to compensate ? Sorry that when I buy something I expect it to work

Dear Double Fine and Tim,

Thank you for making one of the most refreshingly original titles...every single time you make a game! I have absolutely loved every title you've made for this generation of consoles from Brutal Legend to Costume Quest to Stacking to Trenched! I hope you continue to churn out great original games, but I also dearly want sequels of the aforementioned games (most especially Brutal Legend and Costume Quest).

Aside from your Sesame Street title, I haven't heard of any new activity aside from PC porting, so I hope that we can look forward to more great work from you guys in the coming year!

Thank you so much for remembering that games are supposed to be fun!

P.S. If a Costume Quest 2 is in the works I hope it will include Co-Op!

/sarcasm

Well when I buy something and it doesnt work I return it to the store for a refund , when a game has bugs they usually have an update to fix it or they compensate you , when ps3 was down didn't they give everyone free games to compensate ? Sorry that when I buy something I expect it to work

I know many other games out their with bugs that lots of people still play.

/sarcasm

Because it will work if you restart. You've never had to restart a game before? What did you start playing games when the original xbox came out?

/sarcasm

I know many other games out their with bugs that lots of people still play.

Me too but none which cause me not to finish the game

/sarcasm

Because it will work if you restart. You've never had to restart a game before? What did you start playing games when the original xbox came out?

I don't feel like restarting a game iv spent so much time playing and what if it happens again? I'll pass

Oh yes because a few hours is a genuine time investment. Stop whining and replay this awesome game.

Oh yes because a few hours is a genuine time investment. Stop whining and replay this awesome game.

Shhh, logic hurts the beast.

Thank you for making one of the most refreshingly original titles...every single time you make a game! I have absolutely loved every title you've made for this generation of consoles from Brutal Legend to Costume Quest to Stacking to Trenched! I hope you continue to churn out great original games, but I also dearly want sequels of the aforementioned games (most especially Brutal Legend and Costume Quest).

Aside from your Sesame Street title, I haven't heard of any new activity aside from PC porting, so I hope that we can look forward to more great work from you guys in the coming year!

You are truly a Awesome person and i'm sure Tim Schafer and Double Fine agrees. This is what "monterunthecity" should have posted instead of whining on a small glitch.

That's the point , I shouldn't have to restart the game . Lol see I have struck a nerve with some people

P.p.s I hope I will actually be able to complete the game and get my moneys worth

You are truly a Awesome person and i'm sure Tim Schafer and Double Fine agrees. This is what "monterunthecity" should have posted instead of whining on a small glitch.

Whining about a small glitch ? If it was so small then they could of.fixed it lol

That's the point , I shouldn't have to restart the game . Lol see I have struck a nerve with some people

I would love to watch you play some NES games. lol

"What do you mean I can't save?"

LOL

Whining about a small glitch ? If it was so small then they could of.fixed it lol

Alright, then you should fix it and let Tim Schafer and the team know how you did it. And we all live happily ever after.

[i don't feel like restarting a game iv spent so much time playing and what if it happens again? I'll pass

Once you get the update and restart it ...it will not happen again. You already bought it. So why not try it?

-

Talking about a system that came out over 20 years ago when I'm talking about a game that came out last year..what's your point?

You have no patience. If you played older games, you would have learned some patience already.

Alright, then you should fix it and let Tim Schafer and the team know how you did it. And we all live happily ever after.

Sure if it was my name on the game and I was the one Making money from it

Who knows they are probably working on it right now...or maybe one of their BIG press releases will be that one particular glitch is FIxed!

But like mentioned earlier I say to restart the game. What will it harm when you already bought the game?

Who knows they are probably working on it right now...or maybe one of their BIG press releases will be that one particular glitch is FIxed!

But like mentioned earlier I say to restart the game. What will it harm when you already bought the game?

It's a principal

It's a principal

You have a lot to learn about the world. Good luck.

It's a principal

You have a lot to learn about the world. Good luck.

What's there to learn ? I bought a game that once I'm getting close to beat it there's a glitch that makes me restart the whole game ? Next time I buy a game from this company ill make sure ill be wearing a nice dress because I want to make sure I look pretty when I'm getting fukced

Tim has already posted about this issue and not much more to say about it. It won't affect new playthroughs after the first patch. Sorry you had this experience.