Sign in to follow this  
seniormeld

Most Obscure Game you've played

You guys suck at playing obscure games lawls. I have no examples of my own because it's beneath me to put effort into this post, but here's a plug for the game I'm working on, which you can add to your obscure games list with the knowledge that unlike your other games, it is in fact, obscure.

-kodiak

fixed it.

lol

ok here are some "real" games:

Flower Sun and Rain, Space Station Silicon Valley, killer7, Neverhood

love ya

those games are far too mainstream for me, personally.

I've decided I will try to do an LP of the first game when I can. Obviously, I will be using time laps a lot.

Edit: Looking back over lords of magic, the Chaos mages were actually the second most powerful in the game... I mean, your champion can't do much when they're a cow, can they?

I played a lot of weird games on the SNES when I was little that I don't remember the title of. The most obscure game I can remember is a PSOne game called Aquanaut's Holiday. It was a really interesting game where you travelled around in a submarine trying to document different species of fish. You could also build an artificial reef as a refuge for the fish. I only rented once back when rentals were only for 2 nights, but that game always stuck with me.

I've played a lot of obscure games though. Nier would be a more recent one. I really enjoyed that game despite all it's obvious flaws.

EDIT: Apparently, Aquanaut's Holiday is a series in Japan and Asia. They even have a version for the PS3. It looks like the PS3 version has a story in it though. Part of the magic of the game for me was that you didn't really know what you were doing or why. It was just you alone in the ocean discovering everything as you go. It does look beautiful on the PS3 though.

gH34_lcvLC8

Guardian's Crusade. Does anyone know it? It's a game where you're a knight in blue and you do stuff and things happen. I guess.

Guardian's Crusade. Does anyone know it? It's a game where you're a knight in blue and you do stuff and things happen. I guess.
I actually have vague memories of this. I remember really looking forward to it, and then sucking at it when I got to play it. It had a baby dragon following you around right?

The Dark Eye for the PC. Really awesome if you're a fan of Edgar Allan Poe like myself, though it's not really a game per se.

@meld: in the first page you mentioned Psychonauts as being a good example of an obscure game. How is that? Whereas it might've not had booming sales, the fact that it's known worldwide, generated so much hype from the Notch news recently, and has a huge fanbase say otherwise. Not to mention that this is the DF forum..

Oh gosh, this is a difficult one. Jersey Devil for the PS1 is pretty obscure, as far as I'm aware.

Hmm, I'm going to have to think for a while to remember-- I know I've played some very obscure games.

SOS for the SNES. It's a decent game, where you have to escape from a ship before it sinks, taking as many people with you as you can. The bad thing is that the rooms are copied and pasted several times, so it gets boring to explore.

Monster's den book of dread

Team buddies

Halo Zero

Theif:heist

Umbrage day 1

OmegaBoost

come at me

pretty funny that i've heard about all these games

im old

The Path is quite good. I picked it up out of sheer curiosity and haven't looked back.

is the path really that good?

its spark my curiosty, and i want to buy it, is it really worth it?

The Path is quite good. I picked it up out of sheer curiosity and haven't looked back.

I saw a Yogscast video for that.

Has to be one of the most disturbing games ever, my god.