Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Queen of Halloween

Double Fine Forum Halloween Avatar Costume Party!

Unmasking Party: And the winner is...

---

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! (Monday, October 31, 2011)

First, thanks to everyone who played! I would have like to have gotten more players, but it's my fault I made the announcement so late. If we ever do this again, I'll be sure to post it earlier. Hopefully, we can get the entire Double Fine Forum community in on this!

Second, great job to all the players that took on the second challenge and posted their original art!

Third, we never saw a post from either Ulysses Barkzombie or Thriller to the First Challenge which puts everyone else at a disadvantage in guessing who they are. The deadline was last night, but I still have not seen a post or received a PM from either of them. I hate to do this, but for that reason they won't be eligible to win (although their slots will still count for all the other players that are trying to guess who they are). Got to be in it to win it.

For everyone else, I have received your guesses. Please PM me and let me know if those guesses are your final answers. Be sure to include your guess for CHALLENGE 3: which forum member I am. If I hear back from everyone before midnight tonight, I'll announce the winners (or ties) early. Otherwise, I'll just announce them tomorrow!

-Queen of Halloween

----

(Sunday, October 30, 2011)

Just an update that we still don't have a reply to the first challenge from the following players:

Ulysses Barkzombie

Thriller

These players will need to post a reply to the questions in the first challenge before Monday, Oct 31 (Halloween) in order for their guesses to count!

----

(Saturday, October 29, 2011)

Hooray we have quorum! The Party can officially begin now!

As promised here are the list of participants in alphabetical order:

Abby

dangeROSS

Dr.ROBOTUSSIN

FashionistState

Milkman

Queen of Halloween

theone

and here are the list of costumers (alternate accounts):

Alice

Féline Noire

psychomascot666

The Phantom of DF

Thriller

Ulysses Barkzombie

Unperson

CHALLENGE 1

For the first challenge, you must answer these questions and post them in this party thread:

1. What Double Fine character (from any of their games) do you most relate to and why?

2. My favorite subject or class in school was/is _______ because ________

3. 3 of my favorite movies would include: _______, _______, and ________ (doesn't have to be your top 3, just 3 of your top movies)

4. One of my favorite books would have to be _________

5. When no one is around I like to __________

Responses

----

CHALLENGE 2

Next challenge! For 3 bonus points, post some of your art! You can choose from the following:

1. A picture of your own idea of a Halloween Creepy Treat (Mine is attached to the bottom of this post. Thinking about it, they probably actually already make these!)

or

2. A picture of an original spooky monster

or

3. An original short scary story. Try to keep it under 1000 words- I won't be counting, but don't write a book.

Everyone who submits an original work that qualifies will get 3 points (1 point = 1 correct guess).

This is meant to be fun so please don't spend hours doing this!

Responses

----

CHALLENGE 3

In addition to your guesses of who all the above players are. Try to guess which forum member I really am! If you're right that will be worth 2 points!

Final Scores

----

(Friday, October 28, 2011)

We still need more people to participate in order to make this party happen!

I'm going to extend the deadline for this until this Saturday and hopefully more will join.

C'mon, everyone! It's fun and you have nothing to lose!

Oh, and for people who have to wait for new email accounts to be activated, just shoot me a PM with your normal account and let me know that you're waiting on your new account to be activated. We'll save you a spot!

----

(Tuesday, October 25, 2011)

Hi's, everyone!

It's almost Halloween time! And you know what that means! Time for costumes and candy!

To celebrate, I was thinking about having a..

Double Fine Forum Avatar Costume Party!

But then I thought, "Gee that's kinda dumb because you can easily see which person is who by looking at their other posts!"

But then I got the awesome idea: "Why not have a costume party using alternate accounts?"

That way it would be a real challenge to figure out who's who!"

And then I thought, "And why not give out a prize for the person who correctly guesses the most number of costumes?"

"Gosh, I'm a genius!"

The prize will be the winner's choice of either:

Costume Quest on Steam

or Psychonauts on Steam

or Iron Brigade on Xbox 360

So..

Here's how this Forum Avatar Party will work:

Step 1. Create an alternate account on the Double Fine Forum.

Step 2. PM me using the alternate account, and tell me what your real account is on the Forum (I will PM this account to double check!)

Step 3. Once I've confirmed, post in this thread with your real account that you'll be participating.

The Party!!

Step 4. Anytime from Friday, Oct 28 to Sunday, Oct 30, post in this thread using your alternate account, of course using your best Halloween picture as your avatar. The pictures do not need to be real pictures of you in costume! You can use any Halloweeny picture that is permissible on this forum that you'd like. There will be a list of questions that each participant will need to answer when they attend (post) which will be a clue as to who you really are!

Step 5. I'll be posting a list of all the forum members that will be playing along with another list of all the alternate account names and their costumes (avatar pictures). Your job is to match the forum member with the alternate account. PM me your guesses before Tuesday, Nov 1 (Midnight on Halloween!) and I'll determine who got the most correct guesses! Person with the most correct guesses wins the prize!

Just some notes:

-Any Double Fine forum member can participate so long as they have posted in the Forums at least once before today, Oct 25, 2011.

-Only one entry per person (so no using your other alternate accounts!)

-This party will need at least 6 people to play (besides myself), so if we can't get that then- ppblt! Deals off.

-I, of course, will not be eligible to win, but you can guess who I am as well. Shhh!

Since there are sure to be possible ties there will also be one or two challenges that I'll think of so stay tuned.

Hope to see you this Halloween Weekend!!

Sounds nifty! I'm in.

It's on dangeROSS.

:lol:

Since it's a contest I need some hype. Are you going to be in the contest as well. I think we need at least one more person.

Sounds nifty! I'm in.

It's on dangeROSS.

:lol:

Since it's a contest I need some hype. Are you going to be in the contest as well. I think we need at least one more person.

http://imgur.com/P0Bbt

It's on like Donkey Kong.

So i was considering ways this game could be improved, that they player could be more immersed in the conflict of the costume party and I had a few ideas:

Imagine if we put in a scared little child. say this child is the child of abby, for example, and wants nothing more than to find her and be reunited. But that child cannot tell because of the costumes.

This is really going somewhere.

Anyway, if you can't guess correctly, the child gets lost and eaten by golden wolves who are also in disguise, which you can capture then sell at the store for a profit... but later you will see abby crying. If you reunite them all, you are less rich, but a better man. So it's a moral conflict.

Also, if you fail to guess correctly you get fat

Imagine a game where you are in a room with a hatter, and the only way to escape is to drink all of his tea... but each cup was given to him by a member of his dead family, and as you drink them you hear him cry

CHESHIRE CAT! You've gone mangy old friend! The Hatter is calling himself Peter and he's no longer much fun I'm afraid.

Sign in to follow this