Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Queen of Halloween

Double Fine Forum Halloween Avatar Costume Party!

Can't wait for the scores! I give my best luck to all of you here!

Oh yes, and today is Halloween! That means FREE CANDY! :D

Spider-Man is here. Let's dance!

I'm sorry to be the person with the bad news, but I think the contest is over. The results are later tonight.

Um... Your point being?

Hi Crunchy, hurr durr. You're a little too late for the contest since everyone's done guessing who's who.

Anyway, Happy Halloween.

Um... Your point being?

Hi Crunchy, hurr durr. You're a little too late for the contest since everyone's done guessing who's who.

Anyway, Happy Halloween.

Whoa, how did you know it was Crunchy?

Before I announce the winner, just a quick note on scoring:

*There were 7 players (6 contestants + myself) and their 7 alternate accounts giving a total possible score of 7 points for the guesses (1 point for every correct match).

*Only 5 of the players (4 contestants + myself) completed the first Challenge, so only the 4 contestants were eligible to win and submitted guesses.

*All of these 5 players did the second challenge and so each earned 3 points from this.

*Of the 4 guess submissions, only 1 contestant was able to correctly guess who I really was, thus winning Challenge 3 worth 2 points.

*So the total possible score was 12 points (7 + 3 + 2).

So without further ado,

the winner of the DF Avatar Costume Contest is:

FashionistState with 9 points!

It was quite a close contest, and everyone did very well in guessing who most of the costumers were. At one point I was worried we'd have a multiple way tie, but the third challenge was the deciding factor. There was a tie for second place with 8 points, and these guesses only missed matching 2 of the 7, whereas FashionistState actually missed 3 of the 7, but the +2 points for the third challenge gave her the lead.

I've sent each player that submitted guesses their scores, but I didn't show which ones they got wrong as I'll let each player unmask themselves. I'll also leave it up to the winner to reveal my true identity!

Congrats on winning, FashionistState!

And thanks again to everyone who participated!

Let the unmasking begin!

*takes off Peter Molyneux mask, revealing Peter Molyneux"

Here I am, Peter Molyneux. I was disguised as myself, so some of you may not have made the leap.

I have one question. How could a new DFAF member create such a contest and gain access to all the prizes? She must be a Double Fine employee.

I have one question. How could a new DFAF member create such a contest and gain access to all the prizes? She must be a Double Fine employee.

You can give gifts over Steam. =P I once ran a contest for a copy of Monkey Island Special Edition (back when I was Professor Wakamakamu, before King Wakamakamu, Pope Wakamakamu, Detective Wakamakamu, and Doctor Wakamakamu), but that doesn't make me a LucasArts employee.

FashionistState over here! <3

Being the only one who guessed correctly who I really am, don't you want to reveal the secret?

*takes off Peter Molyneux mask, revealing Peter Molyneux"

Here I am, Peter Molyneux. I was disguised as myself, so some of you may not have made the leap.

Sure, Wak!

;)

I'm actually Scarecrow, shocking I know.

Oh! I thought it was the other forum member with over 14,000 posts since 2007. :-)

You can give gifts over Steam. =P I once ran a contest for a copy of Monkey Island Special Edition (back when I was Professor Wakamakamu, before King Wakamakamu, Pope Wakamakamu, Detective Wakamakamu, and Doctor Wakamakamu), but that doesn't make me a LucasArts employee.

Thanks, but can people gift games on XBOX Live. The other prize is Iron Brigade.

As you wish!~

QofH is in fact...

Acefox!

And I'd just like to thank you for holding this contest; it was awesome fun. 8D

As you wish!~

QofH is in fact...

Acefox!

And I'd just like to thank you for holding this contest; it was awesome fun. 8D

Impossible!!! Well congrats for beating the guys. I had a suspicion that you're a girl. Anyway, if you don't want a prize, I'll take it.

As you wish!~

QofH is in fact...

Acefox!

And I'd just like to thank you for holding this contest; it was awesome

fun. 8D

Thanks, Fashi!

*Acefox steps out of costumes*

Phew! I was starting to get used to wearing all those dresses! I felt like a Stacking doll in there!

I shall also invoke the special "Players who Fell off the Face of the Earth" Clause in unmasking both Thriller and Ulysses Barkzombie who have gone MIA since the party started. Hopefully, the reason why they didn't respond is because they both were too busy partying it up this Halloween weekend and are still trying to recover.

*Does best Scooby-Doo Unmasking Act*

Thriller was none other than the evil Dr.ROBOTUSSIN.

Ulysses Barkzombie was actually old man dangeROSS from the haunted house!

Correct answers:

Dr Robutussan - Thriller

Ulysses Barkzombie - DangeRoss (got it)

Feline Noire - Abby (got it)

Unperson - Fashionist State (got it)

Psychomascot666 - me (got it)

Milkman - Alice

Queen of Halloween/Acefox - Phantom of DF

Sign in to follow this