Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Himuro

I just bought Psychonauts from the third time

Over xbl.

SO SHOULD YOU.

There is insanity, and then there is insanity clothed by lunacy. I bought one copy and cherish it dearly and that shall be the end of it (lest a child decides to gum my disc beyond recognition).

Should I ever encounter Tim Schafer --or any other member of the DF team-- I shall quite happily let a fistful of change rain down upon them for their troubles. But outside of that-- I can but applaud them in a giddy manner.

However, my box is rather cheap and sharp, almost as though it were made of cardboard... any chance of a replacement, DF?

I bought the game for ps2. loved it. The long load times sucked, so i eventually got it for Xbox. The Xbox backwards compat isn't perfect, so I am downloading it over 360. Simple. Lunacy has nothing to do with it.

Himuro, is it true that there are gamerpics and a theme that come with the XBLM Originals download? Someone on another forum mentioned it and I am considering downloading it also even though I bought my disc copy (my second copy) not so long ago.

My Xbox 360 has been out for repair for a week and a half now, so I wouldn't know unless I asked someone who is downloading it.

Isn't the xbox BC version the same as the one on xbox originals?
Yes it is, but it runs off the hdd and therefore makes your Xbox 360 quieter and cooler for not having to run the disc in the tray.

yes there are psychonauts gamer pics and a theme

when i saw them i said this out loud:

well this is obviously the best day ever

yes there are psychonauts gamer pics and a theme

when i saw them i said this out loud:

well this is obviously the best day ever

Sweet! Thanks for the info.

In addition to the Psychonauts stuff, I hope that Vivendi.. er, I mean Activision Blizzard, publishes some Brütal Legend themes and gamerpics on Xbox Live Marketplace.

I've bought it four times, but only twice for myself. Other two as gifts.

Which platforms did you buy your copies for? I have (signed) PC and PS2 copies, then I bought a PC copy as a gift, and I also "hacked" (ala used my bf's password that apparently doesn't change) to log into my boyfriend's steam account and purchase him Psychonauts.

I am unfortunately going to have to pass on this one. Seeing as I've bought the game three times already. Oh and my 360 died. Totally dissapointed in that. I think I convinced my cousin to get it. Hopefully majority of the profits go to DF instead of Microsoft. They deserve it damnit!

I've bought it four times, but only twice for myself. Other two as gifts.

Which platforms did you buy your copies for? I have (signed) PC and PS2 copies, then I bought a PC copy as a gift, and I also "hacked" (ala used my bf's password that apparently doesn't change) to log into my boyfriend's steam account and purchase him Psychonauts.

One time for the ps2. I loved it. I got it for Xbox later on because the ps2 version kinda sucks, but I loved it despite its problems. Xbox version was superior until I tried it out on backwards compatability, where I encountered lots of screen tearing and graphical glitches. The new downloadable, ultra version of Psychonauts is obviously the best version and worth the price of admission.

One time for the ps2. I loved it. I got it for Xbox later on because the ps2 version kinda sucks, but I loved it despite its problems. Xbox version was superior until I tried it out on backwards compatability, where I encountered lots of screen tearing and graphical glitches. The new downloadable, ultra version of Psychonauts is obviously the best version and worth the price of admission.

I got my Xbox 360 back from repair today and tested my hard copy of Psychonauts in BC mode and all that stuff seems to have been fixed in an "update" (MS's word for "patch" lol). No colorless Raz, No screen tearing, and no graphical glitches so far!

The downloadable version on Xbox Originals from XBLM is running via the same emulation process the discs do, so I imagine they gave Psychonauts some more TLC before making it downloadable. If my disc ever gets messed up, it is good to know that I can still turn somewhere to get the game again. I like that they made some free themes and gamerpics, but I am left wanting more. A milkman gamerpic would've been sweet along with just about every other character in the Psychonauts universe. Here's hoping that we can get a bunch of Brütal Legend stuff on XBLM when Activision Blizzard/Sierra-Vivendi Games and Double Fine get around to it.

However, my box is rather cheap and sharp, almost as though it were made of cardboard... any chance of a replacement, DF?

Don't you have your box in a small glass shrine with candles? Or is it just me? Yeah I may have a problem, I am up to five copies I have bought. 8-/

I'm thinking about it.. only, it will be the 4th time for me! Dun dun DUN!

PS2, PC, Xbox.

I REALLY love tbhis game. The main reason I bought it so many times is because I like to give these people my monies. :D

I have the pc version of psychonauts, and it doesnt have any of the problems listed in this topic, but it has some annoying audio bugs that arnt in the console versions.

i have a pc version but there is no problems no soung problem.no time problem.no video problems.nothing

Well, I am now on copy two-- having given my first as a gift to a friend. I opted for the signed version so I can learn how to forge Tim's signature and buy lots of Bic Biro's in his name. I also made some unreasonable demands in the ''notes'' section of the purchase, so it shall be interesting to see whether or not they are met.

4th time for me. One PS2, One PC, 2 XBox. (Retail and Xbox originals download)

I want another retail copy(wanted signed xbox version, but its out of stock) for safe keeping in my safe of delights. WITH ZERO PLAY TIME. :D

Heh, perhaps. But hey, it shall no doubt be worth a fortune one of these days and forgery shall easily grant you a profit. Nevertheless, any money going to double fine is hardly difficult to part with. But hell, $10 is nothing to us Europeans; hooray for America's failing economy!

I want another retail copy(wanted signed xbox version, but its out of stock) for safe keeping in my safe of delights. WITH ZERO PLAY TIME. :D

Funny I would like a new box too. Ohh, how about a Legendary edition that comes in a backpack with a smelling salts, piece of laminated bacon and a squirrel? :cheese:

GET THIS:

I have purchased 5 copies of Psychonauts. 3 I gave away as gifts, but I still have (and play) my own two copies.

There are Psychonauts disks all over the place on my desk!

Why can't I find a Disk 1?!

The irony is strangling me. Maybe I need to get a copy added to my Steam Account.

D:

Well, I finally uncovered the coinage to pay the post office for the customs charge and my signed copy is now here: HUZZAH!

I also made some unreasonable demands due to the fact I was expecting to be punished by customs, and some of them were met! At least... I think they were... :-/ A post-it stating the objects came from a desk and the objects themselves: a DF postcard, large paperclip and elastic band; aswell as Tim's signature and my personal note written on the Psychonauts cover ''to me-- for being so great.'' Suddenly the day seems so much brighter than before.

::toddles off to play Psychonauts::

Hey, what country do you hail from, Masq?

UK, or Scotland to be precise. But I think everyone in Europe is hammered by customs if it comes outwith. It blows to live in the PAL region and be a gamer. What is that you say, only 40GB PS3's left and at such a reasonable price of $590! Hmmm... I wonder why the phrase ''it must be Christmas'' doesn't spring to mind. :down:

Sign in to follow this