Sign in to follow this  
cipher

Thank you Double Fine

Near-perfect.

I really enjoyed Costume Quest from beginning to end of both games. I purchased it through Steam and got exactly what I was expecting: A charming Halloween-themed games that's a cross between the Lego series gameplay and traditional Final Fantasy. It kept me entertained. And this is coming from a more serious gamer of MMOs and sandbox gaming. :)

For me the mall was the most enjoyable area in the first game, but of course opening with traditional neighborhood trick-or-treating was classic. The costume ideas, powers, and battles tamps is an interesting idea. And even though the Creepy Treats weren't used for much, it was fun to read the puns, innuendos, and double entendres within the names.

The game kept bugs to a minimum, and it didn't feel like grinding even though quite a few things are rinse and repeat. Some gamers complained about this, but the game was short enough to counter it. And that's the only big con I see: the fact that Costume Quest is a little short since I can run through an entire game in one day on a weekend. But spaced out for an hour or two at a time it lasts for a week or so.

So when are we going to see your other games like Brutal Legends released for the PC?

After all I play these sort of games on my PC with a Logitech wireless game pad that's better than stock console pads. And I run at 2560x1600 on a 30" monitor, so I get far better resolution than on a gaming console. Please, let's release more of these Double Fine titles for the PC.

Thanks, and again kudos on Costume Quest. :-)

Me too, I had a great time with costume quest.

The biggest charm was the "Peanuts" feeling I had through the entire game.

The witty dialogues, the beautiful environments and the funny animations were a blast!

It felt like I was kid again and the entire experience was like a nice fairy tale.

If I have to address a complain, is that the game was so fun that once I finished it, I wanted more.

But the game is perfect as it this, but I can imagine a lot of people hoping for a longer adventure, more content and a deeper level of customization, as I have to say, I hoped for it too...

Anyway, great job dudes!

P.S.: Next game you make like this, do NOT let only one character (or costume) have the run button. I had to use the robot for the entire game and keep switching it every time I wanted something else... a little too much annoying!

P.S.: Next game you make like this, do NOT let only one character (or costume) have the run button. I had to use the robot for the entire game and keep switching it every time I wanted something else... a little too much annoying!

Very true. I used the robot all the time through the entire game because I wanted the fast skate ability. It does decent damage and good special attack, so it was fine to keep the costume on the whole time. I still had to switch all the time for quests requiring special abilities.

A couple of weeks ago I purchased the "Oh So Fine Bundle" from Amazon (Stacking, Costume Quest, and Psychonauts) all for $9.99, and it has definitely been worth it! Great value for these games! I've only made it through the first parts of Stacking and Costume Quest, but they are pretty darn near fun and made me smile.

Smiles

Dear Double Fine,

Thank you for making Costume Quest. I really like that game. My favorite costume is the Unicorn costume and I laugh when the mall monsters go rrrr-rrr before a fight. You were the only one who made that game, thank you. I really like it so much. Please write back.

Max

I have similar feelings. I am a PC gamer and I wanted to play Costume Quest and Stacking for a long time. I just recently played them and they were both fantastic. They remind me of why I love gaming.

My friend introduced me to Costume Quest a good while ago, and I'm glad she did. I make costumes as a hobby so I got a huge kick out of this game; I picked up a copy for myself shortly afterward. The story was cute, the gameplay was pretty fun, and the art style was pleasantly nostalgic. I find Costume Quest an entertaining gem of a game and it ranks up there on the list of some of my all-time favorites. Thanks, Double Fine!

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I've sent these notes off to the dev teams. We always love to hear such good feedback!

I finished the Costume Quest and Grubins On Ice today, and I really enjoyed the whole game. The whole idea and execution ^_^

Thanks for an enjoyable game.

Yet another person who loved 'Costume Quest' here. Thank you, developers, for a charming and thoroughly entertaining game experience.

I love this game, it's so cute and charming and perfect to play when I just want something lighthearted.  This time of year I always go back and play it again - anyone else bust this game out for a replay every fall?