Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Brad

IRON BRIGADE release date! 11/30/11!

Hey guys! I’m Brad and I’m the Project Lead for IRON BRIGADE. I’ve done a pretty good job keeping up with our twitter (@TRENCHEDGAME) and our facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/trenched) but I have really neglected this forum. Sorry about that! I’m going to be better about it – starting NOW!

Allow me to also apologize for the lengthy European delay. This was not intended and was the result of some pretty weird legal issues. I’m sure you can get most of the details from the internet, but I’d rather not dwell on it!

With that out of the way, we announced today that TRENCHED is being renamed to IRON BRIGADE on Novemember 30th! This is our worldwide relaunch of the game. If you’re in Europe you’ll be able to get the game for the first time for 1200 MSP. If you’re in the rest of the world and you've already purchased TRENCHED, you’ll get the IRON BRIGADE update and be able to redownload the game for free. You'll also have access to all of the new features that we’ve put into IRON BRIGADE. One of the main advantages of renaming the game worldwide is that we won’t be splitting our user base… everyone can play IRON BRIGADE together, regardless of region.

We’ve added a new Survival Mode to the game that features an infinite wave mission on the HOSPITAL map in Africa. This adds a super challenging “end game” of sorts to IRON BRIGADE and gives players a chance to put those Kings, Scythes, and Mr. Pancakes’ to good use!

There’s also a separate leaderboard for the Survival Mission where you can track your highest wave reached against your friends or the rest of the IRON BRIGADE players in the world. This is a true skill-based leaderboard… no Pylon-runners allowed! :D

I hope that you guys enjoy these new changes to the game, and I’m extremely excited that Double Fine’s European players will have their first stab at the game. Again, I wish things could have gone differently, but we’re doing our best to make amends. IRON BRIGADE is a Game About Love and I hope you all feel it when you’re shooting Vlad’s Tubes in the face together!

Love,

Brad

Thanks Brad and DF team!!

Fair dues for sticking through what sounds like a tough horrible process to get Iron Brigade launched, particularly for us folks in Europe to get playing it.

Really looking forward to this. I'm off to buy a functioning Xbox now :-)

Curious, will the European players be able to get the Double Fine paint job as well? I'll be soooooo upset(italics denoting sarcasm) if I'm unable to lord my flashy orange paint job over a few acquaintances that dwell in Euroland.

1200MSP for ignoring your Fans for 5 Months?Are you serious?Sorry, but since I waited so long I paid the Points for another game,and I won´t buy 2 800MSP-Cards again just for Iron Brigade.Not after Double Fines acting,not for an almost-half-year-old Game.Don´t you want European customers?Don´t you care about the people who even bought your fails (Psychonauts,Brütal Legend)? We should still pay Full-Price just for a damn Survival Mode (which should have been in the game anyway) and a new name???

Come again when it´s at 800MSP or lower and learn to act like a serious Company who cares.

Curious, will the European players be able to get the Double Fine paint job as well? I'll be soooooo upset(italics denoting sarcasm) if I'm unable to lord my flashy orange paint job over a few acquaintances that dwell in Euroland.

^^This

Though I won't be buying at the moment. Too many games being released in the past weeks

It's a real shame this couldn't come out before CoD3/MW3/Skyrim hit and long before the holidays. Still, better late than never.

its still a day one buy for me :P i bought 1200 msp a few days before the american release and now they having been gathering dust for a handful of months but now.....its time to put these babies to use :D

1200MSP for ignoring your Fans for 5 Months?Are you serious?Sorry, but since I waited so long I paid the Points for another game,and I won´t buy 2 800MSP-Cards again just for Iron Brigade.Not after Double Fines acting,not for an almost-half-year-old Game.Don´t you want European customers?Don´t you care about the people who even bought your fails (Psychonauts,Brütal Legend)? We should still pay Full-Price just for a damn Survival Mode (which should have been in the game anyway) and a new name???

Come again when it´s at 800MSP or lower and learn to act like a serious Company who cares.

I admit that I personally have not been active on this forum and I've apologized for that. I want to make it up to you guys!

As for pricing, we don't set the price - Microsoft does. So when it comes to launch pricing, sales, etc, I would appreciate it if you could direct your anger over that in a different direction! :D

And we totally care about our players! We could not exist without them. We're a small company and we don't have a dedicated community manager... it's very difficult to develop great content while also trying to stay in touch with you guys. I've been more focused on creating the Survival Mode and the DLC that's coming soon! I'm sorry about that but I'm going to try to be better about it!

If you don't want to purchase the game, that's totally fine. It's your choice! I hope you'll reconsider when it's released in your territory because we think it's pretty great. :D

Love,

Brad

I admit that I personally have not been active on this forum and I've apologized for that. I want to make it up to you guys!

As for pricing, we don't set the price - Microsoft does. So when it comes to launch pricing, sales, etc, I would appreciate it if you could direct your anger over that in a different direction! :D

And we totally care about our players! We could not exist without them. We're a small company and we don't have a dedicated community manager... it's very difficult to develop great content while also trying to stay in touch with you guys. I've been more focused on creating the Survival Mode and the DLC that's coming soon! I'm sorry about that but I'm going to try to be better about it!

If you don't want to purchase the game, that's totally fine. It's your choice! I hope you'll reconsider when it's released in your territory because we think it's pretty great. :D

Love,

Brad

Of course,it´s not your personal fault and about the pricing MS will get their part es well...

The Question is,why did the game take THAT long.If someone gives a name to a game usually it should be checked - it could be registered,sure no one is perfect...but renaming usually doesn´t take 5 Months.

How the community got treated here is the worst - our last offical info was in August,not from any developer,publisher in the OFFICAL FORUM...it was a link to Eurogamer.

This whole Story was a kick in the balls of every single Fan in Europe - Double Fine games are often (lets forget about Brütal Legend) pretty good and still get weak sales.This is the best way to keep them down.

I´ll buy it anyway when the price gets lower - I already played the Demo and like it,but I don´t think everybody is so forgiving.

And: If developing DLC and a Survival Mode is more important then releasing the game in Europe...I don´t think thats good publicity.

Of course,it´s not your personal fault and about the pricing MS will get their part es well...

The Question is,why did the game take THAT long.If someone gives a name to a game usually it should be checked - it could be registered,sure no one is perfect...but renaming usually doesn´t take 5 Months.

How the community got treated here is the worst - our last offical info was in August,not from any developer,publisher in the OFFICAL FORUM...it was a link to Eurogamer.

This whole Story was a kick in the balls of every single Fan in Europe - Double Fine games are often (lets forget about Brütal Legend) pretty good and still get weak sales.This is the best way to keep them down.

I´ll buy it anyway when the price gets lower - I already played the Demo and like it,but I don´t think everybody is so forgiving.

And: If developing DLC and a Survival Mode is more important then releasing the game in Europe...I don´t think thats good publicity.

Say what you like about them not keeping us informed or whatever, but your complaint about 'how can it possibly take 5 months'... Well, surely the fact that it has kind of shows that it does? I mean, think about it - if it didn't take 5 months (actually 3 months, but whatever) do you really think Double Fine would have taken that long to release it? Do you think there's some sort of conspiracy where the whole thing was actually done within two weeks, but for some reason they thought, "I know - let's wait another two and a half months and pretend we're still working on getting the name change through! That'd be an awesome way to keep up the hype about the game!"

Oh wait:

lets forget about Brütal Legend

Never mind, opinion invalidated :P

Actually the American Release Date was Jun 22, 2011 - it will (maybe) released November 30th 2011...that not 3 Months.

Last info about a European Release was from Eurogamer, August 16th 2011.

I don´t think anyone does that on purpose,but releasing it much later is one point,not telling the waiting fans anything is a whole different thing.There wasn´t even a "It is still planned" - not even after the September-Release Date was a goner.I don´t think thats too much to hope for.

Brütal Legend wasn´t bad,but the Fighting System was behind the time and the strategic battles...well, more pain then pleasure.I expected a bit more of the whole game.It felt unfinished and unpolished in almost every point,even if it had some really fun parts.

I remember hearing on the Bombcast that there was some mention of rebalancing the weapons in the game. Is that going live tomorrow?

EDIT: Am I missing something? The game isn't updating on XBL and it seems to always be ready first thing in the morning. Did it not go through after all?

my head is aching...patience is wearing thin...

just glad I didn't take a day off at work today:)

The weirdest thing I saw today is that the packshot of the game got shortly changed to Iron Brigade...then back to Trenched (on xbox.com)...

it's like showing a child a picture of some candy...just to later reveal that candy is dead...and that the picture was a lie...laughing diabolically...eatin' daisys...whatsoever...

Well, I deleted the game and reinstalled. You find the game under Iron Brigade but once you run it it says Trenched, so no telling what's going on.

it seems the demo is a demo of IronBrigade (the updated title)...and the full version is still Trenched...*meseems*

this is really getting stupid...someone at MS must be a retarded retard that is retarded...

I set up a new xbl account in the U.S to get this game when it first released as trenched even tho i live in the UK, i got it fine, but if I have to buy it again with my normal UK account, Im not going to be happy! Since they removed it from the european servers, they set 3 dates for re-release.... And maybe later we will have a new release date as its not out today!! Double Fine??? More like Double Late!!!

it seems the demo is a demo of IronBrigade (the updated title)...and the full version is still Trenched...*meseems*

this is really getting stupid...someone at MS must be a retarded retard that is retarded...

Wow that is really odd. If I had to guess they just replaced the file for the demo. Which may end up being that you could have both a trenched demo and Iron Brigade demo on your system.

Which makes your comment of that retarded retard being retarded even more believable.

Oh, and don`t expect any information on the new delay or any details at all in any case, These guys love to leave you hangin!

Noon stateside and it's still not up. Starting to look like yet another chapter in the Trenched/Iron Brigade saga. I guess the update will come out with the DLC?

Well We all know im not buying "Iron Brigade" (terrible community support) but I thought I'd drop in here and see how my European brothers were enjoying the game...

Whats this? November 30th and still no game?

Better yet, still no explainaton or comment form Double Fine? leopards never change their spots...

Gotta hand it to Double Fine... they sure know how to rub salt into the wounds of their paying public!

Bravo!!

Well We all know im not buying "Iron Brigade" (terrible community support) but I thought I'd drop in here and see how my European brothers were enjoying the game...

Whats this? November 30th and still no game?

Better yet, still no explainaton or comment form Double Fine? leopards never change their spots...

Gotta hand it to Double Fine... they sure know how to rub salt into the wounds of their paying public!

Bravo!!

Even been trying to contact them through Twitter. Still no response.

Sad really.

Well, maybe every single employee at Double Fine is so preoccupied with solving the problem that they can't spare 2 minutes to post an update on their Twitter, Facebook or public forums. Every. Single. One.

EDIT: Looks like the Facebook page finally got a post saying "The new patch and game has not been fully propagated through Xbox Live yet!" so that's something. Nice to have some news.

Also just seen this pop up on the twitter feed.

IRON BRIGADE is still not available in Europe! Intelligent Seattle-based mammals are vigorously attacking keyboards to fix this! Stay tuned!

Hey guys! This process is really complicated and it's up to Microsoft to sort it out! They're working hard to try to fix it and we'll post details as we get them!

Actually the demo was online hours ago (and not under newest),now it is under newest but nothing to get there...great...sorry,even if it´s MSs fault,this is the biggest fail ever happend with for a release on XBL...

Update: It CAN be bought under the Game-Marketplace-Option...but theres no Demo

Sign in to follow this