Sign in to follow this  
Feddlefew

The "Recommend Something Awesome Each Month" Thread

Exactly what it says in the title. Once a month, you can make a recommendation for a book, TV show, movie, game, ect. that you think NEEDS MORE LOVE. A month is a calender month in this case, so you could recommend something on the last day of one month and then something different on the first day of the next.

Nope, I don't have anything to start the thread off with. SURPRISE!

Basketball finally comes back.

That is more boring than awesome.

You always do this to me. You just like to criticize me and slam my posts.

Well tomorrow is December and thus kicks off the Holiday season --I guess it could be said it started the day of Thanksgiving but we all know which holiday we're all looking forward too; Hanukkah!-- so to help get everyone in the mood, I want to introduce you to my favorite holiday character:

Well tomorrow is December and thus kicks off the Holiday season --I guess it could be said it started the day of Thanksgiving but we all know which holiday we're all looking forward too; Hanukkah!-- so to help get everyone in the mood, I want to introduce you to my favorite holiday character:

That is f'ing brilliant. I have no idea what the hell this is or why this is but it's great.

I am on board with this. Gamers don't realize that sports fans get impatient because we legit didn't have a season for 6 months. This took a tangible toll on my sanity.

Oh, and most importantly the movie I look forward to is Sherlock Holmes 2: A Game of Shadows.

I am on board with this. Gamers don't realize that sports fans get impatient because we legit didn't have a season for 6 months. This took a tangible toll on my sanity.
Except sports fans like me, who are only really into Baseball and Football, and watch the occasional Hockey match.

Uhm.. for TV: The Walking Dead, if you don't mind zombies.

For games: Gretel and Hansel Parts 1 and 2 on the Newgrounds website (thanks again to Feddle for sharing that link!)

I would like to recommend Fez.

"Fez is a puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats." - Giant Bomb Wiki.

It's supposed to come out in early (I think) 2012 and it looks absolutely amazing.

Okay, wow. That's the first thing in this thread that's really grabbed my interest

Really hope it makes it to PC

I know I'm late in recommending this but I give my rec this month to Limbo (puzzle platformer game available on Steam, X360, PS3). It's a bit creepy and disturbing, but quite an amazing work of art. I just recently played it which is why I'm bringing it up now.

Hmm. It is January.

I recommend Romantically Apocalyptic this month.

+Some of the best art you will see in a webcomic.

+Not a romance.

+Post-Apocalyptic setting that was not caused by zombies.

+Crazy Awesome

-Slow to update.

I would like to recommend Fez.

"Fez is a puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats." - Giant Bomb Wiki.

It's supposed to come out in early (I think) 2012 and it looks absolutely amazing.

played it last september it's cool as fuck. also met the dude who made it <3

I know I'm super late in recommending this, but the game Machinarium now available on Steam is pretty fun. Traditional 2D puzzle adventure with some beautiful backgrounds.

@BK & that guy: You know I only read The Gunslinger and never went beyond that even though I have the next two books. Guess I'll just wait for the movie series to come out at this point!

I didn't know there was a movie series coming out, Acefox, I'm definitely going to look into it. Honestly though, I didn't finish the series, but The Gunslinger was my favorite, of what I read. It got really obscure and abstract after that. Crazy ideas though.

If you like anime I reccomend Puella Magi Madoka Magica, I'm up to episode 10 and it's one of the greatest animes I've ever watched.

I think I was going to check that out but I forgot all about it. I'll check it out.