Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ericeman

Double Fine Action Gamer Pictures?

After updating my Xbox 360, what do I stumble upon but a couple of new downloadable freebies based of the wildly popular Double Fine title Psychonauts. Condering they are free (and are a means of promotion for the game's new home in the Live Marketplace) I doubt much thought went into these. Of course, the gamer pictures are nice and any of the Psychonauts art is bound to look great no matter what form it's in but I can't help but feel that these weren't created specifically by Double Fine.

That got me thinking though, those action buttons would make great action gamer pictures. I'd buy them, all you would buy them, everybody who owns a 360 would probably buy them and the world will be a happier place!

Yeah, I've been mentioning this since a long time ago.. and I totally agree.

Activision Blizzard / Vivendi Games-Sierra needs to publish the content for digital distribution and I think they actually pick and choose from what Double Fine has available for stuff like this. I would hope that they would use some of that concept art and some screenshots from the teaser trailer for Brütal Legend to promote awareness for Brütal Legend on XBLM. Not much can be done for Psychonauts stuff since that is up to Majesco to decide on, I think. Basically, Double Fine could contribute the art to their publisher, then the publisher decides on what to present to Microsoft for final approval. Once the publisher (AB) and content provider (MS via Xbox Live Marketplace) come to an agreement, then they put out the content for us on Marketplace for whatever fee they decided on.

Alternatively, I think it would be nice to have OXM (Official Xbox Magazine) get some of these items for their demo disc and have them as exclusive for one month, then offer them on XBLM, but that is just wishful thinking on my part.

ANYwho- Yes, I want more Double Fine Action Goodness for my Xbox 360 too.

Yeah, it makes sense several themes don't look all that spiffy because they are meant to be a quick and easy means of advertisement and don't really go through any artists beforehand but I was actually thinking of the buttons, the ones that don't feature Vivendi/Majesco copyrighted characters of any sort.

There are actually these gamer pics and themes done by a man named 'Nick Busby' who, judging from his not-so-pretty website is just some independent artist and not attatched to any real company or corporation. I'd assume that something like your buttons (the action-comics ones) would make for some really cool gamer pics. I'd especially like to see the Polaroids as a gamer picture pack.

Sign in to follow this