• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
redroom

Will there be a sequel?

Will there be a sequel? Especially how it ended with the kids in a vortex world. whats going to happen to them?

A little late, but I bump this topic. DLC will do just fine, but a Costume Quest 2 would be absolutely brilliant. There is more candy pail bashing to be had Double Fine!!

Dear Double Fine,

I wanted to tell you thank you for creating this game. Though my first experience with your work was Brutal Legend, Costume Quest is definitely the game that made me take notice of your company. When I realized that you were behind Brutal Legend as well, I was shocked that so many of your games had managed to slip by me unnoticed.

Halloween has always been my favorite holiday, but mostly because of nostalgia. There was something special about those memories of running around the neighborhood with friends at night, being freaked out by all the creepy decorations. This game perfectly captured that atmosphere and helped remind me of what I love most about Halloween. On top of that, the game is a blast to play, and while short, left me with a very strong lasting impression.

Since finishing both Costume Quest and Grubbins On Ice, I have purchased Stacking, Iron Brigade, all the DLC for these games, and have been trying to track down a copy of Psychonauts for good measure. If I had a family with young gamers, Sesame Street and Happy Action Theater would also be in my library. I realize that a lot goes in to making a game, but I would very much like to see more Costume Quest games and/or DLC in the future. On my end, it would be an instant buy.

Thanks again!

I've been checking back every few weeks hoping to hear similar news. I just hope more fans of this awesome game come on and make their voices heard. DOUBLE FINE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE US MORE COSTUME QUEST.

There is a little chance since Tasha Harris has left Double Fine. I can't see myself seeing CQ2 without Tasha.

She may be gone, but its no reason to give up hope. Ever since the kickstarter, I've had so much confidence in double fine to chase up their past titles and tie up loose ends. We all have to admit, Costume Quest has one of the biggest loose ends ever seen.

there's really no reason they couldn't work on another entry.

Money, and the lack thereof.

So you guys know, any sequel/future plan announcements will not come through the forum but through the main site's news section.

So you guys know, any sequel/future plan announcements will not come through the forum but through the main site's news section.

Are you suggesting its a matter of time until we see an update for CQ? Can't tease us like this dude!

Are you suggesting its a matter of time until we see an update for CQ? Can't tease us like this dude!

Not in the slightest. I'm not allowed to comment on future plans for games, whether we have them or not. Pretty much anytime someone directly asks about sequels or new IPs, they'll receive the same neutral response because, honestly, it's preferable to going back on our word in the future.

Being neutral and guarded in my statements is partly to not turn into a liar in the future. This doesn't mean that news is coming, it just means that I want to respond when you guys ask questions without making you go "man, that dude totally lied to me" so you don't feel ignored.

Also, following the various Double Fine people on Twitter is the fastest way to get news about what we do. Plus most of the other people are pretty funny on there (especially Tim).

Not in the slightest. I'm not allowed to comment on future plans for games, whether we have them or not. Pretty much anytime someone directly asks about sequels or new IPs, they'll receive the same neutral response because, honestly, it's preferable to going back on our word in the future.

Being neutral and guarded in my statements is partly to not turn into a liar in the future. This doesn't mean that news is coming, it just means that I want to respond when you guys ask questions without making you go "man, that dude totally lied to me" so you don't feel ignored.

Also, following the various Double Fine people on Twitter is the fastest way to get news about what we do. Plus most of the other people are pretty funny on there (especially Tim).

Man, this dude is totally teasing me!

Jokes aside, what you've said is understandable. Being a huge fan of DF in general, can't help but wonder =)

the girl who created this left double fine, however I do wish for a sequel where I can play with buddies and have pvp that would be fun.

I really enjoyed CQ (still have more to play of it, too, once I rebuild my PC) but I wonder about how many games the Halloween concept alone could support and stay fresh. I'd be all over another top down kid-sploration RPG which expanded the formula a bit, though.

Dear Double Fine,

I wanted to tell you thank you for creating this game. Though my first experience with your work was Brutal Legend, Costume Quest is definitely the game that made me take notice of your company. When I realized that you were behind Brutal Legend as well, I was shocked that so many of your games had managed to slip by me unnoticed.

Halloween has always been my favorite holiday, but mostly because of nostalgia. There was something special about those memories of running around the neighborhood with friends at night, being freaked out by all the creepy decorations. This game perfectly captured that atmosphere and helped remind me of what I love most about Halloween. On top of that, the game is a blast to play, and while short, left me with a very strong lasting impression.

Since finishing both Costume Quest and Grubbins On Ice, I have purchased Stacking, Iron Brigade, all the DLC for these games, and have been trying to track down a copy of Psychonauts for good measure. If I had a family with young gamers, Sesame Street and Happy Action Theater would also be in my library. I realize that a lot goes in to making a game, but I would very much like to see more Costume Quest games and/or DLC in the future. On my end, it would be an instant buy.

Thanks again!

EVERYTHING this gentleman has said is correct.

I must have picked up Costume Quest when it was free for PSN Plus users. I never played it until last night. And now I NEED MOAR. Downloading the DLC after work today.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the words of support and appreciation in this thread. CQ is definitely a special game.

i bought the Double Fine Pack on steam a couple of weeks back and totally fell in love with this game.

played it A LOT.

the DLC too.

if there'll be more to it (another DLC or a sequel) i'll be more than happy to buy and play the hell out of it! :D

I like how the end of the DLC shows options for like 6 more expansions. :)

This is another perfect (and rare) example of games appropriate for kids and adults. I saw in one of the videos where Ron talks about making Putt Putt Adventure. He said parents would write him talking about how they would continue to play the game after the kids have gone to bed. There is something special about these games that make the universally liked, regardless of age.

DLC was clever too.

This is my favorite of the amnesia fortnight titles. The Halloween-based story was a big part of it.

So here's hoping.

Honestly I wouldn't count on it. With Double Fine focused on its kickstarter project and other future endeavors (like the possibility of psychonauts 2), new costume quest dlc might be put on the back-burner indefinitely.

I just want to say thanks for CQ. Such a great game. DF you guys always amaze me

Loved this GAME. Simple, fun way to wined away a Sunday afternoon. :)

Has Tasha Harris has left Double Fine for good or willing to work co-op on a sequel if her new employment allows?

it would be quite good to make continuation, but any more with the top view, and with a look from the third party))

October's around the corner and it'll be mandatory to run through Costume Quest again. This has already become a Halloween staple along with the Charlie Brown special and the Simpsons Treehouses of Horror. Wonderful game, definitely my favorite of the Amnesia Fortnight batch, and perfectly captures the wonder of trick or treating as a little kid.

I dearly wish that some more content, either DLC or a fully fledged sequel was on the horizon though. I would gladly keep buying DLC packs, but a Co-op enabled sequel would absolutely be awesome!

Hmm, in the latest podcast Tim mentioned that Halloween was coming up again and that they should make another Costume Quest. Not sure if it's worth getting your hopes up as it sounded as a rather throwaway comment (and I'd imagine they would have announced the game by now if it was coming for this October), but I'd definitely like more. The cliffhanger ending was too much of a tease. Just make the combat system a bit more interesting and keep the same level of great world-building and writing and you've got yourself a hit, Double Fine. Get on it!

Did Grubbins on Ice have a cliffhanger ending?

I'm gonna replay these and dream of what may be.

Grubbins on Ice had a huuuuuuuuge cliff hanger ending. Its really like a... throw your controller at the screen type of cliffhanger.

I know it was primary a kids game but I did get alot of fun out of it. The battle system reminded me alot of the penny arcade games, just wish it had a bit more complexity to it after a while the battles got very repetitive, great idea behind a game though, and I'd love to see more if it.

Never been trick or treating is 21 too old to start :-)

I'll be soon 34, yet I consider CQ more entertaining than most of the games available of this gen, I really hope double fine will think it over and eventually make a sequel or another DLC which wraps up the cliffhanger ending of grubbins on ice at least, whether Tasha is in or out. Hopefully for the next Halloween, but even an X-mas based CQ would be cool.