Sign in to follow this  
redroom

Will there be a sequel?

How about an expansion where they teleport to a portapotty, and have to tunnel through three miles of feces, but get stuck when they hit a mineral deposit, and then they start crying, and then they die.

How about that?

He's speechless, ladies and gentlemen. The idea was that good.

Inside my mind is a single mantra that repeats over, and over again. What Would Coach McGuirk Do?

I live my life by that.

Well, here's hoping DF can (if they even have to, I don't know) buy Costume Quest off THQ.

While I loved CQ, I doubt the format of going door to door in every area etc. would work in a longer game - and while I'd be happy with another short iteration in the series, given that the title only refers to the ability to change costumes for different powers it would also be nice to see a change to a less seasonal and more expansively, imaginatively formatted game with the same puzzle solving, humorous writing and and partially time-based combat elements.

Here, let me keep this thread alive. I don't know if DF have the license back from THQ or whether they'd like to do it without Tasha, but I think it would be worth it. I don't know why it took me so long to play Costume Quest - I bought it as soon as it turned up on Steam, but now I've finally got to the end... and hit a cliffhanger! AAARGH!

Now that Massive Chalice is backed, let me share the game I would love to see from Double Fine and would gladly put my money towards via Kickstarter: a full-length Earthbound-style Costume Quest sequel. Improve the gameplay and fighting mechanics (an easier way to heal, or most effective blocks for example), remove the silly "hit everything" idea in favour of funnier reasons to explore, add a map, and a truly epic save-the-world mission that combines comedy with heart. Hell, just tell the gaming world "Double Fine want to do a full-length Earthbound-style RPG" and I'm sure you'll get funded.

If I remember correctly THQ only had the distribution rights for consoles, so Double Fine are free to make sequels if they wish and are able to find funding.

I wouldn't mind a sequel either, as the original with expansion was very charming and a lot of fun. Would be nice with a little more fleshed out game in the same vein as I love those humor filled casual RPGs with adventure elements like Deathspank and On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness. I think CQ could fit nicely into that niche and I'm sure DF would put a really nice spin on it.

It occurred to me the other day that if the DoubleFine team still has groups of people not working on either Broken Age or Massive Chalice, they'd probably want to get their own Kickstarter games going, yeah?

Maybe that game should be a continuation of Costume Quest. :D

While I do think that Kickstarter is a very viable way to revive Costume Quest, I think we won't see another campagin from Double Fine until at least one of their active KS titles have been released (which it appears will be Broken Age first).

The funding shortfall announcement has shaken a lot of people's faith in the idea of crowdfunding games.

I don't want DF to make a sequel to any of thier games without fresh ideas and a worthy story.

I love these videos you guys do! Especially after following the AF docs. I feel like I get to know team members over time, so it's funny to see them goofing off and throwing in inside jokes.

You guys are giving The Behemoth a run for their money with your announcement trailers ;)

I can't wait to play the game!!