Sign in to follow this  
Chris Knight

Site re-design

I like the new site design, very nice and...carnival-y.

While I was previously using my browser's bookmarks to keep track of which issue of each comic I was on, the cookie mechanism works fine for me, too. Any possibility of an RSS feed of when new comics are added?

I'm glad you like the re-design. And Yes, there is a possibility of a feed for the comics. In fact, we've just implemented it on the active comics. Try it out, let me know if they work OK.

Cool, am I just lame and missed the ATOM / RSS link at the bottom of the comic page or did that get added literally today?

I'll try it out, I use Vienna on OSX as my reader, FYI.

Thanks for all the work put into the update. It rocks!

If you are still here Klint, when will the subscribed folders and PM stuff work on the forums? Navagating previous posts is requiring a scan of the entire forum. I tried to PM you about this but it didn't show up in my PM folders so I assume that it isn't enabled just yet. Thanks if you can answer this or help!

Thanks for the appreciation Narceleptic Space Goat. To save private messages into your "Sent" folder, you have to check a small check box in the "Options" section of the message window that says "Save a copy in my sent folder". Also the subscription folder is working as far as I can tell.

Oh, well don't you just know everything.

Thanks for the appreciation Narceleptic Space Goat. To save private messages into your "Sent" folder, you have to check a small check box in the "Options" section of the message window that says "Save a copy in my sent folder". Also the subscription folder is working as far as I can tell.
Thanks Klint. I am adjusting from another forum format (vbulletin).

Edit: Small request for the forums- Could there be an option to auto-subscribe to all threads that you post in, in the future?

Also, are there going to be a set of forum rules/FAQ posted? I know the forums are only three days old, but it might be a good idea to lay out the forum's guidelines. ;)

Hmm, I'm seeing repeats of everything in the ATOM feed using my Vienna RSS reader, perhaps timestamps will fix this?

Feed Reader on Windoze seems to handle this fine...But the timestamps would be nice too.

Vienna is much happier now, thanks for the fix!

Hmm, I'm seeing repeats of everything in the ATOM feed using my Vienna RSS reader, perhaps timestamps will fix this?

Feed Reader on Windoze seems to handle this fine...But the timestamps would be nice too.

Well, I'm new to these forums. Hi.

I think the new design is great, however, I have some suggestions regarding the ease of use.

New readers can't get to comic 1 quickly. It takes like a minute to scroll to comic #1, even with the quick scroll button. You might want to consider some sort of first/last comic jumping feature.

Then comes the problem that I can't bookmark or link to one of the specific comics. What if I want people to have a good laugh at this one specific comic? Scrolling again. Requesting a link system to each comic (like it adds &id=number to the URL and the Flash application will automatically scroll/view that comic)!

So basically, the design is fine, but the ease of use has some flaws that might be better off being fixed. ;)

I really like the new site design, can't wait for the minigames to come around, but I have one complaint. I can no longer save the new comics that come out due to the fact that the comics aren't downloadable image files, but part of a streaming flash file. Could you please add the option to download the individual comics as JPEGs or bitmaps? You could maybe even have batch files of all the comics up to a certain point (like comic 500 for Scott C. when it's posted).

If not, I could always claim you have the insanity...

...OF A MANATEE!

Thanks,

Dr_Worm AKA Bryan Skinner AKA Dr. Worm

Site looks quite good, but I've never seen what it looked like before, so can't really comment. ;)

Site looks quite good, but I've never seen what it looked like before, so can't really comment. ;)
It looked like this but with even more orange surrounding the two-headed baby logo. It was orange in lethal doses so when you first came to DoubleFine.com, your eyelids usually peeled back from shock to the exposure of it's orangeness.

It looked like this but with even more orange surrounding the two-headed baby logo. It was orange in lethal doses so when you first came to DoubleFine.com, your eyelids usually peeled back from shock to the exposure of it's orangeness.

Quadrupled by the fact that I can't really recall any other websites that use Orange as their primary color!

Yup^. You could've easily mistaken it for a "Crush" Orange Soda Pop or "Tang" website.

The forum is still relatively orange, though. ;) Unless there are multiple skins somewhere, which I can't seem to find.

The forum is still relatively orange, though. ;) Unless there are multiple skins somewhere, which I can't seem to find.
Yeah there aren't more forum skins yet that I could find either. Things could be worse.. they could have used lime green and brown stripes and had them shake slightly to give everyone headaches. I'm glad they didn't do that just for the record.

Might be cool if they'd let users upload their own skins, but also probably a bad idea. I know from experience that that sort of thing is just perfect for abuse.

So let's just be thankful they didn't pick a seizure-inducing animated color scheme.