Sign in to follow this  
ashik123

top 5 movies 0f 2011

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)

Jack Sparrow and Barbossa embark on a quest to find the elusive fountain of youth, only to discover that Blackbeard and his daughter are after it too. (136 mins.)

Director: Rob Marshall

Stars: Johnny Depp, Penélope Cruz, Ian McShane, Geoffrey Rush

Fast Five (2011)

Dominic and his crew find themselves on the wrong side of the law once again as they try to switch lanes between a ruthless drug lord and a relentless federal agent. (130 mins.)

Director: Justin Lin

Stars: Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson, Jordana Brewster

Scream 4 (2011)

Ten years have passed, and Sidney Prescott, who has put herself back together thanks in part to her writing, is visited by the Ghostface Killer. (111 mins.)

Director: Wes Craven

Stars: Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox, David Arquette, Lucy Hale

Cars 2 (2011)

Star race car Lightning McQueen and his pal Mater head overseas to compete in the World Grand Prix race. But the road to the championship becomes rocky as Mater gets caught up in an intriguing adventure of his own: international espionage. (106 mins.)

Director: John Lasseter, Brad Lewis

Stars: Owen Wilson, Larry the Cable Guy, Michael Caine, Emily Mortimer

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011)

Harry, Ron and Hermione search for Voldemort's remaining Horcruxes in their effort to destroy the Dark Lord. (130 mins.)

Director: David Yates

Stars: Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Michael Gambon

A ninja blender is a terrible waste of money. You put it away after the first time you use it and you are never able to find it again.

This spammer actually succeeded in starting a conversation, even if their criteria for top film was box office gross. I'm impressed.

I still need to see Muppets, Hugo, and a few others. Films I have enjoyed so far are Harry Potter Part 2, Rango, and X-Men: First Class.

Of all the films that I have watched this year, my favorites are definitlely. Harry Potter, The Muppets, and Paul. Though I haven't seen Captain America, or Cowboys and Aliens yet for some reason, also the new Sherlock Holmes looks pretty good.

I saw a bunch of movies this year but I don't think a single one of them was actually released this year. I think the last movie I saw in the theater was Inception and the one before that was Avatar.

I wasn't sure whether to reply to this thread, but now other people have so I guess I can. I'm totally that insecure. :'D

Anyway... my top five movies this year were The Debt, Paul, Super 8, X-Men: First Class, and maybe The Inbetweeners Movie? I don't know. My favourite non-2011 film that I saw this year has to be Donnie Darko. Just... how did I miss it before?!

As someone who just got back from The Muppet Movie I am upset that it is not on the list.

I thought Submarine was pretty good, appart from that I didn't see many movies this year, there was a film called Warrior that was also very good.

My favorites from 2011 were Red Riding Hood, Paul and Suckerpunch.

Red Riding Hood? I'm sorry, but I sat though that with my mom and I will have to say it made no sense half of the time. (SPOILER)

Why snap and kill your daughter? Why not tell your family that you need to move, they will understand . . . maybe? If you felt bad about killing your mother/mother in law . . . WHY DID YOU TURN HER INTO FOOD AND FEED HER TO YOUR DAUGHTER?! Also, why did they gut him and then stuff him with rocks? Couldn't they have just tied rocks to him?? Is it some kind of wherewolf thing?

Spoiler tags!

1. Because it wasn't actually his daughter; his wife cheated on her

2. He did tell his daughter, that was the last scene

3. He was trying to turn his daughter into a werewolf

4. Because rope would rot faster than flesh and the body would float to the surface? I'm actually not sure on this one either.

Captain America, Thor, Transformers, green lantern, fast five.

These were some great movies for this year, can't wait to see what next year brings our way.