Double Fine Action Forums

I would, But I have no idea where to find this friend code thing in Mario Kart 7. Nintendo is getting more retarded every year -_-;

Heck, I loved Mario Kart since the SNES. MK7 has so little content compared to MKDS :(

Racing through water, gliders.... all bullshit that don't add anything gameplaywise

3DS = 3rd worst console launch in existence. Right after the PS3 and Dreamcast. Is there even more than 4 games worth it yet?

I would, But I have no idea where to find this friend code thing in Mario Kart 7. Nintendo is getting more retarded every year -_-;

Heck, I loved Mario Kart since the SNES. MK7 has so little content compared to MKDS :(

Racing through water, gliders.... all bullshit that don't add anything gameplaywise

there's only one friend code now -- in the friend menu on the home page.

I don't actually have MK7 yet, but yeah that's what I've heard. Mario Kart DS was the fucking shit though. I played that game way too much. they need to go back to that formula (ie snaking) and quit messing around.

3DS = 3rd worst console launch in existence. Right after the PS3 and Dreamcast. Is there even more than 4 games worth it yet?

yeah.

it's been out about 9 months now, not really "launch"ing at this point. there are a few games that are neither remakes nor lame, although the games they remade were certainly due for it.

but it's becoming more and more likable as they figure out the online stuff, honestly. I actually feel like there's some new content to look at every time I turn it on. the eShop is especially, surprisingly well made; better than the iOS app store.

Personally, I think the online system on the 3DS is a huge improvement. And I agree, there is a lot of great stuff is on the eShop -- I recommend VVVVVV , Mighty Switch Force, and Pushmo. And Shantae if you never had a DSi.

Though yeah, the "hard copy" software lineup is a bit lacking... but Resident Evil Revelations next month, so psyched. One website, I forget which one, did a week of coverage... but it ended up devolving into every post being "This game is really scary and really good. here is some random thing they did that is scary and good."

Also... 0130-2318-1471. Don't have Mario Kart though. I do have Four Swords, which everyone should have as its free, is that online or only local?

I know its not in its launch window anymore. It still was so bad that they cut the price dramatically after only 6 months. I don't think that has happened for any other console. Also, the launch line up was an abismal 16 games, only 7 are not ports and only 1 game, ONE FUCKING GAME WAS AN ORIGINAL IP I stand by my statement of its terrible, terrible launch. Even 9 months later I see little reason to buy besides the fact that my fanboy status of Zelda makes me want the special Zelda edition version. I have no doubt that Nintendo does have things planned for the 3DS, but I feel that I would be weary at this point if I was an investor. Especially after the mediocore reveal of the WiiU and its terrible name and terrible controller for normal games. I will eventually get one though, but Like the Wii, I might wait about 3 or 4 years into it's life cycle.

Smeld, are you implying that it is the worst selling or worst in your experience of using?
I haven't used one much, but I am saying in terms of sales and in terms of how well it was planned out, the timing, launch titles, price and promise of upcoming titles and new IPs was lacking incredibly bad for all 3 consoles I mentioned, and also the PSP which I didn't mention.

Actually, surprisingly, the 3DS sold better than the DS did. The DS actually had a much worse launch, come to think of it. It was a year before anything really notable came out for it.

...Apparently the PSVita isn't setting off any wildfires either, which is strange, because their launch lineup is fantastic.

Oh, also, Zelda 3DS is goddamn beautiful. I don't even like Zelda that much (with the exception of Skyward Sword and Majora's Mask, you won't hear my gush about it), but I love looking at that thing.

I think what is keeping the vita back so much is a combo of at&t, the retarded fucking back touch screen, the over fucking priced memory cards and sonys support of sopa. when you look at that stuff together, its not a mystery why it isnt doing well yet.

Also, the launch line up was an abismal 16 games, only 7 are not ports and only 1 game, ONE %#$@&! GAME WAS AN ORIGINAL IP

er. you haven't been around for that many console launches, it would seem. remakes, ports, and one or two new IPs is pretty standard.*

EDIT: didn't mean to sound like a douche don't read that in a douche voice please.

The 3DS sucks MAJOR ASS!

I tried it at a store the other day and I didn't see 3D. All I saw was a blurry screen with red and blue colors that can make anyone blind!

sounds like it was broken/not a 3DS

Microsoft has published DS games, something I have always found kind of amusing. See: Age of Empires and Diddy Kong Racing.

The 3DS sucks MAJOR ASS!

I tried it at a store the other day and I didn't see 3D. All I saw was a blurry screen with red and blue colors that can make anyone blind!

...But thats not even how the 3D on the 3DS works...

Blue and red, right? Like old school 3D glasses? Sorry, maybe I misinterpreted your post.

In order for the 3d on the 3DS to work, you need to look at it within a window. It means people can't look at it from the side, unfortunately, but it works pretty well for me. I actually really like the system, despite its flaws.

Also, Kodiak, y u no add me on 3DS bro? EDIT: Oh no, there we are.

Ya, finding that 3D sweet spot is a bitch. Specially if you have glasses, a lot of people who said they have the most trouble are ones with glasses. Me included.

VVVVV and Freakyforms or whatever it's called are cool (the former isn't 3DS exclusive tho)

nah, I find the spot easily. Though the free view button in Zelda 3DS as you have to look around by changing the 3DS position

There's one eshop 3DS game that is absolutelyamazing, though not worth a 3Ds purchase: Pushmo (Pullblox in EU)

http://pushmo.3dsfans.com/topvoted.php.

That is the biggest reason why motion controls on a handheld + 3d = WTF were they honestly thinking. The same reaction was reached when Sony caused everyone to say "WTF" at their back touch screen.

Awesome.

Come on, I know more of you have these things. I want to send stupid notes to more internet people. Jel, you found your code yet =P It's under the button that looks like a smiley face on the main menu.

EDIT: And according to the time stamp, my post is before yours hot. Weird.

My sister got one the other day. It's pretty cool to ness around eith, but she doesn't have any games yet so...

I don't think I'll get my own until Snake Eater 3D or Luigi's Mansion 2.

EDIT: Oh and I want a Vita way more. If only because I never got a PSP and you can download PSP games on to it. Which means more Persona for me!

Sign in to follow this