Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Domo209

i just realized something

if the titans are still on earth, making the Brutal landscape

in the crucible of the titans, why are the TC not bowing down to their gods?

i know its a MP level, but jeusus, not even a comment? i mean isnt that lead them to the point of making the humans in the first place? or better yet?

the entire plot

whatever just a small thing i noticed

Atheism? :D

No really, I don't think the Coil would be very happy to worship the guys anymore.. I mean, considering the way they got dumped and were desperate enough to try and revive a toe nail, a rough guess would be that they're still rather bitter about the whole ordeal. Kind of like that theoretical significant other you dumped through a text message on their birthday. At first they cried, then they got desperate, and after a while they got over it and won't talk to you anymore. *shrug*

But it's an interesting notion to say the least. A brief mention on the subject would have been nice.

Maybe because the Titans have allied themselves with the Guardian of Metal, ass you see them working inside the Motor-forge. I'm pretty sure the Guardian is an enemy of the Tainted Coil. In that segment of the game after you leave Deaths Clutch you can probably remember that the Tainted Coil has been busy castrating and tying up most of the iconic features in the scenery. But, you will notice that most of the objects that are vandalized are of human make, so I don't know. Do we really know that those things in the Crucible of the Titans were actually Titans? It's likely although I thought Titans had human faces.

This is a good thread, I want to know more myself.

well i was thinking the masks were to protect the eyes/face just like how people who are making things with torches wear that mask so they don't go blind

the idea of them being bitter or forgetting who they are but

JEEZ

even if they hate them or not, not even ONE word about how huge and powerful they are?

i mean sometimes eddie(i think doviclous does to, not sure about ophelia) make a comment on the demon worm sometimes if they are near it and get hit

still pretty weird

Maybe there ARE some sort of comment hidden in there somewhere, only they're like some sort of super well hidden rare secret that isn't uttered very often. I dunno, I never downloaded the crucible. My guess is simply that when they made the downloadables, they didn't have access to the voice actors any more and scrapped any ideas they might've had for it.

Or maybe the coil had already been to the crucible of the titans prior to the stage battles. I mean, like hell they'd just accept a battle on unknown ground, it's not like Dovicolus is outright stupid. Been there, seen that, you know the drill.

Oh, and the masks are very similar to some masks of executioners back in the day. It's just a tiny little notion, but in case Double Fine intends to be historically accurate on the subject (which I doubt) then they might have some sort of backstory about those guys being criminals, since the job of executing people was a job one would get as a punishment for crime, rather than being executed themselves.

Or, they could've just taken it from one of Frank Frazettas paintings. They took a LOT of their concept art from Frank Frazettas paintings.

Sign in to follow this