Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Trows

Refrences to metal

'lo there!

Had a quick look to see if there was any other topic on the subject, but I might have missed it!

Just had a thought today regarding references to underground bands. Obviously there are already refrences to bands like Iron Maiden, but I wonder if there will refrences to some of the more underground bands, or some of the mighty figures in metal whom have fallen.

I could just imagine climbing the "Valfar" mountain, or running down "Quorthon" avenue in "Schuldiner" city. I think things like that would make me appreciatethe game that little bit more.

I suppose i'll just have to wait to find out :P

Either way though, the game is going to be fantastic for the following reasons:

1. It's a Tim Schafer game.

2. It's a Tim Schafer about metal.

3. It's a Tim Schafer about metal starring Jack Black and Dio.

Chuck Schuldiner of the legendary band Death.

Died six years ago because he couldn't get the funds to perform a life-saving operation.

As long as there is some kind of dark fortress (or better still, a lava field shaped like that) in the game, there is a reference to Dimmu Borgir. :)

Well, the protagonist's name is Eddie, and Eddie is the mascot of Iron Maiden, but that's just obvious.

I wonder if there will be a Viking section for the Viking metal genre, or heck, Metal's general obsession with Norse mysticism.

Spinal Tap since humor and rock together but most don't have a clue who the hell they are. Humor and Rock and Roll or metal is a good connection between them and Double Fine.

Sign in to follow this