Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Haveyougotamic

Solo survival

Just thought I'd post in here with some pics of Survival Swamp ICP/DG placements that some might find handy.

http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f211/Confury/Iron Brigade/?start=all

It's nearly impossible to try and describe good spots so I decided to take screenies of them during a swamp run. The DG spots near Blue might not be optimal but I think the ICP placement is solid. ICP Pics 4/5/6/7 aren't really needed, but I have them there for VD scrap drops. The Layout pics are just my sniper/MG spots (along with silly sniper placement around Blue for pics 1/2/3). I plan on doing this for Hospital/Settlement aswell. If you think some of these could be moved to a better spot or something, lemme know (along with any good spots for the other 2 maps!).

Most of these are pretty close to how I place them.

I'd recommend moving the very first ICP to the middle of that little ridge instead of the far left, because you can actually climb it without the collector there. Do the dampeners in image 15/16/17 overlap at all?

I'd recommend moving the very first ICP to the middle of that little ridge instead of the far left, because you can actually climb it without the collector there. Do the dampeners in image 15/16/17 overlap at all?

The ICP on the ridge to the left of the bridge actually doesn't get in your way when you climb over to that Blue lane. As for the DG's, as far as I could tell from the range of each, they didn't overlap (I had the one closest to the Blue base fully upgraded but the one to the left of the lane only at level 1 or 2 for fear of overlapping). Not sure though since nothing got that far lol.

I know a lot of you guys play solo and some get really far aswell, i was wondering if you could share your loadouts and turret plaacements with me as i would like to give it a try. Im talking about the new maps of course.

There should be a separet thread created for each of the three survival maps.

It's just going to get to confusing.... and way to much to organize.

For settlement survival, may I suggest this thread?

Solo Settlement Survival

Haveyougotamic, starting a thread like this... wow, will require a lot of work to make useful for others to find the information they need "quickly" for a specific survival map.

Perhaps... this can of worms can be opened... spread between different threads?

The ICP on the ridge to the left of the bridge actually doesn't get in your way when you climb over to that Blue lane. As for the DG's, as far as I could tell from the range of each, they didn't overlap (I had the one closest to the Blue base fully upgraded but the one to the left of the lane only at level 1 or 2 for fear of overlapping). Not sure though since nothing got that far lol.

Good to know. I only mentioned it because I played once or twice with someone who placed it in the same place you did, and I swear I couldn't get up. Maybe I didn't try hard enough.

I'm definitely a lot more stingy with collectors. I'll put one on each side of the bridge on the lanes below, one under the aerial spawn, and one by the ramp across from green. I figure if anything else gets further than that...I'm in the midst of all the action so I can do my own collecting :P

For dampeners, I put two on the corners of the bridge, one on the side of the ramp, one in the curve of the blue lane slope, and one right next to each base. Basically, almost identical to the spots you mentioned minus DG 6...that one seems superfluous (and possibly dangerous because of how close it looks to DG 5) I'd nix that one. You could maybe squeeze another sniper in there? (I actually setup my snipers differently on the curved ledge, so I don't know. Haha.)

Sign in to follow this