Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Disgraced Cop

I Got a Scoop on the New Game

I know a guy named Rick and he and Tim Schafer are old friends (they even co-owned a club in the late 80's called "Ego") and I managed to get him drunk off of cranberry schnapps and drag some information out of him. He said the new game would take place in the seamy underside of Miami and would be about a talking speedboat who is hired by the police to go undercover to catch a yacht that runs the entire Miami underworld. It may sound like a comedy but it's not, it's a serious crime drama epic that asks the question "What if a speedboat was under a Mayan curse that allowed him to talk and then what if he was hired by the Speedboat Division of the Miami Police Department to go undercover to catch a yacht also under the same Mayan curse?" I guess in 2008 we'll finally find out the answer to that age-old question.

Ach, more Mayan curses. If I had a nickle for every game I've played with a curse from some Central/South American ancient civilization, I'd have...uh, fifteen cents. Gee, that's not a lot. If I had $500,000 for every game I've ever played with a curse from some Central/South American ancient civilization, I could fund Psychonauts 2!

I don't think thats true :b I think you're trying to start a new rumor because you think it's fun x)

It's been done already. Are you not familiar with the popular mid nineties game: "The speedboat that was under a Mayan curse that allowed him to talk who was then hired by the Speedboat Division of the Miami Police Department to go undercover to catch a yacht also under the same Mayan curse?" for the Jaguar.

Uh oh, poor Rick. He's so going to get punched, or angrily looked at. Either way, it should be interesting enough for Tim to blog about it afterwards.

That synopsis does sound A LOT like "Donnie Brasco" though. Not sure they'll get away it...

Wow. Either that story is fun or boring. Now if eveybody had big heads and weird porportioned bodies, and they act perfectly normal, then that would be cool. But the whole boat thingy sounds kinda... dullish? There should be something about some crazy subject nobody expects. Actually, its funny... if Tim goes with this plot, and then he releases a game that has NOTHING to do with boats. Like... some talking baseball bat that helps a kid d... wait... thats been done right? some movie thing right?... um... oh! heres a good one... ha... so... theres this ring... and all these crazy waky characters run around trying to get it, and theres these midgets and tall pointy eared people... wait... hmm... I give up. Maybe we should just wait for a hint from Tim... himself. I'm not doubting your info... but you know what alchohal does... that guy prolly went home and sung the brady bunch song while dressed up as captian han solo and sat in his bathtub for 3 hours stroking his cat named "Dr. Phil". Or... maybe he just went home and slept... you never know what those crazy alchoholics do next!

-Sean Smith

Sounds like the guy was drunk, not supine information!

He might be telling you information to get you off his back.

So completely false, and yet i find myself wondering if, by the compelling forces of irony, this actually will be the game

Maybe, except it would be in glorous DirectX 10 3D, with insanely ridiculous and wacky physics. I would totally buy that.

Uh oh, poor Rick. He's so going to get punched, or angrily looked at. Either way, it should be interesting enough for Tim to blog about it afterwards.

That synopsis does sound A LOT like "Donnie Brasco" though. Not sure they'll get away it...

i dont think this is true But i gotta say your avatar is just Badass

Sign in to follow this