Sign in to follow this  
dinnerordie17

NOTCH!??!?!?

Koco, plz stay.

I REALLY WANT TO THIS TIME. I need to get back in the groove of posting again.

Deviantart and other places are becoming kinda boring for me so chances are I'll stick around.

Time to bookmark this forum.

Thank God you're back, Koco! Everyone kept saying that I had done something horrible to you. Which is weird, because hot is the one who seems to be obsessed with you.

Thank God you're back, Koco! Everyone kept saying that I had done something horrible to you. Which is weird, because hot is the one who seems to be obsessed with you.

I just find it hilarious that people still talk about me at all here. How long's it been since I was active? 2 1/2-- HOLY CAKE BATTER.

TWO AND A HALF YEARS, SERIOUSLY?

WHERE IS TIME GOING.

I'm glad to see all the original members are still here for the most part, though. c:

WARMS MY HEART.

I've seen your post a few times, and I would wish to welcome you back Koco!

Great thing you came back, and hope that you become more active on DFAF!

Perhaps if this Kickstarter project for DF Adventure succeeds, that will be enough incentive for Psychonauts 2 funding from all interested parties!

So c'mon all you, DF fans! Rise up!

Guys, do any of you have $50,000 to give, so that I can not just help contribute money for Double Fine, but also become a video game character.

Guys, do any of you have $50,000 to give, so that I can not just help contribute money for Double Fine, but also become a video game character.

If I had $50,000 laying around not doing anything I would give it too starving children.

If I had $50,000 laying around not doing anything I would give it too starving children.

If I had $500,000 laying around not doing anything I would help bill gates vaccinate Africans and other underprivileged children.

Maybe they're being so nonchalant about it to deter us so we don't get too exited and explode from the happiness.

If we all explode then there wont be anyone left to buy Psychonauts 2.

If I had $500,000 laying around not doing anything I would help bill gates vaccinate Africans and other underprivileged children.

If I had $500,000,000 laying around not doing anything I would set up the greatest revenge plot/humanitarian effort ever! "Called Feed the Children, Cure The Sick, because Feddlefew is a Selfish One Upping Asshat."

If I had $500,000,000 laying around not doing anything I would set up the greatest revenge plot/humanitarian effort ever! "Called Feed the Children, Cure The Sick, because Feddlefew is a Selfish One Upping Asshat."

I would be okay with that, because my name is in the name of your organization. It should be called "Scarecrow Feeds the Children and Cures the Sick, because Feddlefew is a Selfish One Upping Asshat". SFCCSFSOUA for short.

I wouldn't put my name on the name of the organization. Or anywhere near it for that matter. I'd be completely Anonymous. I would use my untold millions to have a fake joke identity created called Anon E. Mous who would create the organization and donate the funds from a Cayman Account. Because I am not vain. Unlike you, who derives pleasure from the idea of having your name in something, even in a negative light.

New title: "Feed The Children and Cure the Sick because Feddlefew is a Selfish and Vain One Upping Asshat."

I would totally not do any of those things and use the money to make videogames.

BUT THAT VIDEOGAME WOULD CHANGE THE WORLD FOR THE BETTER

There are soooo many damn revenge themed videogames. Srsly, we need better motives. Curiosity, existential joy, or even hedonism would make for more interesting games!

Oh hey just thought I'd pop in and say HOLY **** PSYCHONAUTS 2 MIGHT ACTUALLY HAPPEN SHOOT ME IF I'M DREAMING

Also, no video games explore revenge in detail because then that would require pre-production and designing things around the story and not vice versa, it's much easier to just make a character pissed off and want revenge.

The only thing I can think of that really goes into it is God of War. And it still turns it into a huge world changing event.

Isn't that terrible new game "Asura's Wrath" all about revenge too? Other than that, think you may be right. Revenge as a games entire theme hasn't been widely explored to my knowledge =/

Name five video games that explored the themes of revenge in detail.

Blood Omen, Assassin's Creed 2, Splinter Cell conviction, The Darkness, The Force Unleashed 2. Now if you want to talk about games where you aren't the one seeking revenge but has revenge as a key theme there is final fantasy Tactics, Red Steel 2, both Chronicles of Riddick Games, Red Dead Redemption, Dante's Inferno, Too Human, Devil May Cry 3, I could go on.

Angry birds...

"Revenge" is kind of the lazy motivation of character writing, along with justice.

"Why are they going after X when they could solve the problem by Y?" "Oh, um... X hurt their family and now they want revenge!" "Oh okay."

Okay the defense rests. The defendant is found guilty of being wrong.

Still I'll take a "lazy" personal story over a generic save the world scenario anyway of the week.

In the generic save the world scenario the protagonest is either the "chosen one", trying to get revenge on the village for destroying his [something], or both.

Okay the defense rests. The defendant is found guilty of being wrong.

Still I'll take a "lazy" personal story over a generic save the world scenario anyway of the week.

In the generic save the world scenario the protagonest is either the "chosen one", trying to get revenge on the village for destroying his [something], or both.

But it's not a major theme. And so many save the world tales have no personal motivation at all. See Halo, Zelda, most every JRPG. I'm not talking about revenge as a flimsy excuse to motivate a protagionist into action. I'm talking about a personal story. One that only affects a select group of people and follows a protagonist who has a deep meaningful reason to want to hurt said group. Something that explores in depth themes of hate, self-destruction, vengeance, forgiveness and redemption. Senior pointed out a lot of games that cover that so I was wrong about their rarity. But I stand firm in the belief that the majority of the games bs listed tell a better story then your typical save the world plot.