Sign in to follow this  
Chief Wakamakamu

Hey guys. GUYS. Remember all those times we said "Let’s just give Double Fine the money they need!"

I second preference for an original game, although I'd be hard pressed to pass up "Ron Gilbert's legit Monkey 3 + secret" were it possible. Fresh IP would probably be best for this Kickstarter project though, seeing as community feedback is going to be considered.

I'm saying the voice itself is all you would need, in an original character, to inconspicuously give the game that Monkey Island charm.

It'd also be subject to some nice callbacks.

Many, many congrats from Germany!

As you were saying, Tim, we still love adventures over here and are producing and buying them. And even without a STEAM-activation. To be honest, I donΒ΄t know a single German adventure that has been published via STEAM or another DRM-based downloading system (meaning, that it has to be activated by them).

At the 4players - gaming forum we are all extremely exited and feel great satisfaction, because we think we are witnissing the beginning of the end of the traditional publishers here. ItΒ΄s about time! Not a single day without some of the suits stating that PC gaming is dead, thanks to the evil filesharers, that the used-games market has to be dried out and so on and so on.

One little wish: please next time do implement a non-credit-card based way to donate money as well! Paypal for example. Credit cards are still not in wide use over here and so a lot of people canΒ΄t give you their money as well. Me, for example.

And should the 10 - Mill - mark been reached, may I ask for :

- Psychonauts 2

- BrΓΌtal legend PC-version

- Tim Schaefer running for president of the U S and A.

I'd be interested to know if anyone purchased any of the top tier donations that can't be done on kickstarter because those wouldn't even be included in the current numbers that we see.

Now with almost 1.4 million, are we going to get a soundtrack for the game completely composed by Miracle Of Sound?

That would certainly be awesome! And can give him some more much deserved fame.

I predict they this will make close to 3 mill by the end of the donation run. Almost at 2 mill in only 24 hours. They will probably have 2 mill by the end of the weekend.

I don't think there's anything I can add to the discussion that hasn't already been said better by others. Will just say it's great to hear you guys are working on a new point'n'click and I couldn't be happier to help fund it!

Now with almost 1.4 million, are we going to get a soundtrack for the game completely composed by Miracle Of Sound?

Well, this turned pretty awesome: https://twitter.com/#!/miracleofsound/status/168061632247894017

He's up for it if they want him!

Has anyone considered that at this point they are going to have to give away at least 40,000 downloads of the game? I wonder how Steam will feel about that.

Well, this turned pretty awesome: https://twitter.com/#!/miracleofsound/status/168061632247894017

He's up for it if they want him!

Has anyone considered that at this point they are going to have to give away at least 40,000 downloads of the game? I wonder how Steam will feel about that.

Steam doesn't pitch a fit when hundreds of thousands of people buy the Humble Bundle and activate games on their service. I think they'll live with this.

Looks like the only bonuses that are left are the $15, $30, and $100.

it's now at $1.5 million. this is going to be an awesome game.

As a supporter of the project I was delighted to see another great developer doing some prospective bandwagon jumping, Chris Avellone was a developer on Fallout 2 and Planescape:Torment, he's asking for ideas.

I hope they go for it, I put money into this for more than just a new point and click game, I want us to create a new model.

Don't you just hate it when you have no money?

Ee-yup. I would have payed around the $1,000-$20,000. I don't even like bowling, but it's with TIM-FRIGGING-SCHAFER.

Now, how about doing the documentary as a point and click adventure?

You are Tim Schafer, your team is working on a point and click adventure what do you do?

*Pick up: whip*

*Walk to: Ron Gilbert*

*Use: Whip on: Ron Gilbert*

It's super effective! Production doubled!

*Walk to: Office*

*Look at: Bookcase*

*Open: Secret Door*

*Walk to: Hidden Vault*

*Look at: HUGE pile of kickstarter money*

*Swim*

Don't forget that 5% goes to Kickstarter, another 3-5% to Amazon, and the +100k for the video documentary

Well, if he wants to swim in it he can always change denomination and currency.

Don't forget that 5% goes to Kickstarter, another 3-5% to Amazon, and the +100k for the video documentary

And at least 3% to the credit card processor.