Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chief Wakamakamu

Hey guys. GUYS. Remember all those times we said "Let’s just give Double Fine the money they need!"

Invested $15. Seeing as how this is a huge success and is still earning money, I'm curious as to how much money DF would have to invest in to get a port to consoles? Although you guys could probably get a publisher anyway since the game is already gonna get made and all you'd have to is port it.

Oh my. Could it be that there are enough fans around to push an adventure game's budget up into the millions? Almost 650k in such a short time. Exciting.

Damn I never seen a kick start meet it's goal so fast. I guess Publishers are going to looking at Double Fine seriously.

Hmmm.. I wonder if a "Brutal Legend PC" kickstarter could overcome those music re-licensing expenses... This sort of procedure could help a lot of developers fund seemingly unprofitable ports, don't you think? No incentive to make a mac port of your game? See if people are willing to fund one with (basically) preorders! Makes a lot of sense to me.

You can just refresh the page and watch it go up.

Anyway I have pledged $101.01, so make a great game Double Fine.

I also pledged 101.00. Would have liked to do more, but that's the best I could do for now.

Ah yes, I will absolutely be upping my pledge once I get paid! At very least the $30. It'd be nice to be able to get in the $100 by March 13, but we will see!

From the rate it's going, they probably have over a million by Friday.

Jesus so many people donating.

So many of them not joining the forums so it's not just me, scarecrow, abby and the three other people.

From the rate it's going, they probably have over a million by Friday.

Jesus so many people donating.

So many of them not joining the forums so it's not just me, scarecrow, abby and the three other people.

Hopefully the special backers forums will be a part of the DFAF. That would get a ton of active people on here.

Almost at $900,000!

So if I donate $15 then I would get a copy of the game on release and access to a beta? I'll probably donate if so.

Yes, plus access to the documentary and access to a private discussion group with which to provide feedback and input on the game's development.

Ah good, just donated $15.

I loved Grim Fandango and Day of the tentacle, if this game is even just one tenth as good then it will still be great

You have my $30.

No idea what that is in UK money, credit card is fixing it!

Massive love Double Fine, you guys rock!

Edit: Also please bring this to 360 if possible, I have Steam but prefer consoles!

I'm so happy to be a part of this process. Some of my earliest gaming memories are of "helping" my dad play adventure games on our Atari 1040ST. Mostly Sierra, to be honest, but LucasArts, too. I think The Last Crusade adventure game was the first game I ever beat - and it was especially tough since I hadn't seen the movie (wasn't allowed to until I was a little older). I'm a dad now and my older boy will be 3 years old this summer. We tried the Once Upon a Monster demo, and he wasn't quite old enough to get into it, but he does have a history with adventure games, so to speak. I actually have a Monkey Island SE save file on my 360 from an hour before my wife went into labor with him). Maybe he can "help" me play this game. Thanks DF and Tim for all the great work and endless creativity over the years, and for letting us play a role in this crazy endeavor.

hey’re going to break a milli, throw some d’s on it and restore the adventure genre to its rightful place.

The golden age of adventure coming back????

(posted this in another thread by mistake)

It's too bad that they have to give up between 8 and 10 percent of all proceeds to Kickstarter, and Amazon, but I doubt there was a better way to do this.

Edit: Oh, and probably a good 3 percent to the credit card processor as well.

Sign in to follow this