Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chief Wakamakamu

Hey guys. GUYS. Remember all those times we said "Let’s just give Double Fine the money they need!"

I think Kickstarter exploded from all the awesomeness. I can't get the site to load! haha

ONE MILLION AND TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!!

Wait never mind, I just refreshed and it went to a million and 1 thousand.

oh well.

ONE MILLIONS!!!

so if im reading this right if a give 15 bucks then i will get the game on steam when its finished?

so if im reading this right if a give 15 bucks then i will get the game on steam when its finished?
Yes, plus access to the beta and the opportunity to help Double Fine make the game more awesome.

Yes, you are basically preordering it.

Edit: lol

That's the idea, just remember to select that option from the list when you donate.

lol wow instant responce :D ok then so it works as a pre-order and i get to help tim make a amazing game. hell yeah :coolsmile:

I wonder will there be a point in time when we all look back and ask each other "What were you doing when they hit 1 million?"

I imagine the responses would mostly be "Pressing 'Refresh' and giggling excitedly" (unless that was just me) ...

I wonder will there be a point in time when we all look back and ask each other "What were you doing when they hit 1 million?"

I imagine the responses would mostly be "Pressing 'Refresh' and giggling excitedly" (unless that was just me) ...

No I think that's going to be a pretty common story based on Kickstarter's server response as the counter got closer and closer to $1,000,000.

GUYS!!! I'm not sure if someone brought this up yet, but I just saw something on AotS (Attack of the Show on G4), saying that Double Fine racked up a million dollars for their Kickstarter project!!! Isn't this great!? I almost cried in joy when they announced that. I think that this is going to be their biggest and most successful project they've ever done, being one of the greatest moments in gaming history! Now lets all continue to party and support Double Fine!!!

GUYS!!! I'm not sure if someone brought this up yet, but I just saw something on AotS (Attack of the Show on G4), saying that Double Fine racked up a million dollars for their Kickstarter project!!! Isn't this great!? I almost cried in joy when they announced that. I think that this is going to be their biggest and most successful project they've ever done, being one of the greatest moments in gaming history! Now lets all continue to party and support Double Fine!!!
Your way late to the party. The servers where down for like an hour right when they broke 1 mill. It was quit funny everyone on /v/ was going nuts.

Your way late to the party. The servers where down for like an hour right when they broke 1 mill. It was quit funny everyone on /v/ was going nuts.

I missed it? Oh well. I'm going to lurk some of the threads on /v/ for a bit. At least we're all happy about this excellent news!

I think Tim and DF just simultaneously saved the future of games and made $1mil because people like them. In under 24 hours.

there's no reason that this couldn't be the point where more companies catch on to this kind of funding and the publisher model dies out. no more clones, no more cash grabs, no more paint by number games. video games are developed independently with total creative control and direct support from the fans

double fine dun it

Congrats Double Fine, but don't stop. One million dollars is just the beginning. Let's continue the goal and reach higher destinations.

So unofficially over twitter Tim has confirmed (Rather enthusiastically I might add) that Double Fine Adventure will get a Mac port and be translated into multiple languages.

I dont understand, is Double fine Adventure a new game of theirs?

Check the home page. Click the picture in the news story then click the picture on the Kickstarter page it takes you to. All will be explained.

So unofficially over twitter Tim has confirmed (Rather enthusiastically I might add) that Double Fine Adventure will get a Mac port and be translated into multiple languages.

I dont understand, is Double fine Adventure a new game of theirs?

Check the home page. Click the picture in the news story then click the picture on the Kickstarter page it takes you to. All will be explained.

Mostly. There's not much detail on the actual game beyond it's genre. So don't come here asking questions about what it's about. Because we have no freaking clue.

Rumor has it Dominic Armato will be hired to do voice the main character, thus getting the ball rolling on more Monkey Island games.

Are these rumors to be taken with creedence?

I hope. I pray. I believe.

Sign in to follow this