Sign in to follow this  
Nanomage

Payment methods for Double Fine´s upcoming adventure game funding

Hello everyone

The fundraising DF is doing came to my attention moments ago and I really want to help DF and donate as well,but sadly I don´t think I can use Paysafecard to make my donation and that´s the only method I use for online purchases(like steam games).

Is there any way that I can use the Paysafe card to donate? I don´t use credit cards so PSC is the only means I have for contribute.

I really want to help because I love the genre but otherwise I don´t think I can. :(

Is there a way everyone?

Thank you so much in advance.

Doesn't seem so, I have written to the kickstarter support and they won't add other payment methods than Amazon Payments (what is kinda sad when you live outside of the US). So we now have a lot of people who WANT TO SUPPORT the adventure but who CANNOT do it because of the very limited platform used.

See also my thread: http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/5596/

That´s very unfortunate,I really wanted to contribute to this project. :(

You are not alone :D

I've had that same problem.

However it can be solved in the same way I did it.

Borrow a creditcard from someone.

In my case, I borrowed mine from my mother, and gave her the money that it would cost me (I got the $30 deal, so that would be 22 euro or so) and she handed me her creditcard for this simple one-time transaction to one of the most secure sites on the internet (Amazon).

I know you can easily get a creditcard, I'm 32 and could quite reasonable get one, with a normal job as systems administrator and web-designer, but I have something against using creditcards.

But as you can understand, it is quite simple.

Just ask a relative or friend that has one, and give or use a bank transfer to cover the bill of the creditcard, and usually they have no problems with it.

Unless their cards are maxed out.

I think the main reason is that it allows Kickstarter to cancel payments if the goal isn't met.

Since the goal has been exceeded, I hope Double Fine will allow other payment options! I think there are many people outside of the US who would love to donate but can't because most don't use a credit card.

I think the main reason is that it allows Kickstarter to cancel payments if the goal isn't met.

Since the goal has been exceeded, I hope Double Fine will allow other payment options! I think there are many people outside of the US who would love to donate but can't because most don't use a credit card.

That's what I also still hope. However, this is the job of double fine since kickstarter won't do anything.

I would also LOVE to give to Double Fines Kickstarter but I'm from New Zealand. Amazon will not allow the payment.

Such a pity Double Fine. Is there another way for me to donate to this project?

I know the goal has been met, but I do hope you allow other payment options before the end of the project so people outside the US can contribute as well!.

All the best.

Hey, international folks! Thanks so much for your support and interest in helping us out! We'll have more info for you about if and how you can contribute Monday or Tuesday.

You'll get my dutch support but i'll need paypal to do so. I also know that Germans are the greatest adventure game lovers in the world and

most of them also prefer to pay by means of paypal.

Lot's of love from the Netherlands

Cugel

I'm from Germany and was able to donate using my regular Amazon account from Amazon.de.

You'll get my dutch support but i'll need paypal to do so. I also know that Germans are the greatest adventure game lovers in the world and

Cugel

I'm also from the netherlands and i found a way so i could pledge. Try a v3 card, it is a prepaid cc you can pay for with ideal(maybe there are also these kinds of solutions for other countries).

I'm sure of people actually wanted to donate and not necessarily get the gifts, somebody could start a fundraiser on Paypal or something.

Also apparently according to this article: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/6369/the_crowdfunding_revolution_.php

ulule could have been a more profitable option as they only seem to charge 3% in total. Perfect for the non-us market though.

I had no issues with donating on Amazon; they do take credit cards.

I understand why Kickstarter uses Amazon, and why it isn't willing to manage multiple payment sources. However, I also don't think Kickstarter (or anyone, really) expected any projects to get quite this much attention. It would be sweet if DF could open a Paypal account strictly for collecting payments for this project. But... it would be a nightmare for them to also manage what category people fell into with donations (since Kickstarter does that for them).

Still, if there is more money to be donated, I hope DF finds a way to get it - and starts a total tally on a nice, swanky, shiny DFA page here.

Hey, international folks! Thanks so much for your support and interest in helping us out! We'll have more info for you about if and how you can contribute Monday or Tuesday.

Hmm I see that an update has come out on the Kickstarter page AND on the News page but nowhere in that update do I hear any mention of how International folks can contribute to this project >_>

You know you REALLY don't want to displease the Canadians...

We're a vindictive people with LONG winters during which we have nothing better to do than plot our revenge.

Do you want us to spend the next five months weaponizing Justin Bieber?

j/k

Oh,I see...

That´s very unfortunate,I really wanted to contribute to this project. :(

You'll still have your chance to buy it when it's done, though. Which will, in turn, help fund their next project.

I'm from Germany and was able to donate using my regular Amazon account from Amazon.de.

Yes, we Germans can use our Amazon accounts. And hey, Cugeltheclever. You're name shows you as a man of excellent taste! :)

I would like to donate but I don't have a credit card. :/

Isn't there any other options like paypal, paysafe or ideal?

I am pretty sure there are thousands of people in the same situation who are willing to help but just can't.

Yes, we Germans can use our Amazon accounts. And hey, Cugeltheclever. You're name shows you as a man of excellent taste! :)

Äh, könnt Ihr mir erklären, wie?

For all the others:

Hm, could you please explaine to me how this works?

Äh, könnt Ihr mir erklären, wie?

For all the others:

Hm, could you please explaine to me how this works?

I already had my credit card registered with my Amazon.de account. I just entered my German account info at the promted fields. Can't tell you more... You probably need to have a CC in use already.

I don't know if some people are under extra restrictions but I have had no trouble donating to Kickstarter from Australia.

Kickstarter requires the recipient of payments to be in the US, but anyone can back a project from anywhere in the world. Kickstarter require you to have an amazon payment account but thats not locked internationally.

From the Kickstarter FAQ, I wonder if this is the problem that some people are encountering.

I'm international and keep getting asked for a US address when pledging. What do I do?

in Backing a Project / Pledging

If you are a non-US Amazon Mechanical Turk user you may experience a problem trying to pledge. We've alerted Amazon about this bug. Sorry this is annoying. Please view these instructions to pledge: https://www.jungledisk.com/secure/signup/mturk.aspx.

BilbyCoder

Australian $30 Backer.

Mr. Vance is the man!

Cugel

I'm also from the netherlands and i found a way so i could pledge. Try a v3 card, it is a prepaid cc you can pay for with ideal(maybe there are also these kinds of solutions for other countries).

Thanks fellow landsman! As of yesterday i proudly call myself a modest backer for some of the most

genius and funniest minds in gaming!

I used a 3v vista voucher. Didn't even need to get a card. Just registered, used ideal to pay for the v3 voucher.

After that i used the creditcardnumber v3 sent me by e-mail and amazon-doublefine accepted my donation!

I used a 3v vista voucher. Didn't even need to get a card. Just registered, used ideal to pay for the v3 voucher.

After that i used the creditcardnumber v3 sent me by e-mail and amazon-doublefine accepted my donation!

That's great!

Maybe you can share some info on how much it costs to get a voucher and what country you have to be from.

A link to where you can get a voucher can also help people out.

Thanks

That's great!

Maybe you can share some info on how much it costs to get a voucher and what country you have to be from.

A link to where you can get a voucher can also help people out.

Thanks

https://www.3v.ie/