Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BobaFettOnMoped

Double Fine is an amazing company...

Which is why I would like to know what experience you would need to get into an entry level position. Also what sort of schooling would be needed. I have seen the job listings and would not mind going to school for those, but I'm just seeing what else there is. This may be a silly notion but all I've ever wanted to do was help make great games that actually has a lot of thought go into them and the first name that pops into my head when it comes to that is Double Fine.

The short version is that you need a lot of enthusiasm and a strong ability on one or more tangible discipline (illustration, programming, animation, writing, level design, etc). Being an interesting person (intelligent, creative, charismatic, articulate, etc) helps, too. Basically, we need people with enough fundamentals to do real work, enough enthusiasm to do the work well, and enough personality to be fun to hang around while said work is happening.

You demonstrate your ability through your portfolio, your personality through your interview (if we get that far), and your enthusiasm through everything you do and how you do it.

It also doesn't hurt to know someone here (or a friend of a friend) who can speak highly of your ability and character.

Sounds like a very demanding and awesome/fun job.
Making video games at one of the coolest places on earth, with the coolest game developers ever? I'd think so.
Definately a lifetime goal that would pay off if accomplished.

Sign in to follow this