Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tim Schafer

Thanks everybody!

That pic is scary. Not exactly what you want a newb to the forum to see. ;)

You know, through the course of the kickstarter, I'd fantasize about winning the lottery and donating all of the money to the project...

Of course I didn't win, but it was lovely to pretend.

No no no... thank YOU!

We backers have supported the project because we love your games, they made us so happy, you deserve all the success in the world! It's like some sort of way of giving back a tiny piece of what you have given to us over the years.

I wish you all the best on this new project

PS: I'm watching you guys right now on UStream :)

I'm glad I was able to make a contribution, and that stream was a load of fun to watch.

Can't wait to see what you guys make!

What an awesome way to kick off a project. :) Congrats to the team, congrats to the backers.

Congratulations! Can't wait for the episodes of the documentary and the game to eventually be finished.

So glad to be a part of it, point and click adventures hold a firm place in my heart im more than happy to give Tim/ron the funds, even if the game fails id consider it a thank you for the priceless experience of monkey island Day of the tentacle full throttle grim fandango,

my only regret is not watching the live stream because i got corralled into going out drinking, would be cool to see a montage or find the video someplace tho ;-)

Big love to the Backers

I'm excited because I know what this team is capable of.

I still wish I knew who was definitely working on the game other than Tim and Nathan though (and I guess even Tim isn't a definite here, he could still just be the boss here (or wait I guess Greg Rice is the boss?). It'd be awesome if Tasha could be loaned from Pixar though and if they can hunt down folks like Sean Clark, Bill Tiller, Gary Winnick, and Brian Moriarty for insight that'd be extra awesomesauce.

Also in a perfect world, Michael Land, Clint Bajakian and Peter McConnell need to team up on the composition.

I'm excited because I know what this team is capable of.

I still wish I knew who was definitely working on the game other than Tim and Nathan though (and I guess even Tim isn't a definite here, he could still just be the boss here (or wait I guess Greg Rice is the boss?). It'd be awesome if Tasha could be loaned from Pixar though and if they can hunt down folks like Sean Clark, Bill Tiller, Gary Winnick, and Brian Moriarty for insight that'd be extra awesomesauce.

Also in a perfect world, Michael Land, Clint Bajakian and Peter McConnell need to team up on the composition.

Tim has already confirmed he is the project lead. Ron Gilbert is definitely working on some of it as well, but he has his own secret project at DF right now. As for the rest, Tim said he was waiting until the documentary started filming to make any major decisions about the team.

I think we scored a huge victory for gaming today. Who cares what a publishers thinks? If enough of us want a game to be made and the developers want to make it, it should be made. I hope more games try this out as method of funding, particularly if it can result in something new and original in a genre that's been sitting sad and forgotten for the past few years.

Bring it on guys. Make us proud.

Viva La Double Fine lol. You guys and us fans showed them pesky publishers. This is going to be so exciting to watch for the next year, well done dudes.

So excited about this! I'm extremely happy for Double Fine making this amount of money for an adventure game. This certainly sends a message and has paved the way already for other similar old-school developers to develop something they've always wanted to make. This is a notable moment moment in history to be sure. Can't wait to see things get started!

When do the hidden forums officially open up and what kind of process will we go through to get authorized to view it?

Thank you double fine for a fun month. I'm sure there are more to come.

If you one day down the road find yourself taking poundings in a heated forum debate, you can use some of my pledge for a cool drink and a break. But only a short one ;-)

Kaboxoxoxoxoxooo!

Massive congratulations DF, enjoy the development knowing you have our full support, and know that we do not all expect a completely painless flawless production to boot!!

Take the time you need, make the choices you know will benefit the game, however unpopular decisions seem at the time!

Thanks for having a great idea, congratulations on the successful Kickstart (seems Wasteland 2 is set to follow in your footsteps), and good luck on getting it made.

Thank you Double Fine for letting us be part of something this big, i'd like to know what EA, Ubisoft, etc's headquarters are thinking about this ^^

Congratulations to everybody (Double Fine and gamers alike)! Looking very much forward to being a part of this.

Congratulations to Tim and his entire team at Double Fine! ^^

Sign in to follow this