Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lestroisrois

Do you want Brutal Legend 2?

I really hope for a sequel or game in same universe to come. I can't get enought of BL awesomeness with it's monsters of Rock, mountians of AMPs and etc. Brutal Legend made me buy PS3 (I was in "PC or bust!" club), get me even more into metal and rock music (and introduced several decent bands) and, finally, because of all of thath I've recently bought Rocksmith game and with it I'm learning to play on real guitar now. (I hope no one create Axesmith game thought.)

Even though I really liked Brütal Legend (especially the epic beginning!) I don't really think a sequel would be a good idea. The game was in itself a bit of a stretch IMO and a sequel would probably leave most fans with a sour taste...

Just my 2 cents, now start flaming me already :-)

I would love to revisit the Metal World! Though I don't believe a direct sequel is needed; the Eddy Riggs story seems finished to me. Perhaps a prequel game that sheds more light on Eddy's father's war and more information about Ormagöden, the First Ones, and the Titans. I would love to see Titans stepping down from the heavens to unleash their divine rock of ages.

I would love to revisit the Metal World! Though I don't believe a direct sequel is needed; the Eddy Riggs story seems finished to me. Perhaps a prequel game that sheds more light on Eddy's father's war and more information about Ormagöden, the First Ones, and the Titans. I would love to see Titans stepping down from the heavens to unleash their divine rock of ages.

now i would agree, but eddie is far from finished in his work.

since Ophelia isn't leader of the DD anymore, only god knows whats going to happen to that entire FACTION

then there are the demons who are STILL running around bladehenge and their homeland is still unknown

hell they could already be a entire line of emperor's waiting for the throne now that doviclous is dead

speaking of which, his head fell into the sea of tears, now its said that they are more resistant to the sea's effects, that doesnt mean they are IMMUNE to its effects

also there are few MM fanatics still running around as well

if anything right now(story wise) its a catalclist to a much bigger threat

also what ever happened to ormagodden in his time, and (this is just throwing out there) the commerical with him working for dethclok shows him with all his weapons but hes back in his time

there is much work left to do

now i would agree, but eddie is far from finished in his work.

since Ophelia isn't leader of the DD anymore, only god knows whats going to happen to that entire FACTION

then there are the demons who are STILL running around bladehenge and their homeland is still unknown

hell they could already be a entire line of emperor's waiting for the throne now that doviclous is dead

speaking of which, his head fell into the sea of tears, now its said that they are more resistant to the sea's effects, that doesnt mean they are IMMUNE to its effects

also there are few MM fanatics still running around as well

I'd love to see a black tear doviculus.

if anything right now(story wise) its a catalclist to a much bigger threat

also what ever happened to ormagodden in his time, and (this is just throwing out there) the commerical with him working for dethclok shows him with all his weapons but hes back in his time

there is much work left to do

Brutal Legend needs a sequel so Obviously I support this thread.

I need a billion dollars, but am i gonna get it.................................?

I would definitely love a Brutal Legend 2, one of the most memorable games I've played this gen for sure. The multiplayer and single player both were phenomenal (does anyone still play this online?).

I would definitely love a Brutal Legend 2, one of the most memorable games I've played this gen for sure. The multiplayer and single player both were phenomenal (does anyone still play this online?).

Are you saying 'obviously yes' or 'obviously no'?

'Cause I haven't played for a couple of weeks but last time I did there were still people playing, but not really enough to say 'well DUH, there are MILLIONS of people playing!' so are you saying that everyone has completely disappeared between then and now?

I'm genuinely confused here.

Don't listen to him, just because he plays like once a month if that doesn't mean everyone else is like that.

There are still around 10 or so hardcorde dedicated players including myself that still plays regularly. And of course you always see some old names pop up and some newbies.

So if your looking to find a match depending on time of day you may find one, earlier during the day the better, I work so I don't play until around night time.

I think an extended "director's cut" would be a better starting point than going for a straight sequel. It's obvious the game was cut short due to "development hell",so maybe a nice DLC angle would be a simple and cheap way to "test the waters". You can fix up BL the way it was supposed to be and see if people like it more. And maybe throw in a PC port to boot.

What do you think?

I think an extended "director's cut" would be a better starting point than going for a straight sequel. It's obvious the game was cut short due to "development hell",so maybe a nice DLC angle would be a simple and cheap way to "test the waters". You can fix up BL the way it was supposed to be and see if people like it more. And maybe throw in a PC port to boot.

What do you think?

I think thats a great motherfuckin idea but i dont think that would ever motherfuckin happen unfortunately.

What do you think?

I think thats a great motherfuckin idea but i dont think that would ever motherfuckin happen unfortunately.

with that kind of thinking, i can imagine so

I'd love Brutal Legend 2, but I wouldn't want it to be exactly the same, I'd want to scrap the RTS elements, and give the game a bit of an RPG-lite makeover, including multiple weapons, and customizable armour, also more ridable animals, maybe some kind of steed, perhaps a Thunderhorse?

I think the game would sell better if it was a more accessible genre.

There are too many RPGs out there, it gets quite boring playing those games. RTS is what Brütal Legrnd was intentionally made for. You can't just scrap out the strategy part of it. I do agree with the customization though because it would be sweet to have different guitars in multiplayer like the "Lovegiver".

I don't mean a full on RPG like Dragon Age or Skyrim, I was thinking more along the lines of something like GTA, something free-roam and story driven, rather than about grinding or inventory juggling, but with elements of something like Deathspank, a bit more of a working world rather than only half a dozen actual characters, and then a bunch of fodder. where you con go and seek people out, do a few optional quests. earn different weapons, different armour, that kind of stuff.

being in such a big world, there was very little to do outside of the beaten path in Brutal Legend, the story missions made the game feel confined even in such a huge world,

maybe, but I dunno, I think the RTS missions ruined the pace of the game a little, and when one came up I always felt "aw crap, another one of these" I don't want to think that when I play a game, and it's not like I don't like RTS games normally, I'm a long time C&C fan, maybe if they were semi-optional in single player, like if you failed them 10 or so times it gives you the option to skip it.

How do you fail the stage battles in Brutal Legend?

For the first few,you just mass Razor Girls and a few Thunderhogs and have them just be a mobile laser mob while you run around harassing/killing enemy units til they knock down a tower/parasite. If you want to speed up tower/para destruction,just grab Lars and bring it down faster. Then you use the fan tribute and move the mob up,resupplying them with fresh troops as you go.

The last bunch you just replace the Razor Girls and Thunderhogs with the Skull Splitters and keep going. The only ones that give you trouble are the last 3. And the Ice Mines are pretty easy if you move the Skull Splitters up one side and the Hexadon and Lita up the other,dropping Rock Blocks and Bring It On Homes on their stage,and this is a cake walk. After that,it's just about keeping the enemy in check while you build the Rock Crusher to beat the whatsits that needs beating.

Yeah, there's a lot that the game doesn't explain to you. I didn't even know that you could double team with the stage or upgrade your units until I started reading the forums. I still suck at the game though. The single player wasn't too challenging for me however. Except for the last mission, but even then I found a decent strategy.

Hey Outscisor, try not putting the beacon directly on the leach or merch booth. Instead, put it right next to it so your units will defend themselves.

What are you guys talking about? The mission where you go into the mines to free the head bangers is basically just one big tutorial on how to use troop commands and you HAVE to use the head bangers' double team to complete the mission! Short version,hit the button with the icon pops up near your troops to double team and the d-pad issues commands to everyone nearby. There's some extra commands for selecting individual units,but you don't need them tactically except for the mission you learn about it and the one right after. So yeah,I think this is just a case of people not paying attention.

Tim actually admitted in one of the podcasts that the tutorials weren't well designed. There are so many things the game doesn't tell you about.

Sign in to follow this