Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lestroisrois

Do you want Brutal Legend 2?

Honestly the only thing this game didn't explain was the rally flag. I was literally around as good as I am as soon as I learned how to use it.

First,all that shit's in the manual. If you don't have a manual,you didn't buy new. And that makes you scum in the eyes of the devs cause they don't see money from second hand sales. Unless they're secretly supplying the secondary market with new stuff. Which I wouldn't put past them.

As for tutorials,well,watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?src_vid=VypMb4vpzGU&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_663004&v=XAxNUJLNOuI

Most of the stuff that's "missing" isn't missing. It's just supposed to be learned by playing the game. For example,enemy leaders aren't unkillable,they just take off if you do enough damage. If you use the Anvil to keep them from flying away,you can kill them. You can also still hit them in the air with lightning from your guitar if you lock on to them before they take off. Which is why I take the Soul Sucker axe and lightning guitar. It makes sure I win fights and the lightning becomes a great way to kill even tough enemies quickly.

And really,what kind of idiot doesn't go exploring in an open world game? If you got spaces on your solo bar,there's more solos to get. GO FIND THEM!!

First,all that shit's in the manual. If you don't have a manual,you didn't buy new. And that makes you scum in the eyes of the devs cause they don't see money from second hand sales. Unless they're secretly supplying the secondary market with new stuff. Which I wouldn't put past them.

Devs don't see any money from any sales. Only publishers.

I think article explains best what went wrong.

http://geek.pikimal.com/2012/03/27/mechanical-breakdown-brutal-legend/

Except Tim Schafer is absolutely correct, but I would have chosen different words. You don't play Brutal Legend like an RTS. Brutal Legend is an Action RTS, and you play an Action RTS like an Action RTS. Trying to go at it like Starcraft is just as effective as trying to play it like God of War: it's not.

Oh, and the whole "just pause the game and read the Tour Book WITH YOUR EYES thing" didn't work out so good. So lesson learned: people are morons. A game like this needs a mandatory, single play tutorial that so flawless and perfect that a person can get online without ever touching the multiplayer.

I'd love Brutal Legend 2, but I wouldn't want it to be exactly the same, I'd want to scrap the RTS elements, and give the game a bit of an RPG-lite makeover, including multiple weapons, and customizable armour, also more ridable animals, maybe some kind of steed, perhaps a Thunderhorse?

I think the game would sell better if it was a more accessible genre.

>we want to make this game more accessible to a wider audience

And that my friend, is how you alienate the fanbase

I'd love Brutal Legend 2, but I wouldn't want it to be exactly the same, I'd want to scrap the RTS elements, and give the game a bit of an RPG-lite makeover, including multiple weapons, and customizable armour, also more ridable animals, maybe some kind of steed, perhaps a Thunderhorse?

I think the game would sell better if it was a more accessible genre.

>we want to make this game more accessible to a wider audience

And that my friend, is how you alienate the fanbase

Seconding on DoMo's quote, where do you people come from? and why did you leave your brain at the door?

Well most people who didn't like the gameplay loved the world and the characters in general. I admit before the game came out I thought it was going to be something like what Darksiders ended up being, and I'd still like to play a game like that in the Brutal Legend world some day.

"Make it more accessible" = "It's not enough like (insert popular game here)".

We have an EA marketing representative in our midst!

5 Star post

I like the cut of your gib

but seriously, anyone that has a head on their shoulders know that key phrase means that you are selling the IP out

I would love a sequel or DLC, if only to address the glaring omission of Yngwie Malmsteen tracks from the original! Surely "I'll See The Light, Tonight", "I Am A Viking" or any of the instrumentals from his debut solo album ought to have been in there!

Unless Polygram wouldn't play ball of course, which wouldn't surprise me in the least...

I hope a sequel happens. I've bought it recently, currently at the part where I have to do the mission where you fight the Drowning Doom at the Sea of Black Tears, the mission right after the one one where you guard the tour bus as they get to the Sea, and I can honestly say I love this game, it might even be my most favorite Tim Schafer game, though I have my doubts on a sequel happening as of this time. That's 'cause while Kickstarter could work, the game would need a lot of money, probably the same budget, (not counting soundtrack,) which is more than 13 million dollars, which I'm afraid they couldn't reach, considering that's a lot of money. I'll also as of this point kinda doubt a published sequel, just because right after BL, Double Fine had started working on a sequel when EA cancelled it. But this is just my opinion.

It's about keeping the spark alive PK, it's been three years but you gotta stay optimistic. I've seen some old threads on it, but I think we should do what Iron Brigade forums has been doing recently by stockpiling a bunch of cool ideas in a single thread that we can all build on for fun.

I for one believe a monster truck straddled by the xaulia was sorely missed in BL 1.

You're right, this isn't the best place to be pessimistic towards a sequel, this the area to spark up ideas and excitement for a sequel! Here's an idea: Explaining the Guardian of Metal's backstory or history, that'd interesting.

Dragons/dinosaurs were completely absent in the first game. Considering how metal they are, this needs to be addressed in the sequel.

Dragons/dinosaurs were completely absent in the first game. Considering how metal they are, this needs to be addressed in the sequel.

Dragons would be awesome! The sequel should have more factions and a longer story. Maybe Doviculus's head comes back from the sea of black tears. Or we could find out that this was just one continent in the land of metal and invaders come from across the sea.

Well I think Fletus hinted at the other continent thing, and he did say his nation would invade. Tim said in one of the podcasts that there was another faction in the game at one point. They even have footage of it. Apparently, they can't release it for copyright reasons though.

Well I think Fletus hinted at the other continent thing, and he did say his nation would invade. Tim said in one of the podcasts that there was another faction in the game at one point. They even have footage of it. Apparently, they can't release it for copyright reasons though.

what copyright reasons?

EA being super anal and keeping locked away for no reason other than being anal? Just a clever guess...

Actually, it's probably an Activision thing. This would have been earlier in development when Sierra was still publishing it. Same reason we can't have an art book.

Ahhh it's disappointing really. Feel like the company grudges that have cropped up over BL have been held too long.

Ahhh it's disappointing really. Feel like the company grudges that have cropped up over BL have been held too long.

Well this despute was like how Tim had described it: "hey, if Activision liked it, they should have put a ring on it. Oh great, now Beyonce is going to sue me too."

It's about keeping the spark alive PK, it's been three years but you gotta stay optimistic.

Ditto guy on need for positive energy here!! As for taking out the RTS elements. I'm neutral - I really enjoyed the RTS elements. However, seeing that it was the biggest complaint, perhaps that should be addressed.

I like the idea of having an OPTION to let AI be the general while Eddy runs about double teaming and killing. Lita could be the general, and how well Eddy contributes determines whether the battle is won or lost. Downside: extra AI testing. For the rest of us, the RTS can be played as usual!

Ideas:

- Using the other continent is a must.

- More boss fights like Eddy vs the Spider Queen.

- New customization options, plus customizing Eddy's place!

- Multiplayer: Road-racin! Multiplayer racing with customized muscle cars with/without music would've been an F'n BLAST!

Optional AI general sounds interesting, seeing as the AI would only really handle making units and sending them places. Then again, if the AI has that covered, you can still issue your own orders and double team with units. Like you, I personally enjoy the RTS elements, makes for a more unique game that the industry is forgetting about by just churning out FPS and action-RPG's alike.

I'm generally liking all your ideas too, I mean even Rockstar put cart racing in red dead redemption as a little extra.

I was thinking also the other day, their is a concept image of Fletus with "spider leg wings" on the game. Sounds like double fine already had something planned for his faction? (As all other faction avatars have a set of wings themed for them).

I was kinda sad that I didn't get to drive the Squealer.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Fletus would have been the other faction leader. That would also explain why he had a car. I guess when they cut the faction, they decided to use him and his car for extra racing missions to add to the gameplay. Makes sense really. Why make a totally new character and vehicle when you have perfectly good one's right there?

Yeah the car is pretty good proof too. Can only imagine what his faction would have looked like.

Like, the basic unit (like the headbangers and gravediggers) being baby Fletus' in go-karts. Every unit would have to be in a car, thats the way I see it anyhow.

Hell freaking yes! That would be totally awesome!

I think a really cool solo of his would be "Sabotage" That will render all vehicular units useless (can't move, can't attack, buffs don't work) for 15-20 seconds.

Sign in to follow this