Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ioncannon

Favourite Metal Band?

The top band for me will probably always be Iron Maiden, but these are the other bands I like:

Rammstein, Nightwish, Summoning, Gorgoroth, Ensiferum, Finntroll, Korpiklaani, Turisas, Haggard, Apocalyptica, Wintersun and Dimmu Borgir (their early Black Metal works)

Some of my metal favorites is: HYPOCRISY, Decapitated, Krisiun, In Flames, Soílwork, Illdisposed, Scar Symmetry, Pain, and dio.

:)

Now I know which band just has to be in Brütal Legend:

The Melvins!

Not only do they

, but also their vocalist Buzz "King Buzzo" Osbourne already looks something like what could be the result of Tim Schafer and Jack Black being put into same Chron-o-John and sent into more awesome times.

Wait! There is more:

"In appreciation of their devoted fans, the Melvins have released various collectibles throughout the years. These have included two-headed dolls..."

Coincidence? I think not!

Currently my favourite metal band is Electric Wizard. Slow, noisy, tar-like music that creeps under your skin and makes you awesome. :)

Oh yes! Forgot to mention it before. I love Electric Wizard and their ridiculously fuzzy sound for reasons unknown.

Me neither. I was pretty surprised to see it mentioned.

Thumbs up for giving a thumbs up to Melvins too!

Although I barely listen to metal anymore since a handful of years ago (you know... you grow and start to listen to softer stuff), my faves back in the 80s-90s were Heaven's Gate, Helloween, Clawfinger, and Bruce Dickinson (not Maiden). Nowadays I still listen to some old-school stuff, but I specially enjoy the solo albums of former metal artists who don't do metal anymore (or at least not so metal-ish), such as Michael Kiske, Matos/Paeth Virgo or Geoff Tate.

megadeth, megadeth megadeth!!!!! countdown to extinction is one of the best albums ever!

i also like tenacious d, black sabbath, motorhead, iron maiden , DETHKLOK, and a buncha other stuff

not that much into metal (more a punk kinda person), but definitely Iron Maiden!!

ii might have said this already but i really want a boss fight with eddie the head, or a boss battle with bono, and u win by shoving a grenade down his stupid throat!

I have discovered a band called "The Absence" and for the past 3 or so months they have continually blown my mind.

Riders of the Plague = melodeath's equivalent to Grim Fandango.

I finally stopped lurking and signed up just to post in this thread....I am not used to running into other people who like the same metal bands as me, though I suppose when it comes to metal I am pretty sheltered from other fans. I have never been a fan of the more typical stuff like metallica or megadeth or judas priest, etc....and especially not anything labeled as "nu-metal"

I am a fan of almost strictly european metal mostly from finland, epic or power metal. I have seen most of the following bands, and have t-shirts for most. No one has ever commented on any of them outside of Motorhead, though one lady once told me "that shirts great, I love DIE-O" when she saw my DIO shirt (has Dios face on it).

Blind Guardian (also Demons and Wizards)

Hammerfall

Ensiferum

Amon Amarth

Helloween (also Gamma Ray...but the keeper of the seven keys are the epitomy of awesome power metal)

Finntroll

Sonata Arctica

Moonsorrow

Stratovarius

Kamelot

Rhapsody

Belphegor (Bondage Goat Zombie especially)

Iron Maiden

Rainbow (first three with Dio)

Sabbath

Dio

Mercyful Fate (also King Diamond)

Motorhead (actually the last 3 albums are my favorites)

Outside of metal I also especially like Jethro Tull and Rush and own almost all their albums on vinyl.

Speaking of The Absence, I had never heard of them until the other day when I saw Amon Amarth, Ensiferum, Belphegor (Lead singer before a song "WE ARE HERE TO DO THE DEVILS WORK!", after the song - "thank you very much I love you, I love you all!")and The Absence all play together.....which was easily the best metal show Ive been to as all the bands were amazing and had top shelf performances. I just saw Finntroll live as well.

The absence really blew me away, but I only managed to catch their last couple songs unfortunately. Definately something to check out.....also they could not have looked more metal, as if they all came tearing through their mothers wombs with giant beards and teeny tiny guitars.

I have discovered a band called "The Absence" and for the past 3 or so months they have continually blown my mind.

Riders of the Plague = melodeath's equivalent to Grim Fandango.

I saw them live last night. I picked up the Riders of the Plague cd at their merch booth, and got it signed by the band.

They were touring with Amon Amarth, my personal favourite right now, and I they put on an awesome show.

I can't believe nobody pushed for the extreme awesomeness of Powerglove or the NESkimos or especially The Black Mages.

Other band are mostly in the power or prog genres, like Symphony X, Tarot, Nightwish, Kamelot, and Black Majesty

And anyone who likes the classic metalness of Judas Priest or Iron Maiden should check out Rage

My favorites are (pushing aside classics that everyone can and has named):

Atheist

Mercyful Fate

Melvins

Death

Carcass

Repulsion

Sleep

High On Fire

Venom

Neurosis

Down

Cynic

Yob

Harvey Milk

Sodom

Skeletonwitch

Stormtroopers Of Death

Suicidal Tendencies

Possessed

Kyuss

And a ton more...

Pharaoh is a great band (nearly cheese less power metal... that is nearly an oxymoron)

Angel dust is also amazing as well as old In Flames and the ever amazing Vader

I can't believe I forgot these bands earlier.

Sign in to follow this