Sign in to follow this  
jicama

Fan-made voice pack?

I understand the budget constraints that led to leaving voice acting out of the game in the first place. What I'm wondering is, would it be feasible to add some code to the speech bubble display routine in the PC port of the game to make voice files play if a user puts them in the appropriate place in the game directory? I imagine that there would be some fans that would be interested in helping to add voice to the game as a mod.

..start a kickstarter haha

i think the voice-lessness is part of the charm of the game for me.

I was looking for the same thing on Google after picking it up. No love so far. It'd be a great project but I have no idea how they'd go about it. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere the only reason it wasn't included was budgetary. They only had $2mil each to make stacking and costume quest according to this article. http://www.giantbomb.com/news/16-million-and-counting/3981/?page=4&sort=first If the fans could step up I'd really welcome it. I love the gameplay mechanics and have a lot of fun playing costume quest, but the game is SO quiet!

I'd happily pay a couple bucks for DLC that included voice acting.

The voiceless nature of the game just works. Sure, voice would be nice, but I doubt you'll find enough financial support to make it happen.

I enjoy it as is, it's very relaxing and charming, and I can read the text via my internal monologue exactly how I believe it would be said.

No voices needed in this game; but I still would have preferred a mumble like in the Banjo Kazooie games.

I don't think voice is needed, but I'd have a lot of fun dubbing some scenes. I do a lot of amateur voice acting, so at some point I might give it a whirl for a challenge:)

I prefer it without a voice but maybe in costume quest 3 [ If there is a costume quest 3] there could be an option to have voice acting or maybe a DLC for voice acting

2 hours ago, Kewl Lemon said:

I prefer it without a voice but maybe in costume quest 3 [ If there is a costume quest 3] there could be an option to have voice acting or maybe a DLC for voice acting

Or perhaps the inverse--if there is voice acting in a Costume Quest 3, then there should be an option to disable it in favor of only the text bubbles.