Sign in to follow this  
loadinglevelone

How far do you think the pledge will go?

How high will the pledge get?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. How high will the pledge get?

• $2 million
    • $2,5 million
    • $3 million
    • $3,5 million
    • $4 million
    • $4,5 million
    • $5 million
    • >5 million

Amazing, we'll reach 3$ million for sure now! I think it will end up 3,5$ or 4$ million in the end (I hope so, they really deserve it).

By no means for sure. Based on the way the spikes and stuff have worked over the last couple of weeks, 3 million is still pretty unlikely. Most likely we'll see an elevated level of pledges for the next few days, then things will settle right back down again. But 2.5 definitely seems achievable.

I hope for 2.7 million. Full Throttle was 2.2 million adjusted for inflation. 500k for documentary, rewards, fees, tax, etc.

Amazing, we'll reach 3$ million for sure now! I think it will end up 3,5$ or 4$ million in the end (I hope so, they really deserve it).

By no means for sure. Based on the way the spikes and stuff have worked over the last couple of weeks, 3 million is still pretty unlikely. Most likely we'll see an elevated level of pledges for the next few days, then things will settle right back down again. But 2.5 definitely seems achievable.

Well I surely have miscalculated, thinking about it now, I was too happy for the news :)

I was counting on possible future updates, also in just 3 hours the project gained 35.000$ and take in count in Europe it's 2AM now, a lot of people will raise their pledge like I did, also we have still 17 days... I think we'll reach 3$ million, but yeah probably not really further than that, even if I really hope "we" do!

I hope for 2.7 million. Full Throttle was 2.2 million adjusted for inflation. 500k for documentary, rewards, fees, tax, etc.

Yeah... the thing is thought that even though it's fun to compare budgets, it's not really possible to do a direct comparison. Aside from inflation there's stuff like different sizes of team to think about... Full Throttle had 10 artists and animators on the team, for example, while it seems like this project will have a larger team than initially anticipated, it seems unlikely it will be a LucasArts-sized team with 10 artists, 6 main programmers, a whole load of people who worked on art/animation in a lesser capacity.

On the flipside, tools have gotten a lot better now. You can do more with fewer people than you could in 1995 because of more efficient software design and tools better suited for the job, to an extent. Also, there's changing wages to think about. Wages won't necessarily be in step with inflation, and I'm not sure how comparable they'll be.

So it's not clear how much money it would cost right now to make a game like Full Throttle with the team at Double Fine. It'll be very interesting to see what this money gets us.

And so the 2.5 million mark has been reached.

Only 4 days left. Can we make it to 3 mill by then?

This was the perfect time to post a reward update. Right before panic mode.

I hope that the extra value they put in the 100 dollar pack will convince some people to pledge extra.

I think you really get a nice deal for your money now, but i also thought that before ;-) .

I hope that the extra value they put in the 100 dollar pack will convince some people to pledge extra.

I think you really get a nice deal for your money now, but i also thought that before ;-) .

Yeah, when I first pledged 100 at the start, it seemed like I was being generous. Now it just seems like a bargain.

Yeah I was in the $100 tier and because of these rewards I'm gonna up my pledge by $20 or $30... I hope others do the same!

HGGGHGGH they are so close to 3 million, i think they will make it for sure!

I was sure that $2.5M was going to be the finish line. I was (happily) incorrect. Go go gadget three million!

It sure did. I pledged $15 on day one, and have upgraded my $15 to over $100 since then. It's a great deal :D

Yeah actually I like that double fine didn't just ask for money, they made paying 100$ feel worth it.

at first I couldn't just spend 100$ but it actually gets you a lot of stuff

3.2 million, calling it.

If they get just over 3.2 million, then double fine get.... just less than 3 million. That would be frustratingly close.

oh man 14,000$ left untill 3 million

15 hours remain, feels like majoras mask except without the moon crushing us all and instead they get money

Looks like my reply got eaten in THE GREAT PURGES. But what I said is that obviously now I am delighted to say that my hypothesis, that perhaps it is 10 times harder to kickstart each successive million appears to have not worked out at all!

Now, I'm an optimist, and until a few days ago I would have said there's no WAY it would hit 3 million. It really did seem implausible back then. Obviously these late-stage updates have helped, but the extent to which things have picked up is really staggering. They've made more in the past few days than they did in a whole couple of weeks before that. Last night they made 60k during the 5 hours of sleep that I got. That's better than I thought they would be doing in my wildest hopes.

And this isn't even counting premium pledges, yet.

Wow.

man how are there so many people donating so much money

im not complaining or anything i just never thought in a million years there were this many awesome people on earth

I think I voted 2 million on this poll when it was posted. Never happier to be wrong.

yeah. I voted 2 million, too. That was before the first update. When I saw how successful the first update was, I wanted to change my vote to 2.5 million, but it wouldn't let me. I still wouldn't have predicted 3 million until about 2 or 3 days ago when apparently everything just went wild.

yeah. I voted 2 million, too. That was before the first update. When I saw how successful the first update was, I wanted to change my vote to 2.5 million, but it wouldn't let me. I still wouldn't have predicted 3 million until about 2 or 3 days ago when apparently everything just went wild.

An hour after this launched I said "Holy shit, this is going to raise a million dollars." A couple days later I said to a friend it'd finish between 2 and 3 million, probably around 2.5. Then is slowed up a lot and I got cynical I guess. Still at no point before a few days ago did I think they'd be able to hit 3 million.

Of course there's fees and expenses to factor out of the budget, not to mention the doc, but it seems like they still have enough of a budget to match the team size of their previous downloadable games + voice + ports, and that's pretty awesome.

An hour after this launched I said "Holy shit, this is going to raise a million dollars." A couple days later I said to a friend it'd finish between 2 and 3 million, probably around 2.5. Then is slowed up a lot and I got cynical I guess. Still at no point before a few days ago did I think they'd be able to hit 3 million.

Of course there's fees and expenses to factor out of the budget, not to mention the doc, but it seems like they still have enough of a budget to match the team size of their previous downloadable games + voice + ports, and that's pretty awesome.

Yeah, a lot of money will go on things that aren't the game.

* Paying 2PP for being there about twice as long as they expected to make the doc (250k?)

* Paying the original soundtrack composer for the doc (who knows? 10, 20k?)

* Fees to amazon and kickstarter (300k?)

* The cost of manufacturing the >10k shirts, posters, boxed copies of the game and doc. (I've no idea how much all that would cost)

* The cost of manufacturing and paying someone to put together the art book. (Depends how long it takes but gotta be substantial)

* The cost of posting all that. (100k?)

I think they could easily need to set aside nearly a million dollars worth of this before they even get to the game budget.

yeah that's why the 3 million is nice it is at because they will probably end up with 2.2 a 2.3 mil for game budget which is about the same as full throttle with inflation correction.

And let's not forget premium pledges. Counting those, we're at 3.14 million at least, already. The way things have been going, it seems not unreasonable to hope for a 3.25 total in 9 hours time. And who knows, there could be more premium pledges than the 'couple of 50k' backers that we know about.