Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fjord

Backstory with Sam & Linda/Pokeylope & Lungfish?

What exactly is going on with these two? The game did a real good job of explaining itself, but the reasons for a talking turtle and lungfish never manifested for me. Can anyone provide any input?

Lol my guess is its because its a very clever and witty game, with tons of weird and wonderful things to make it wittier. The idea of a talking lungfish and a turtle with a voice a-la sugar daddy is great hilarity, i dont necessarily think there is a logical explanation, nor there is a need for one: its just great fun!!

As for the lungfish, im pretty sure the means of its creation are explained fully in the relevant level, if that is what you mean SPOILER (as, it was a simple lungfish, then got mutated by general/Doctor loboto?) END SPOILER, ALTHOUGH EVEN IF YOU DIDNT READ IT YOU PROBABLY STILL WILL SINCE ITS LIKE ONE LINE ABOVE WHAT IS NEXT

As for Mr pokilope, its probably something similar: i recall SPOILER AGAIN brain being taken out to pilot the tank END SPOILER, so it must be some kind of super mutated teenage turtle (although i just think hes got super powers full stop)

Nay, I believe it is safe to assume that at one point they both lived within the lake. Of course, no doubt before Linda's mutation and Mr Pokeylope teaming with Sheegor; thus they may have developed a relationship, with inter species loving thrown in.

Ahaha, this is reminding me of a picture I did of Pokeylope and unmutated Linda X3 Cleekycleeck~ :3

Yeah, I agree with the above. They could've lived in the lake and became kind of psychic sorta with all the psitanium around and such :3

No Masquerade!! Mr Pokilope is PURE, YE HEAR, PUUUUREEE!!

Besides, i know size doesnt matter, but isnt it a big difference...?

Of course, they may of met when the lungfish was still simple. But then, wouldnt it of been too simple for Mr Pokilopes refined tastes? Or lol do you think he took advantage of the simple lungfish??

No Masquerade!! Mr Pokilope is PURE, YE HEAR, PUUUUREEE!!

Besides, i know size doesnt matter, but isnt it a big difference...?

Of course, they may of met when the lungfish was still simple. But then, wouldnt it of been too simple for Mr Pokilopes refined tastes? Or lol do you think he took advantage of the simple lungfish??

They did meet when the lungfish was just simple. If you made it to rank 100, you would probably know.

^-^ that line art is so cute

i am going to have to color it now

...hm or have my class color it for animal week at work

>,< that would be great

"A tear forms in the corner of ones eye" never made it to rank 100...i just couldnt get all those damnable figments of DAMNATION DAMN DAMN THEM!! It was especially the ball course level (you know, brazilian instructors mind and whatnot), that i had great difficulties.

Sign in to follow this