Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dave00dance

Games you would like to see Kickstarted.

Not sure is it something for Kickstart, but I would love to see an deep ocean exploration game.

There is actually an obscure PSOne game called Aquanaut's Holiday that was this exact thing, and it was awesome! None of the sequels ever came out over here, but I would love it if there was a Kickstarter to localize them.

Don't know why I was thinking about this today but I would love to see a true sequel to INTERSTATE 76. Interstate 82 changed all the mechanics and sucked the fun out.

Taurus, gimmie a poem.

Space Quest 7

Space Quest 5 Special Edition HD

Loom Special Edition HD

DOTT 2 (Maniac Mansion 3)

Full Throttle 2

Toonstruck 2

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic II

Mirror’s Edge 2

A new Monkey Island old school in 2D !!!!!

This must sound weird, but I have been waiting for ages for Dungeon Keeper 3....

saw this thread and came in to post exactly that, if not 3, then an HD remake of 1 would suffice.

unfortunately DK is owned by EA, more promising would be a fan funded, fan made HD conversion of DK1 like KeeperFX but better (ie HD textures, HD sprites etc, instead of just increasing the screen area ofr higher resolutions), or fan funding of War for the Overworld (http://warfortheoverworld.com/), the in progress DK fan sequel. edit: just found out that it is no longer a fan sequel, it is being rebranded as a DK inspired game with it's own IP, and WILL be doing a kickstarter in the near future, tell your friends!

* Wizardry 9 (... that's not all japanese!)

* Ultima (... a proper sequel -- but EA owns the rights while 'his Worship', excuse me, Lord British refuses to just go with a spiritual successor^H^H^H only talks about Space mumbojumbo these days, according to twitter).

* Ultima Underworld 3

* Diablo 2.5

* Jagged Alliance (... a proper sequel, not the same game with a new engine)

* Fallout 4 (... like Fallout 1, and not made by Bethesda)

* Gothic 4 (... like Gothic 1 or 2, pls ignore the other game called G4, it never really existed anyway, I refuse to accept it)

* Jedi Knight 3 or 4 (... if Jedi Academy counts)

* Chrono Trigger (... no more excuses or sequels that just pretend to be)

* Dragon Age 2 (... not Hawke - the Game!)

* Lunar 3

* Grandia 4

* Suikoden 6

* Wizardry 9 (... that's not all japanese!)

* Fallout 4 (... like Fallout 1, and not made by Bethesda)

i think Wasteland 2 is as close to that as you're ever going to get.

Gabriel Knight 4

The series is amazing and we left the heroes at an important point in their lives with in-game hints where GK 4 will take place. Too bad the adventure genre went down and the old Sierra is gone. I'm pretty sure it will be funded pretty well if Jane Jensen got the license and promoted it on Kickstarter.

GK4 would be great, but 2.5D style like GK1. I remember the teasers for GK3 where they would release these graphic novel style art and I thought the game would be made using that kind of art. I was very disappointed when it turned out to be a 3D game. It just didn't feel right at the time.

Other great games that I wish to see on Kickstarter:

- The Dig

- Space Quest

- Phantasmagoria

- Tex Murphy sequel to Pandora: Directive (not a prequel like Overseer)

- Another Maniac Mansion game (of course!)

- King's Quest

- A remake of the Blade Runner game (the game was awesome!)

- Chrono Trigger (no sequel needed, just a remake of the game with the original story would be amazing)

This must sound weird, but I have been waiting for ages for Dungeon Keeper 3....

saw this thread and came in to post exactly that, if not 3, then an HD remake of 1 would suffice.

unfortunately DK is owned by EA, more promising would be a fan funded, fan made HD conversion of DK1 like KeeperFX but better (ie HD textures, HD sprites etc, instead of just increasing the screen area ofr higher resolutions), or fan funding of War for the Overworld (http://warfortheoverworld.com/), the in progress DK fan sequel. edit: just found out that it is no longer a fan sequel, it is being rebranded as a DK inspired game with it's own IP, and WILL be doing a kickstarter in the near future, tell your friends!

it turns out they won't be doing Kickstarter because they are a British based developer, and kickstarter only allows US based projects or something. :(

In order of eager pantswetting joy (should it ever happen)

1. Planescape Torment

2. Anachronox

3. Day of the Tentacle

I'd be truly and properly broke if 5% of the titles proposed here were Kickstarted.

On top of many already mentionned, I would add

Syndicate (you know, as in, not a first person shooter)

Neuromancer

Some space adventure based on either the works of Phil K Dick or Azimov, or an awesome, unheard-of, phantasmagoric mix of both

Dr Who

An rpg set in the Lovecraft universe

I'd be truly and properly broke if 5% of the titles proposed here were Kickstarted.

On top of many already mentionned, I would add

Syndicate (you know, as in, not a first person shooter)

Neuromancer

Some space adventure based on either the works of Phil K Dick or Azimov, or an awesome, unheard-of, phantasmagoric mix of both

Dr Who

An rpg set in the Lovecraft universe

there are several Doctor Who games, and there already is a Lovecraft RPG, it's called Call of Cthulhu: The Dark Corners of the Earth, it was on PC and the XBox, and you can get it on steam for pretty cheap

Brutal Legend 2!

Yes, I realize it would be an f'n expensive game in comparison to others on Kickstarter, but I still believe it's possible!

Brutal Legend 2

All of my money, i would drop $100 on it if not more.

The first game is just so awesome.

Dreamfall Chapters. Although Ragnar Tornquist promised to start on it after The Secret World is released.

Brutal Legend 2

All of my money, i would drop $100 on it if not more.

The first game is just so awesome.

A fellow lover of the awesomeness of brutal legend truly a underrated game loved it from start to finish.

The next Zork game. It was announced when Grand Inquisitor came out that there would one more in the series, but that was maybe 15 years ago. this series is such a perfect game. It mixes humor, magic, puzzles, and a huge story. I have a copy of the Encyclopedia of Frobbozica in my bookshelf :) I miss the old days of giant game boxes and huge game manuals.

Sign in to follow this