• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
Cyrus

Random things you'd like to see in the game

I'm actually kind of sick of Nolan North. I still love Uncharted, but there's other actors out there game developers! Come on! I would like Claudia Black and Ben Browder in the game though. It would guarantee that all the Scapers would buy the game.

I certainly would appreciate the occasional sly reference/nod.

...I would also like to see an NPC wearing a shoe on top of their head. :)

I'm actually kind of sick of Nolan North. I still love Uncharted, but there's other actors out there game developers! Come on! I would like Claudia Black and Ben Browder in the game though. It would guarantee that all the Scapers would buy the game.

Better yet: Christopher Walken

Hope the game isn't filled with internet memes. I want the game to be timeless.

20 years later.... "Oh look, some guy making a huge smile for some reason. Okay...."

Hope the game isn't filled with internet memes. I want the game to be timeless.

20 years later.... "Oh look, some guy making a huge smile for some reason. Okay...."

I think Monkey Island is a pretty cool guy. He makes the FIRING MAH LAZOR adn Cool story, bro.

I´ed like the art stile to be "serius".

Do you remember some of these old Lucas Arts games? Monkey Island 1+2, The DIG, The two Indiana Johnes games... they all had a sens of wacky to them (well, except for the dig maybe) but overall their presentation felt very much like a dramatic Movie which only added to the scurrility with all the wacky stuff happening in the script or just simple moments like pickung up a ladder that will just fit your pocket with a nice little animation.

I was kinda let down when the Monkey Island remakes hit and chose a more cartoonish style (not that they were bad remakes by any means, i just did not get what i saw when i was a child plaing the original) and i would like to see a new game honer that more serius style.

Obviously they did a lot of cool cartoonish looking games as well (sam and max, dott). But these days a cartoon look in a fun game is much more common. Why not try something different?

What do you guys think? Do you even feel the way i do about the original games i mentioned? Am i out of my mind? :-p

Definitely agree with a shoe and being able to put it on any characters head.

oh, and a hot dog suit.

EDIT: In lieu of/addition to game credits there should be a Neverhood esque hall of records with all the backers names.

I'd like to see the following things in the game:

1. Pirates

2. Robots

3. Zombies

4. A king (like, that sits on a throne)

5. Time Traveling Ben Franklin (For comic relief)

I think the things on the list above could combine to make this the raddest adventure game ever. I do not, however, want a time traveling John Adams. That guy bums me out.

Do you remember some of these old Lucas Arts games? Monkey Island 1+2, The DIG, The two Indiana Johnes games...

Yeah, these games were humorous and funny (except for the DIG), but with a more serious visual look (particularly Indiana Jones). But as for me, I would've preferred exactly the opposite: using wacky cartoon characters and backgrounds (like Toonstruck, DOTT, CMI, Discworld 2) to convey the more serious, mysterious and perhaps even philosophical concepts. I think writers like Terry Pratchett or Jasper Fforde employ this sort of thing in their novels, and Psychonauts had a touch of this (the game was a lot deeper than it looked). Besides, Zak McKracken had a lot of relation to real life ideas and theories.

Day of the Tentacle was awesome without any celebrity voices at all. A good game doesn't need them. I don't want to hear Eddie Murphy voicing a character, because all I'll hear is Eddie Murphy.

Something relating to real world knowledge. IE you are actually smarter from having played the game without it being *gag* educational. =p

Feathers McGraw walking across the screen in the middle of a conversation by characters, everyone stops and watches him until he disappears off screen and then the conversation continues as if nothing happened.

I like stuff that you can point at and then click on. I'm tired of all these cut rate games that only support pointing. I hope that Double Fine has the moxy nay daring to combine both the noble point and the mighty click into a single game. I think that only time will tell if they are able to pull off such an amazing feat. My hopes rest with you Tim Schafer.

Ormagöden sending you an email.

This man has good ideas, listen to him.

Randomized elements, such as items, puzzles, and maybe even bosses, as well as rewards for playing the game more than once. This can increase the replay value of a game substantially.

A CD by "Green T and the Sushi Splatters" (but of course there's no CD player to be found)

^_^

MR. POKEYLOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PANCAKES

MAX

GREEN/PURPLE TENTACLE

A STACKING DOLL!

2HB!!

BRAIN IN A JAR!

A GRUBBIN!

....BUT MOSTLY MR. POKEYLOPE

<3

MKC

Do you remember some of these old Lucas Arts games? Monkey Island 1+2, The DIG, The two Indiana Johnes games... they all had a sens of wacky to them (well, except for the dig maybe) but overall their presentation felt very much like a dramatic Movie which only added to the scurrility with all the wacky stuff happening in the script or just simple moments like pickung up a ladder that will just fit your pocket with a nice little animation.

I was kinda let down when the Monkey Island remakes hit and chose a more cartoonish style (not that they were bad remakes by any means, i just did not get what i saw when i was a child plaing the original) and i would like to see a new game honer that more serius style.

Obviously they did a lot of cool cartoonish looking games as well (sam and max, dott). But these days a cartoon look in a fun game is much more common. Why not try something different?

What do you guys think? Do you even feel the way i do about the original games i mentioned? Am i out of my mind? :-p

I second that.

somthing that im willing to beat will not be in the game and most pepole dont want.

id like some live fmv(as in real pepole)

like in myst-myst 4

i alwas loved that and even tho you could tell it was a video being able to see the emotion on the face made me so much closer to the charicters.

also it made for great interactions.

I just wouldn't like to see "random things" in the game, just well thought out ones.

A CD by "Green T and the Sushi Splatters" (but of course there's no CD player to be found)

^_^

+1, classic LucasArts-ish red herrings :)

I'd love to see an 80's style music montage. But, remember to always fade out in a montage.

somthing that im willing to beat will not be in the game and most pepole dont want.

id like some live fmv(as in real pepole)

like in myst-myst 4

i alwas loved that and even tho you could tell it was a video being able to see the emotion on the face made me so much closer to the charicters.

I agree most people would probably not want it, but I have always wished for more adventure games to be made in the style of Myst IV, which I think had the most immersive graphical experience of any game. Being able to tap every material in the game... Wow.