• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
Cyrus

Random things you'd like to see in the game

I want a difficulty level setting, CoMI-style. It's clear to me just reading some of the comments on here that there are varying trains of thought when it comes to adventure games on here.

Only way to appease us all- and let's face it, that's exactly what Double Fine are here to do (;))- is to offer varying difficulty levels.

A some psychedelic version of the Cheshire Cat, such as:

i.php?id=6718&size=rlogo

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7QayXA_gJdrT6oONmO6WmoCAHsTphflvTIa6llBiejfq5Aizb

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXyx7FFVPvNGyIwuY022OehIYRkrzBGWPyEKuAsOZIY-EbMzrX

And a mysterious criminal on a red Ferrari (wait, wasn't it in Broken Sword?)

A store that lets you buy and use items from previous Double Fine games.

Psychonauts:

Levitation ball - $50

Bacon - $25

Psycho-portal - $100

Brutal Legend:

Eddie's ax - $666

Clementine (Eddie's guitar) - $1000

The Deuce - $50,000

Costume Quest:

Bucket Pail - $5

Full robot costume - $15

Stacking:

Charlie Blackmore Set (featuring his entire family) - $30

Iron Brigade:

Your own personal Trench - $30,000 (including custom paintjobs and weapons)

I'd like to see the glorious return of those adorable Creepy Treat cards from Costume Quest.

No Memes. That's what I want. No memes. No lie cakes, no arrow in the knee, no nyan cats, no rage faces.

What is the internet's, give to the internet. What is for an adventure game, give to an adventure game.

Marijuana in some form or other, so that when I am high playing the game, I can believe that I had some small effect on the game.

I want to see Chuck the houseplant in this game.

You know I'm right.

i want to see dem evil russians get defeated by the honorable patriotic american master race

I'd love to see some kind of event happen, seemingly without cause, which simply makes no sense whatsoever and appears to defy the laws of physics and sanity.

I like to see memorable game begin..like this Day of the Tentacle intro:

Tim or Ron if you read this!! Can you tell me how long take to do that awesome intro to DOTT and who has done it?

I like to see memorable game begin..like this Day of the Tentacle intro:

Tim or Ron if you read this!! Can you tell me how long take to do that awesome intro to DOTT and who has done it?

Seconded, and cutscenes in general would be great. They seem a great opportunity for the art and animation to really shine. Even brief ones cut into gameplay showing certain actions or events, or closeups during dialog etc, can really bring things to life.

I want to see Chuck the houseplant in this game.

You know I'm right.

This. This is all I want.

- The possibility to have 4 - 5 things to do, in the order that I want

- Hidden Max

- A MAP with so so many different locations

- A clever use of the "inventory combos": to combine objects in original but efficient way

- No Hints icons, all those little drawings (often 2 gears) that say to the player how objects are important and how not; I have to EXPLORE and THINK, not to be taken by my hand through a flowers path ... mmm, what a metaphore o.O

- Recursive puzzles: I enjoy sooo much when I find something during the story, with the implicit feeling that will be helpful in future... and when that happens... "YEAH! FINALLY I HAVE TO USE THAT/ GO THERE ! I'M A GENIUS ! ", with wide movements of my arms to show my happiness :)

- a potato

- a wrench

- great ironic dialogs, where I have only the idea of what the protagonist will say (like in sam and max the first one)

- in case of multiple chars, the possibility to have a specific action to everyone... a bit like the kick of Ben The Polecat, but different for everyone

- I'm Italian, so I have to say "put an Ossobuco", too ;)

A mormon group thingy whatever it's called come to your door and ask you about the afterlife and oyu can make a variety of jokes to get rid of them.

I would love to see a fancy clam one with a mustache, monocle, walking cane and top hat.

A bald female protagonist. Completely hairless - no eyebrows or body hair either.

I'd like to see an online co-op mode where your sidekicks can be played by other gamers instead of the computer AI. They'd have to have special abilities that you don't have so that you can't complete your quest without them. Imagine a team of 4 all adventuring together! You could split up in four mini-quests to each achieve a different puzzle piece and then meet back up to reassemble it to be able to solve the next puzzle. Or all work together on four different aspects of a big puzzle... like pressing four switches at once to get a door open.

I'd like to see something like the Rough Road Fight scenes from Full Throttle.

Maybe cybernetic horses and lightsaber jousting for the SciFi World.

And Insult sword fighting for the medievil world.

I would like to see a particular item have multiple uses...

for example, lets say you find a large key and use it to unlock something...later on you find a skull and when you use the skull on the key, Voilà! You now have a skeleton key!

Use the skeleton key to unlock the skeleton door (or any door/thing to be unlocked). Even better if the key is so big (Secret of Monkey Island earbud big) but it still unlocks the tiniest of locks somehow. Ooooh! Maybe instead of unlocking the little skeleton box, your character pulls out the skeleton key and just uses it to smash the little lock. :P

That, as well as a certain poultry of a rubbery nature with a wheel-like ring in its centre...

Coffee, Lots of Coffee.

And Coffee Mugs...enough so each member of the DF production team has their name on one.