Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
adamsocal

Petition to Double Fine: We want more Iron Brigade DLC!

I have been addicted to this game since it came out last summer. The new DLC is awesome. Give us more! We demand it!

I have been addicted to this game since it came out last summer. The new DLC is awesome. Give us more! We demand it!

(Disclaimer: I know I'm new on this forum, but I'm pretty sure I see a lot more support and enthusiasm here... please permit this newbie, to speak his mind)

I seem to recall Double Fine made 2 million on KickStarter for their next game.

This shows brand loyalty and support for the artistic vision of Double Fine. Bravo, and frankly DF deserves every penny.

But wait! what's this?

Has there ever been a game... as popular as the brand?

ironbanner.png

Double Fine got 2 million.... but, dare I (humble and meekly) suggest, "I wonder how much Iron Brigade DLCs would get".

You know... as much as the next game looks cool... I'll be frank and say I am a supporter of Double Fine, ONLY because of my love for Iron Brigade. It's the only game of theirs I'm familiar with and.... god, how could anything be better than Iron Brigade?

Come on... is there any "Stompy Stompy" game out there that is as "FUN" as IB? more realistic? epic? perhaps... but fun??? really? NO! I didn't think so!! when was the last time, you had to tear the controller from your girl friends clenched fists? ... I mean... because SHE was playing the game? I mean... MAN!! she isn't even a video gamer? what the heck did you do to my gf double fine???

So... I double brigade dare you, post Iron Brigade DLC's on Kick Starter. Let your fan base pave the way! (Is this crazy talk? anyone else here on this forum agree, they would buy DLC's through KickStarter?) :)

trenched1.jpg

I got at least 50 for a kickstarter. 100 if I get free shirt or some extra cool loot. I also got a few buddies who would match that.

Pretty sure it's ultimately up to Microsoft whether or not there is anymore DLC or a sequel.

Then again, a kickstarter fund might be a great way to show that there is actual $$ to be made from such content, given DF's results for their upcoming PC game.

I'd be interested in forking up some dough, upfront, particularly if it meant some sort of pre-order or exclusive bonus in game items.

Most definitely. This game has become my focus as of late as it fit perfectly into what I needed.

Spent years being one of those 'super pro shooter' guys all because I "WAS" paid to play, then I quit but kept the attitude -.-

Screw all that noise! This game being a tower defense (which I've LOVED for a ridiculously long time) it came to be the perfect game to get me away from that while still being able to play a 'serious' game :3

Forking cash now? Yes. Yes I would. I'd like loot >_> but the dlc is needed! :D

EDIT:

Maybe an underwater 'continent' where a secret base starts sending 'waves' that restart the televisions on Earth?

'Missile' weapons that are direct fire artillery (on land and under water) that move slowly but pack a punch?

I echo that which others have said before me. Iron Brigade is a great game. I would love to see some more DLC even if it is only a survival map pack with a couple of preexisting maps turned into survival maps along with some new reward equipment.

If you look at what you get with most of the DLC done by other companies and what they cost vs Iron Brigade its ridiculous. You get a couple of maps, a new zombie and gun or two and you are charged as much as the entire Iron Brigade game cost. I still can't believe Martian Bear was only 5 bucks.

Anyway, I would definitely have money for any new Iron Brigade stuff that came out.

To be honest, as great a game as IB is, I don't think a DLC kickstart for it would generate nearly as much money as their last kickstart venture BUT since DLC is much easier and less expensive to produce than a whole new game I think it would still be highly viable.

Other than what others have already said. Im even willing to pay a monthly subscription for this game.

Ive seen most of Doublefine games but IB is the only one I really like (sorry no offense).

Its like the only thing I turn on my XBox 360 for these days. (I have tons of collector edition games I dont even touch!)

Pls for the love of god give us more! More Trench and marine customization that are just for looks please! ( I want face paint!)

I would love to see more DLC but where does the Kickstarter thing end? KickStarter Project: Have Tim eat this pine cone! or KickStarter Project: Get Tim a sandwich? The Kickstart experiment was successful but I doubt they are going to just be a publicly funded company.

I would love to see more DLC but where does the Kickstarter thing end? KickStarter Project: Have Tim eat this pine cone! or KickStarter Project: Get Tim a sandwich? The Kickstart experiment was successful but I doubt they are going to just be a publicly funded company.

Agreed. And if that were the case, then they should just go public, and allow me to buy stock in their company. Once or twice is one thing, but even though I love the things they do, I would start to get irritated if it became their new default business model. At some point, I'm going to start wanting a return on investment.

Agreed. And if that were the case, then they should just go public, and allow me to buy stock in their company. Once or twice is one thing, but even though I love the things they do, I would start to get irritated if it became their new default business model. At some point, I'm going to start wanting a return on investment.

Not sure I see it that way... Considering, in the example of DFA, the asking price for a pre-order of the game is only $15, someone can participate in this model and simply be getting a good value-for-money purchase. The only real investment is our trust in the company to make something we like. When we voluntarily offer more, we do so not only to show our support, but with the acceptance of whatever reward tier we occupy as fair exchange for our money. Wanting a return beyond that seems a bit like expecting a free meal because of how much you spent on the wine.

Not sure I see it that way... Considering, in the example of DFA, the asking price for a pre-order of the game is only $15, someone can participate in this model and simply be getting a good value-for-money purchase. The only real investment is our trust in the company to make something we like. When we voluntarily offer more, we do so not only to show our support, but with the acceptance of whatever reward tier we occupy as fair exchange for our money. Wanting a return beyond that seems a bit like expecting a free meal because of how much you spent on the wine.

That was well composed. Full credits.

I wish I could have said that better. Instead, if you don't mind, I'll back up your post. :)

Nice!!

That is a valid point. However, what we are seeing with the Kickstarter Project at the moment is basically called the band wagon effect, as in "Here is someone trying something new and risky. I want to be a part of it!" If Double Fine continues to use Kickstarter public opinion will wane. It will no longer be new nor exciting, and the media, which at the moment is positive, will begin to say "Now they are just taking advantage." I believe that the people at DF don't want that branded on their company.

That been said I would pay to see Tim Schafer eat a pine cone.

Slightly off topic from the kickstarter discussion, how much does it cost (roughly guessed) to develop some DLC for a game? Taking Martian bear for example, what new stuff did they put in:

- 5 new campaign Levels: Swamp, Mars Landing, Settlement, Foundry and Cathedral

- 2 new survival maps: Swamp and Settlement (Same maps as campaign obv. but just a tweek in enemy waves to cater for 1-100)

- 35 new weapons

- 6 new chassis'

- 15 new emplacements

- 10 new hats

- 7 new outfits

- 13 new paint jobs

It's pretty hefty considering most other DLC. So considering concept sketches, 3D models and texturing, sound effects, programming, staff wages etc etc. how much would it all cost?

Slightly off topic from the kickstarter discussion, how much does it cost (roughly guessed) to develop some DLC for a game? Taking Martian bear for example, what new stuff did they put in:

- 2 new survival maps: Swamp and Settlement (Same maps as campaign obv. but just a tweek in enemy waves to cater for 1-100)

- 35 new weapons

- 6 new chassis'

- 15 new emplacements

- 10 new hats

- 7 new outfits

- 13 new paint jobs

It's pretty hefty considering most other DLC. So considering concept sketches, 3D models and texturing, sound effects, programming, staff wages etc etc. how much would it all cost?

I'd be interested in this.

- 35 new weapons

- 6 new chassis'

- 15 new emplacements

- 10 new hats

- 7 new outfits

- 13 new paint jobs

How dare you go off topic from my off topic conversation!

Anyway I would make a ball park guess of somewhere between $150 and $100,000,000. (I'm not too good at baseball)

More DLC would surely be nice, but I would love it even more if we'd get a PC port, so that I could use my steering wheel/pedals combo as an input device for the trenches. Awesomeness!!

More DLC would surely be nice, but I would love it even more if we'd get a PC port, so that I could use my steering wheel/pedals combo as an input device for the trenches. Awesomeness!!

Gawd.. thats...very... tempting... wait you can play using a steering wheel on the 360 too :P

That is a great idea.

I don't want to fall off topic...

KickStart & DLCs? = I'm all for it!

Quoted from: Request more Iron Brigade DLC and pathces… and maybe a server upgrade to XBOX.come here!!!

I logged a support request and found out the best way to request more IB DLC is through the “feedback” link at the bottom of xbox.com…

http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Xbox.com/Feedback.aspx?formID=43&UrlReferrer=http://www.xbox.com/en-US/

If this is true, it might be a "free" place to start.

Tell your friends, family, relatives, schoolmates and even your dog. Click the link above and say "I love Double Fine, I love Iron Brigade, please give us more Downloadable content. I'm already saving money for it."

I have a suggestion. They need us to make several new weapon designs and we post them to HQ where they will have new ideas for IRON BRIGADE 2 (which should be set in 1939-1945)

Untitled ib.jpg

578d0063ea524_Untitledib.jpg.7b743cde785

I have a suggestion. They need us to make several new weapon designs and we post them to HQ where they will have new ideas for IRON BRIGADE 2 (which should be set in 1939-1945)

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/5943/

Got ya covered :P

Quoted from: Request more Iron Brigade DLC and pathces… and maybe a server upgrade to XBOX.come here!!!

I logged a support request and found out the best way to request more IB DLC is through the “feedback” link at the bottom of xbox.com…

http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Xbox.com/Feedback.aspx?formID=43&UrlReferrer=http://www.xbox.com/en-US/

If this is true, it might be a "free" place to start.

Tell your friends, family, relatives, schoolmates and even your dog. Click the link above and say "I love Double Fine, I love Iron Brigade, please give us more Downloadable content. I'm already saving money for it."

If everyone makes the feedback page their homepage in their browser and leaves a comment for iron brigade stuffs before they do what they wanted to do in their browser then we might have a shot (mmmmaaaaayyyybee???). the kickstarter thing has been brought up quite a few times but i don't think any official response has returned on that one..which is boggling considering the money would flow and then df could bribe ms and we can see something new in IB finally. ironic that licensing and money is such an issue considering how deep ms pockets are, technically. i used to check the weather every time i opened my browser...now i'm gonna politely harass ms...and its prolly best to be polite about it considering what the club of rome is capable of. i should just use that phrase that summarizes everything short n' sweet.

I made the support site my homepage and must have told MS 'I love Double Fine. I love Iron Brigade. I want more Downloadable Content.' (with the occasional substitution of exclamation point here n' there for a period) at least 50 times by now. I hope other ppl are doing this too. This may be the only way we'll ever actually get another DLC. Idk why Double Fine doesn't just do the kickstarter thing (which has been brought up so many times) for it and throw monies at MS. Everybody has a price especially a corp like MS, one would think. Such as if some insanely wealthy insane person had a random stranger kidnapped and transported to an unknown location...where there was...lets say....40 million dollars on a table...and a hammer..and 3 babies in a box next to the hammer... and u get the monies if you hammer the babies... Everyone would like to say they wouldn't hammer the babies...but 40 MILLION DOLLARS for doing something terrible and only ye would know the monies' origin...you could say 'I won the lottery' and buy some therapy later...you could help a lot of ppl w/ 40 million...or no one...idk...

Sign in to follow this