Sign in to follow this  
saintjuste33

An Are-you-planning-to-increase-your-pledge-on-the-last-day poll.

So now that we are approaching the end of the kickstarter project, what are your plans for the last day?

I'm pretty sure I'll increase my pledge to grab one of those pretty old school game boxes.

My opinion is that if you intend to increase the pledge might as well do it before the end. Why risk a site overload, internet connection problem, blackout or whatever?

I'll take the risk, I think there will be a lot of traffic in the last hour or right before it ends but not 24h before.

By the way, does anybody know the exact time the kickstarter will end?

Already upped to the most I felt I could afford early on. I'd give a lot more if I could. I'm not sure I see a reason to wait until the last day, either, unless you're waiting to see if there will be new rewards or something.

Quite the contrary I'm thinking about decreasing my pledge from 250$ back to 110$...

Just pledged the 250$ because out of a sudden there was an empty slot and I was all like "omg!omg!"...

But since then I'm thinking that this is way more than I really should afford... :-/

But if my "rational-self" will winning over my "geek-self", I will decrease my pledge in the next days and not on the last day, so that there is plenty time for others to catch the 250$-pledge...

Quite the contrary I'm thinking about decreasing my pledge from 250$ back to 110$...

Just pledged the 250$ because out of a sudden there was an empty slot and I was all like "omg!omg!"...

But since then I'm thinking that this is way more than I really should afford... :-/

But if my "rational-self" will winning over my "geek-self", I will decrease my pledge in the next days and not on the last day, so that there is plenty time for others to catch the 250$-pledge...

Huh. Even though there's time for others to pick up on it, I still think it's a leeeeettle bit selfish to sit on a $250 slot you're not entirely serious about. I'd say either get serious or let go of it now.

Huh. Even though there's time for others to pick up on it, I still think it's a leeeeettle bit selfish to sit on a $250 slot you're not entirely serious about. I'd say either get serious or let go of it now.

Think so? I can't see that...

I am interested in the reward, I could afford it without starving and there was not much time to make a decision, so I pledged...

Now that I slept on it I think maybe(!) 110$ is enough and the other 140$ are better spend on something else (my fiancee would totally agree about that I guess.. In fact I think she won't be happy about the 110$ either :-) ).

So, when I reach a decision (maybe today, maybe tomorrow. I will not put that back until just a few hours are remaining, that would be selfish in my opinion) I will either keep my 250$-reward and be happy or go back to the 110$-reward and also be happy and the "250$-reward-gap" will be filled in no-time...

I think that's the whole point behind the "manage your pledge"-system on kickstarter, isn't it?

Think so? I can't see that...

I am interested in the reward, I could afford it without starving and there was not much time to make a decision, so I pledged...

Now that I slept on it I think maybe(!) 110$ is enough and the other 140$ are better spend on something else (my fiancee would totally agree about that I guess.. In fact I think she won't be happy about the 110$ either :-) ).

So, when I reach a decision (maybe today, maybe tomorrow. I will not put that back until just a few hours are remaining, that would be selfish in my opinion) I will either keep my 250$-reward and be happy or go back to the 110$-reward and also be happy and the "250$-reward-gap" will be filled in no-time...

I think that's the whole point behind the "manage your pledge"-system on kickstarter, isn't it?

Oh, I'm not saying you're a monster or anything. But it's been shown in this case that there's lots of demand for those $250 slots, and if I was hoping to grab one I'd be a little annoyed if I knew someone was sitting on one and only half-intending to follow-through.

If I could afford it, I would definitely have upped my pledge to the 500.00 level. I just can't, though. So, I'm leaving it at the 100.00 level.

Oh, I'm not saying you're a monster or anything. But it's been shown in this case that there's lots of demand for those $250 slots, and if I was hoping to grab one I'd be a little annoyed if I knew someone was sitting on one and only half-intending to follow-through.

If you were hoping to grab one, shouldn't you hope that (and be happy if) someone with a 250$-slot changes his mind?

If you were hoping to grab one, shouldn't you hope that (and be happy if) someone with a 250$-slot changes his mind?

I suppose. But it'd still be annoying if I seriously intended to pay 250 for the poster but people less serious than me were taking up the slots. Again, not a big deal, I'm just saying I can understand how this might annoy people who would be 100% committed to paying $250 right now, that there's someone taking up a slot who kinda wants to pay $250, but might end up going back on it, but maybe not.

Come on, there's no half way about that. Either he'll remain at that $250 slot, in which case he has as much right to it as you, or he'll leave it, in which case it will be free for the taking (possibly to be taken by someone other than you). Either way you haven't lost any particular right to that slot.

I've been having troubles with my work not paying me, and having to, daily, make all kinds of phone calls/get sent in circles by corporate. What terrible timing to not be paid in over a month! But I still hold out hope that it'll get worked out, and I'll be paid within the week... in which case I will ABSOLUTELY raise my pledge! And, you know, pay my bills.