Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
epicfool69

awesome ideas that i have seen...

Ever wish you could be in two places at once? I hear lots of people say "if it was just me x 3, we'd get to 100 every time!"

How about a "clone" turret? It wouldn't be able to throw emplacements of course, but if you had a decent weapon loadout, imagine the possibilities? Need more carpet bombers? You can never have enough carpet bombers! Ripper Karlson? How about 12 Rippers instead of just 6? Too overpowered? Maybe it's like the Settlement distractors and only lasts one or two waves max or until the tubes take it out, whichever comes first?

I like that! a "Clone" turret. That's an interesting idea :)

Also feeling a bit high on caffeine this morning... got to thinking...

New Chassis:

Fully preconfigured Trench:

"A predesigned trench layout" - based on the more popular trench layouts, or least popular layouts.

The "Breaker Smasher" Layout:

.: Smashing quad legs (+causes explosive)

.: WoodRuff Core

.: 1 Artillery requirement (Left side)

.: 2 Machine gun requirement (Right side)

The only thing that could be changed, would be which "Artillery" or which "Machine Gun"

Also, because this is a preconfigured layout, the core and legs could be further cosmetically modified, to appear... um.... "soul mated" together. The legs and core would be redesigned.... to "Look" recognizably better (even better) than the regular core/leg combo.

The "Privateer" Layout:

.: Stunning quad legs

.: Honey Church core

.: No slot (Left side)

.: 1 Shotgun requirement (Right side)

.: 1 emplacement is converted to "grey-emplacement" meaning: = "Any type". (Utility/LightTurret/HeavyTurret)

The trench would be cosmetically enhanced, to promote a "soul mated" appearance.

The "Little Tim" Layout:

.: Bipedal (Gains +Quickload / Looses -Sprint)

.: Karlson

.: 2 Grenade Launchers requirement (Right side)

.: 2 Grenade Launchers requirement (left side)

The trench would be cosmetically enhanced, to promote a "soul mated" appearance.

Random stuff~

We have a 'godly' mid range weapon right? The Fiesta with it's 200 range.

Now when it comes to long range we ALSO have a 'godly' weapon, though I find it slightly less so, it still has the ability to be more powerful than the fiesta. The Albert, with 1000 range and Pierce+.

Now think for a second, in true close range (75 range~) we have nothing worth using. Sod Off tried but failed.

We need a shotgun 75~ range, most likely no slug, but not the immense dispertion of shot that the sod off has (It's a 50 range type :/ ). A tighter cone, and a dps that far outshines the fiesta so we have a reason to consider it.

A weapon configuration that is more meant for bosses, but with enough extra 'ooomph' to not be ignored like the sub-par sod-off. 150 dps sound legit?

At 75 range, with regular shot or refined cone, this shotgun would be an IMMENSE help to close quarters while being worthless (or at the very most a one shot wonder) on volty.

It would make a nice weapon for engineers while being a bit niche with the range, a 6 weapon loadout of this would be the endall for jakob control or boss dropping but would make the assault a LOT less helpful vs volty, possibly evened out by the possibility of one/two shots on volty say on settlement- This configuration would put a LOT less damage down than a fiesta build but due to other strengths the defense would need a little less in the way of mines/etc. More snipers would help in late game and the couple shots would still prevent the first few volty from hitting the base.

Thoughts on epic close range weapon? A true shotgun instead of immense mid - range powerhouse?

Random stuff~

We have a 'godly' mid range weapon right? The Fiesta with it's 200 range.

Now when it comes to long range we ALSO have a 'godly' weapon, though I find it slightly less so, it still has the ability to be more powerful than the fiesta. The Albert, with 1000 range and Pierce+.

Now think for a second, in true close range (75 range~) we have nothing worth using. Sod Off tried but failed.

We need a shotgun 75~ range, most likely no slug, but not the immense dispertion of shot that the sod off has (It's a 50 range type :/ ). A tighter cone, and a dps that far outshines the fiesta so we have a reason to consider it.

A weapon configuration that is more meant for bosses, but with enough extra 'ooomph' to not be ignored like the sub-par sod-off. 150 dps sound legit?

At 75 range, with regular shot or refined cone, this shotgun would be an IMMENSE help to close quarters while being worthless (or at the very most a one shot wonder) on volty.

It would make a nice weapon for engineers while being a bit niche with the range, a 6 weapon loadout of this would be the endall for jakob control or boss dropping but would make the assault a LOT less helpful vs volty, possibly evened out by the possibility of one/two shots on volty say on settlement- This configuration would put a LOT less damage down than a fiesta build but due to other strengths the defense would need a little less in the way of mines/etc. More snipers would help in late game and the couple shots would still prevent the first few volty from hitting the base.

Thoughts on epic close range weapon? A true shotgun instead of immense mid - range powerhouse?

Epic close range damage? Melee.

Basically, but for the sake of simplicity adding a whole new weapon type seems more out there than simply adding another shotgun.

Though since none of this is ever likely anyway, of course. Melee.

They add new weapon types all the time (and by "all the time" I mean "twice")...they just mash 'em in with other categories.

Examples:

Laser turrets aren't really sniper emplacements.

Laser weapons aren't really broadcasters.

Barrel Generators aren't really mines in the traditional sense.

Muerta Fiestas aren't really shotguns (they're six shooters).

Hole Punchers aren't really shotguns (they should really be in the grenade launcher category)

I could see them adding something like a flamethrower into the broadcaster category. Maybe adding a shotgun with a bayonet/knife attachment? Dealing EXTREME damage, but requiring you to stab a tube before you can get a shot off. Haha. I don't know.

Anything new at all would be perfectly fine to me :)

Now that does work *shakes head* I didn't think on that as I was thinking of the absurdity of another tab of weapon types listed as melee x3

Yeah, rosie/hole puncher are more mini-grenade launchers than shotgun and all the rest ya mentioned X3

GOD YES. NEW THINGS PWEEZE ;~;

i recently started a twitter account just to follow doublefine(stalk) i heard you hear more on up to date news on there but we shall see they seem to be focused on the DFA more then anything but it doesnt take much to make a already made map in to a 100 wave survival......does it? and some random clothes maybe a weapon or 2

i recently started a twitter account just to follow doublefine(stalk) i heard you hear more on up to date news on there but we shall see they seem to be focused on the DFA more then anything but it doesnt take much to make a already made map in to a 100 wave survival......does it? and some random clothes maybe a weapon or 2

Here here. Seems like all the maps are superb candidates for Survival.

Epic close range damage? Melee.

BaddestEver mentioned "Melee" and you know... that would make things interesting.

3 Slot weapon:

- Giant SawBlade

- Giant Chainsaw

- Giant Cone-Drill

Attacks only one tube at a time and at close range. Massive unparalleled DPS.

It would also sound really funny! and it could be painted in funny danger stripes..... I suppose like this:

tater-concept12a-bg.jpg

True or not, I feel revived just a tad after hearing the 'news' of another DLC :D So more random ideas~

~ Give me my press hat. ಠ_ರೃ Ya don't have to make it public or unlockable or anything.... just gimme ಠ_ರೃ

~ I repeat an idea from a long while back- Let us make the next DLC's location Europa, specifically under the ice in an underwater based war against the tubes

~ Along with this I repeat my idea for missile weaponry- Direct fire artillery.

~ Weird new chassis such as a stealth chassis that cannot be injured and is ignored completely, a 'turret' chassis that is targetted by Bursts/knobs.

~ Mustache 'hat'. I would love a novelty giant replica mustache/beard to match Farnsworth's for completing the next DLC. Salute = raising each arm in his signature speech pose (outward and up).

~ An electrical shocking stomp with medium range. Something that would allow one player to hold a small group of enemies in place as long as he continuously stomped, meaning no fire power being put down but a lot of hold possible.

~ Most likely game breaking but I'll post anyway because *shrugs* - a continuous fire tripod leg. Quickload ++ so to speak in that you are always reloaded and can fire instantly no matter what weaponry is loaded. Instantly fills mind with thoughts of 'fire as fast as you can pull the trigger artillery' but put the smallest delay ever or incorporate an actual fire rate for one shot weapons such as gungnir or Mr. Pancakes and that's fixed. As for dps game breaking that's more for you to look at and decide whether this is possible or not.

~ Mine layers. We have the god awful barrel launcher, why not actual mine layers for the trench? I think Chromehounds, but whatever style ya want- Could fire in grenade launcher style a single massive mine (massive as in size, not the actual massive mines we currently have) Damage scaled to make it semi-worth it. Or could fire a small batch of mines.

~ Mortar friendly maps. Something with a ridge that sees a lot of action, maybe two/three spawns converge in one area on their way to the base. Something that would warrant bringing mortars.

~ Shock Field. Area of effect shock that isn't that dang shock cannon.

~ The Home Run - A grenade launcher that fires a single grenade (4 grenade clip) said grenade homes in on enemy, then bounces off with an explosion to another, then bounces off with an explosion to another, then either stops there or repeats once more. Against one enemy it would simply hit then fall to the ground exploding twice/three more times, but with multiple enemies it will abuse magnet+ to hit until it's been depleted.

~ No camo sniper please. I beg of thee. Someone mentioned this idea to me and I suspect you'd never do something so awful but I say this anyway :)

~ Repeat - Deploy Turret legs. Tripod legs that when deployed pop out one/two/three (depending on chassis type) turrets. Turrets could be a uniform design that is stronger than traditional machine guns, or could be dependent on the leg if more than one 'turret leg' is made (A shotgun one that boasts immense DPS but cannot hit aerials and lacks range, machine gun, flak maybe? I would say stay with greens to keep it 'uber greens' instead of some super version of the already amazing orange turrets!)

~ Spiked boots - New hot pants that does some decent damage, going with that some smashers that are useful (such as the shock one I mentioned above that isn't as bad as the already stun producing smashers we have)

~ An investment system - Something to make old weapons better. Many ideas mentioned, including a long one from me earlier in the forum, but to say it simply and without any complications my idea might have added - something to boost the raw power of guns through 'investment'. Maybe each tier of upgrade cost more and more until the weapon is on par with the 'new' weapons, whatever that is for y'all.

~ Dragon headed fire breath flamethrower.

~ Wheeled legs. Speed is at or just above Sprint + at all times but turning is less responsive, give the gift of fire on the run (shooting while sprinting) but at a cost! :D

~ Circuit Fryer - Sniper similar to Carpet Bomber in that it reprograms those it hits to target players instead of anything else.

~ Sandbox mode. Free reign to spawn what we want and infinite scrap. Crash the game/test locations whatever.

~ Halftime scrap wave! Wave in which Helicopters spawn everywhere loaded with loot boxes but must be shot to 'cut the chain' that holds the crate! Boxes will be chance based on either being loaded with scrap or a normal loot box.

~ Ridiculous - Some form of 'rpg' percent bonus that can be invested in over time, making your character unique in something such as having 5% faster reload or whatever.

~ GIVE HATS ABILITIES. (repeat - Give hats abilities such as 5% reload speed or 5% less scrap cost)

~ Utility turret that increases damage of all turrets on map by 1%. Repair crane size/cost. Would lead to a block of the map that is filled with these, a balance between these and actual turrets would have to be met as 1% is not a huge bonus. Normal games would end up with 10~ of them so 10% bonus damage on every turret.

~ Mohawk rainbow

More to come.

Rocket launchers and flame throwers would be great, artillery needs to be useful. I also would like new shock mines. One more thing, lasers that are actually good. Think heavy laser with a dps of 120 and youre there.

Having 40 dpsps with pierce is something. Less range than Albert so the increase in power is warranted, more range than perforators so it completely overshadows them....

Kills perfs, not sure then... but it'd be a new weapon likely in a new tier soo *shrugs*

Now that's a winner. Definitely like that a lot x3 but I still think each 100 deserves its own reward, CHARACTERS (repeat) or something small and 'disappointing' like that (disappointing in the traditional way, amazing and sought after/adored because of what ya do to get em x3)

An auditory salute? Pull trigger and utter phrase? Would give those bored something to annoy themselves with as they tap the button as fast as they can x3

Lamp-shade hat. Who doesn't want to be 'that guy' at the party?

Repeat - minigames on the ship such as rock paper scissors / patty cake (quick time) / thumb wars (button mash) Tie a loot to each one (NO ACHIEVEMENTS as I fear at some point some fuck with a modded controller will refuse to let people get said chieve, losing a loot is annoying but less hurtful (and I suspect we will all help newbies with a quick win on each for the loot :P )

Fortification gun - Artillery that shoots destructible walls (think hospital, the brick walls that can be shot down) The walls/shell will hit the ground and build itself up, tubes tear them down fairly quickly/walk around them.

Sandbag launcher - A weapon that is MEANT to push back tubes. Ya know how the barrel launcher can throw tubes away? This would be MEANT to do that as it throws low damage giant sandbags at the enemies "Thanks to the invention of the mobile trench we have less and less need for more trench material such as sandbags seeing how one trench can follow a marine instead of miles of trench being required. So we got creative marine."

Flak-tillery - An artillery round that is extremely nimble (magnet) and when it hits aerials it bursts into flak rounds (slightly unique explosion with Flak ++ damage)

An engineer 'weapon' that either lowers cost for turrets/upgrades or generates scrap without firing (A generator, not a weapon). One slot, either engineer specific or generating less than .8 scrap a second to keep rippers viable on bigger trenches, possibly .5 scrap as it is a constant instead of requiring firing (possibly make it require firing as a mini broadcaster, generates scrap until it recharges)

Balance the new three slot weapons with the new one slot weapons please. I don't completely hate how overpowered the Fiesta is, but the fact that we went from having a half decent balance that said one slot is okay, two is nice, and three is awesome - to having one slots that kill everything, two slots that are nice, and not a single good three slot weapon - is a bit bad.

I really REALLY don't want the new artillery to be the end all of killing, but at the same time three slots are sorta made to be that way and the last DLC killed it.

New Flipper - just make sure to give it max slow and deathsplosion and I'll be happy x3 Broadcasters suck but I do enjoy it anyway :P

Monocle. Extra points for taunt being raising his pinkie extra high or curling mustache.

New super flak weapon. Don't know how, what, or why, but something that outdoes the immense damage a fiesta throws on volty and can sweep a group of aerials like a joke. Aerials are already weak and our only threat is volty, but something refined for volty behind current needs.

thats cool but i think some are just crazy........ but i would love to see others

Very specific of ya :P but while older threads were focused on realistic ideas, this is a sorta dump of anything as in truth anything could be possible *shrugs* though yes. Some are ridiculous, game changing (as in turning a mech game to a shooter or something weirdly stupid like that), broken, or just, in my opinion, stupid.

~ Medals for beating 100 on each map, just something that's tacked on your character no matter what outfit they wear (bronze for hospital, silver swamp, gold settlement?)

Seeing as there is now actually hope I put some thought into it and it's possible uses. What is "it" one may ask? None other that the Great and Powerful Party Cannon!

The Great and Powerful Party Cannon- Main shell: 100DMG, MIRV++, Cluster++, Shock+++++++(an exaggeration better explained in my description); Each Bomblet has 50DMG, Magnet++, and Shock+++++++.

The G&PPC; would be a very low damage weapon. However, the shock would be at around twice as long as any other shocking effect. With it shocking the crap out of everything and the bomblets chasing enemies to shock them it would be an great aid for the powerhouse that is running 6 fiestas. Especially if the main shell could cluster as much as Ursula and everything hit by the explosion gets shocked.

Obviously every explosion would be like the fireworks on Settlement and the Bomblets would be either balloons or streamers. All tubes coming to this party can't help but dance for a few minutes. The Great and Powerful Party Cannon, never leave home without it.

Seeing as there is now actually hope I put some thought into it and it's possible uses. What is "it" one may ask? None other that the Great and Powerful Party Cannon!

The Great and Powerful Party Cannon- Main shell: 100DMG, MIRV++, Cluster++, Shock+++++++(an exaggeration better explained in my description); Each Bomblet has 50DMG, Magnet++, and Shock+++++++.

The G&PPC; would be a very low damage weapon. However, the shock would be at around twice as long as any other shocking effect. With it shocking the crap out of everything and the bomblets chasing enemies to shock them it would be an great aid for the powerhouse that is running 6 fiestas. Especially if the main shell could cluster as much as Ursula and everything hit by the explosion gets shocked.

Obviously every explosion would be like the fireworks on Settlement and the Bomblets would be either balloons or streamers. All tubes coming to this party can't help but dance for a few minutes. The Great and Powerful Party Cannon, never leave home without it.

The video is a nice touch :)

That would be pretty. You know, that's just the sort of thing that IB has.... (despite it's all serious colour palate and textures) it really is a blast to play. Literally.

One key thing I'd like is more semi-expensive clothing items, weapons maybe.

My point being that the 2 million white tux was something to work towards. But AFTER ya bought it you were right back to having too much money and nothing to buy. It's not something we need, but having things to work towards OTHER than 'wave 100, 100%' is always nice.

^ dat 1 rite dare

OH and getting some paper from survival would be great as well. Missions bore the crap out of me

^ dat 1 rite dare

OH and getting some paper from survival would be great as well. Missions bore the crap out of me

Replaying beach ftw xD

Yes. Ya already make a lot of money from the items you get out of survival (selling extra) but getting paid per wave ALONG with that would be so perfect.

To make it feel like you aren't overloading us with money since we are all so amazing (*bows* We really are~) you can just pump up the prices to... BILLIONS?

too much but ya get it. Make more than just one 'white tux item' and make em a tad expensive :)

The pineapple launcher-

A 'no effect' (which is actually an effect) artillery with immense damage. The 'no-effect' ability causes the projectile (an actual pineapple = extra points :D) to NOT explode upon impact but to cause an immense damage scaled to newest DLC amounts. Something around today's 120-130 dpsps I suppose, maybe up to 150-200 even considering the skill required to nail a volty etc.

FerroMagnetic Hurlant is three slots. Artillery Plus Collector = nice.

New Weapon idea:

How about a 2 slot version, in the form of a grenade launcher?

Gives the player one more choice to replace a Impeccable Collector with a weapon mounted version.

The 2 slot grenade launcher, might have 4 shots, balancing out with less damage per shot.

The only issue I can think on that is the range- if you can use a grenade on it then you can just take the 2 steps and collect it yourself (not to mention I found the ability useless as it's collection range was crap- its use wasn't used often as you waste damage to collect scrap- and collections are used on any serious run meaning no weapon can out do them so bringing one that tries to is useless)

I dunno *shrugs* :3

Dematerializer. This idea is stupid but makes me smile x3 A shotgun that does no damage- instead it kills anything it hits n amount of times (n being the wave number)

Making it overpowered as crap for early waves and weaker for late waves. Loading with 6 could even it out slightly- still 10 shots for wave 60.

It would really only come into being against boss characters but even then this sounds stupid xD I love random ideas x3

The only issue I can think on that is the range- if you can use a grenade on it then you can just take the 2 steps and collect it yourself (not to mention I found the ability useless as it's collection range was crap- its use wasn't used often as you waste damage to collect scrap-

Hmmmm, that's true.

I was imagining something like an instant dragnet for scrap. But... ya, as you say... why not go collect it yourself.

I suppose...

The only case this would work, might be with squatting tripod legs, where getting up to walk, hinders the desired effect. In that case, well ya I would use it. So... I suppose it would be a very specialized weapon.... for a specific job, and with specific legs in mind. Overspecialization? well that's a question only Double Fine can truly answer. Actually, they have made several and I like those kind of weapons. Makes things interesting.

If DF does use the idea, they might see the same issue you mentioned, and simply increase the range of the weapon to make it more useful.

Just an idea.

Quad legs that wont move you if you don't press the "A" button. The benefit is that you can move as fast as you want and still turn and shoot. The drawback (and it is a doozy) is that you have to keep tapping "A". The idea came to me while watching Pinkie Pie marching during the Smile song. My Little Muse: Insanity is Magic!

What do you think too much of a doozy? I am thinking that holding the button would move the trench but very slowly, maybe slightly less than the speed of a Karlson in fortify legs (not deployed obviously). However think "I need help at orange." and you are on the other side of the map but if you adjust your grip and tap like a mad man you make it over there in 2 or three seconds. Not moving without pushing "A" would get some getting used to though.

Make old turrets... cheaper.

Just a thought.

We where playing Volcano the other day, and I kept thinking that after all this time of collecting more and more powerful turrets, that I still don't have enough scrap to properly "decorate" the base with turrets, like I want to.

Hmmm... but what if the older turrets no longer required as much scrap? what if the turret cost was a sliding scale downward?

Why?

Hey! there are some gorgeous shotgun turrets that I'd love to decorate with. Every base has a different need for decor... some bases might look better with Laser Turrets.... some perfectly balanced and symmetrical. Pretty.

It doesn't just have to be "JUST" functional does it?

Am I nuts?

Sign in to follow this