Sign in to follow this  
saintjuste33

Stacking arrived on Steam!

just bought it, I'm getting some graphical issues

it just looks very weird with some weird clipping and issues with models

running an amd 6850 with 12.1 drivers , on windows 7 32bit

Motus, are you forcing MSAA on through your driver? If so, please disable it. That'll cause issues w/ the way our deferred renderer works. You'll generally get the best results with our games if you leave the driver settings at their defaults.

well that did it, thank you, I'm not sure why I had it set to something else than application defaults..

At that price I had to double dip and buy the PC version, too. I was a little bit worried that it wouldn't run that well because of the nice graphics - but it runs nicely!

The PC version is beautiful. Time for a re-play :)

Finally bought it today, after having some weird problems with buying from Steam yesterday. Waited ages for the game to arrive on PC for us XBox less people, thank you Double Fine for giving it to us. Now excuse me, I need to go on playing Stacking :)

Finally bought it today, after having some weird problems with buying from Steam yesterday. Waited ages for the game to arrive on PC for us XBox less people, thank you Double Fine for giving it to us. Now excuse me, I need to go on playing Stacking :)

Hey, I also had troubles yesterday with steam not accepting my credit card. Worked in the end. Seems that Steam was overburdened yesterday as I also wanted to re-install another game and Steam said I should try later as it was overburdened.

Yeah i was also stressed out because my cc wasn't working. Probably just all the double fine fans wanting to buy stacked that made it crash ;-)

Found a bug in the PC version: In the secret hideout, no floors or walls are visible. Screenshot link.

The same problem occurs in the hat emporium at the train station.

Found a bug in the PC version: In the secret hideout, no floors or walls are visible. Screenshot link.

The same problem occurs in the hat emporium at the train station.

Yep, I have that problem, too.

yup, I've had that issue too

it fixed itself after coming back from the ship though..

yup, I've had that issue too

it fixed itself after coming back from the ship though..

Yeah, for me too.

...and the room is broken again after restarting the game :(

Having a great time with it so far!

I also experienced that hideout bug. An option to set the FOV would also be really nice. Otherwise I totally dig, it's a really original experience.

The latest patch on Steam has a fix for the missing geo issue in the Secret Hideout and Top Hat Lounge rooms.

When I found Double Fine Adventure, Stacking caught my attention and I bought when it came out on Steam. It seems a very original and entertaining game, aesthetically beautiful besides. I congratulate.

Thanks for the FOV update. The game does not feel like running around in a giant corridor anymore. ;)

I bought it. Ive enjoyed it. Def worth the $10 I spent.

Any differences/extras in the PC version that aren't on the console version plus the DLC?

The major additions are:

* The concept art browser.

* Ability to run at much higher resolutions.

* Support for 2x and 4x SSAA and FSAA.

* Mappable mouse/keyboard controls.

* FOV controls and some other more PC specific options.

I really do love the art direction of this game. I think that it is brilliant.

My only naysay would be the way written dialog is used it cutscenes. I understand that it is a throwback to the silent film era, but after a while breaking to read the cutscenes on a slide becomes tiresome and spoils the enjoyment of "watching" the cutscene. I don't really have any alternate suggestions for how it could have kept that concept and not done something similar, however.

All in all, fantastic, beautiful game with genius art direction. Lots of fun, too, of course!

Thank you DF Nathan, it's very tempting to purchase on Steam and replay !

I've been waiting for Stacking to go on sale on PSN since I missed the last sale, but Steam might be a better option now that I notice it's available there as well (I never think to look at the new games lists on Steam...).

The FOV option has made a huge difference for me, thanks!