Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Redphienix

I Hate/Love Randoms; A Study. MKII

They do a small amount, but absolutely NOTHING worth mentioning. (Enough to kill something on Beach, not survival)

I doubt he used it on his 50 run, but even so it's not nearly that hard anyway. Lacking sprint or quickload it is still immensely possible, just a stupid leg choice.

I was taught how to play last night :3

Apparently, according to Random, I'm stupid for ever bringing Knockback shotguns (though for a good 10 minutes he told me they were Camos and that camos are worthless, which I agreed to). My 6 Fiesta build was strong, but I really should have thrown 3 of the shotguns off for rippers because it "couldn't hurt".

I was taught again. And again. And again. (he repeated this for nearly 20 minutes before finally starting the game) "4 rippers and 2 hole punchers is a nice setup" Which I countered with saying we already HAVE a ripper build.

I then looked at his build and saw Advanced Mines :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Had someone who got dragged to 100 by a friend tell me he was better in every way then me. Said his friends got him to 100 3 times and he had only played Settlement 10 times (Bragged saying that is a 30% success rate!). I shook my head, over time he cooled off and listened, learned some things and I found that his 'strategy' was just appalling. DEFINITELY dragged there, if he ever made it *shrugs*

So I didn't get to learn anything on that run despite his big talk of being better ;~; I only learned that "Unglitching the amp on green-" which he sounded confused on, but then seemed to pretend like he understood, "isn't a big deal at all because I spam a BUNCH of Super Shredders up there!"

Also it is apparently better to pick a spot and REFUSE to move. He taught me that too.

Good night :D Hope something comes today xD

Last night I ran into this again... Someone who just doesn't understand what the role of a ripper Karlsson is.

We are making a run on swamp with 2 Honeychurches a Selkar and the ripper... We agreed on the ship "Your job is to shoot everything"...

Nope not gonna happen! I try to explain that we have three engineers so we have to get down at least 7 PSTs by wave 4... "So try and make all the scrap you can" OKay?

Wave 1-3 go by and this guy is playin like he's got snipers on board... I suggest he should try to cover under the bridge as much as possible so to maximize the shred time...

Volty shows up on wave four and we loose 60% before it goes down... We had 4 PSTs up.

Nope! My tactics are flawed he says... "I have to take out the Jacobs when they come out and then I can't take out the other tubes"

I try to explain the rippers are don't have enough DPS for that... Just try and scrap the Jacobs... That's what the PSTs and Mines are for...etc...

Nope! My tactics are still flawed. Stifling my laughs as this guy can't play a ripper Karlsson properly...

Got disconnected around wave 25... I was relieved...

I did point him to the forums so hopefully he reads this...

I had a similar encounter though I'll stay a bit more 'vague' in describing >-> x3

Basically I found an enjoyable player with a mic and an urge to learn how to get far in survival. Problem being the player would ask a question, get the answer, verify that they heard me and then NOT CHANGE ANYTHING OR TRY IT OUT.

Examples of things the player was 'taught' but refused to follow

~ Fiestas are good

~ Run a scrapper.

~ Switch that archie for fiestas

~ The 3 slots are weak

~ Run a scrapper.

~ Run a scrapper.

~ Run a scrapper.

~ Move around man, don't sit in one spot all game

~ You don't need tripods for that build, you want sprint legs

All of which were ignored or took ALL DAY for them to try (I repeat scrapper because the player wouldn't run it, and when they did they spammed greens everywhere and refused to really scrap enemies. Ran up to an amp and said "I'll pump the trigger so I kill him faster with my other guns" So they killed the amp a lot quicker instead of making more scrap. )

Probably recognizes this if they read it but meh. I love helping people, but when you accept the help but don't 'learn' it gets annoying quick.

Spun the wheel with Cookn last night and who pops up???

Redphienix! What a refreshing change to have someone run a ripper efficiently... Next time; my turn!

Thanks!

I was just about to say, I pressed that "GET FRIENDZ" button last night and I couldn't believe it x3

I ran into Reverend and Cook :P

Must admit, since my mates quit playing it's been a bit since I played a good run x3 Had fun guys :P

Had one of those "I love randoms" games last night :3

Ran into 3 fellows with mics and.... well let's say there were boomerangs, a carpet bomber, laser emplacement.

Anyway~

Listened and broke 100 easily :3 Yay~

/boring post is boring, more fun to read about randoms raging and being full of themselves/

Ran into 3 fellows with mics. After some pre game banter we decided (and ran) a four man 8 boomerang run of Swamp.

IT. WAS. SO. MUCH. FUN.

The end.

"Don't worry about my mortars, I know how to use them- got to 100 on Hospital earlier today!"

Camo shotgun spam and shitload of mortars. Quadruple dampeners and all that jazz x3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dragged a random around by the collar with two of my mates. We told him we were getting a secret achievement called "Scuffless paint" or some crap where you have to end with no damage on your trench. We ran double repair beams xD

Then we dragged him through Beach, claiming that if he sat at the base he would earn the flame paintjob.

Long story on why this occurred, but I regret nothing based on what lead us to it.

After a long break from Iron Brigade I gave the console version a roll today and found that boomerangs / spamming collectors / begging for people with mics and then remaining silent / and general spamming of green turrets is still a thing.

I also had a lot of fun ^.^

If only I had the pc version working. My next computer I'm reinstalling it and getting to 100 on all the maps just to feel like I've done it all again x3... even though I most certainly have not done it all xD

I have read this thread many times because I find it very amusing. I also assumed that you guys were exaggerating for comedic effect. UNTIL last week. I entered a lobby and there was a guy with two Topiary Trimmers. I recommended that he bring the Fiesta shotguns instead. I explained that they are much more powerful and the range is really 200 (the same as the machine gun) even though the description says otherwise.

He called me a racist, told me to have intercourse with myself (I'm paraphrasing). He backed out and immediately left a negative review on my account.

I have read this thread many times because I find it very amusing. I also assumed that you guys were exaggerating for comedic effect. UNTIL last week. I entered a lobby and there was a guy with two Topiary Trimmers. I recommended that he bring the Fiesta shotguns instead. I explained that they are much more powerful and the range is really 200 (the same as the machine gun) even though the description says otherwise.

He called me a racist, told me to have intercourse with myself (I'm paraphrasing). He backed out and immediately left a negative review on my account.

It's simply proof that gamers from all sides of the spectrum play IB, and not all of them are nice ;)

If only I had the pc version working. My next computer I'm reinstalling it and getting to 100 on all the maps just to feel like I've done it all again x3... even though I most certainly have not done it all xD

Did you get the PC version installed ever? I'm Ngerstenlauer in steam, and my Windows Live GT is BogusSuperQuack if so! I'd love to play together with anyone

Did you get the PC version installed ever? I'm Ngerstenlauer in steam, and my Windows Live GT is BogusSuperQuack if so! I'd love to play together with anyone

My life's been a mess with 'responsibility' and 'figuring out how I'll go from being an app developer to a game developer'.

So not really yet. Have it bought and the like but this wonderful diamond of a game has aged to inactivity sadly.

Might be worth gathering people for return runs on console and PC though :)

Hope you find people soon!

Ran into a random the other day, playing Iron Brigade for the first time.

Doesn't get boring. Explaining some basic controls, or sitting in the back,

support sniping or calling down turrets as engineer. It was fun doing the

campaign again.

Ran into a random the other day, playing Iron Brigade for the first time.

Doesn't get boring. Explaining some basic controls, or sitting in the back,

support sniping or calling down turrets as engineer. It was fun doing the

campaign again.

You should see the console campaign leaderboards. Theres people doing hundreds of missions a week for leaderboard rank, competing with each other. It'd be a waste of time to me, but its pretty funny seeing the numbers jump. Too bad you don't play on the 360 any more, bogus. Funny how it lets me see you on IB on my 360 when you're on pc though. I haven't been on the forums much lately since I been playing destiny a lot. Starting to get tired of it and might start driving myself crazy more with ridiculous handicaps on swamp and hospital again regularly soon.

If anyone is gonna be playing on pc today and wants to teach a level 14 noob some tactics/loadouts or whatever, hit me up please :)

Sign in to follow this