Sign in to follow this  
SHODANFreeman

Shoe on head

I saw the Ron Gilbert one. After that I got disconnected from the livestream and it wouldn't reconnect :(

Someone linked to some shoe pics in the stream chat... but I lost the link :P

snds.jpg

snds.jpg.575c3fae3d4bb1d4d1384b026aaf00d

Such epic good-sport-ness. :D Wish I'd thought to screencap them, so I could fill in the sandal-on-head gap! Hopefully the whole livestream will be on the Blu-ray, since 2PP were there (it was so great to see them get some time in front of the camera!). Can't wait for the first episode of the documentary, to see what the beginnings of the project are like. :D

Edit: Ah, just as I reply, the Internet comes through for us! Nice. :D

Do people REALLY want a game full of obscure references, easter eggs and inside jokes like "Shoe On Head" and "Pancakes"?

I know a lot of folks will say yes, but I'm hoping that if the team forgets these ideas and forges ahead with their own thing no one actually whines.

(someone will whine)

Do people REALLY want a game full of obscure references, easter eggs and inside jokes like "Shoe On Head" and "Pancakes"?

I know a lot of folks will say yes, but I'm hoping that if the team forgets these ideas and forges ahead with their own thing no one actually whines.

(someone will whine)

You know you can have references and original material, right?

This should be in the game. Like a crazy old man has a shoe on his head

I don't know, seems awfully

Ok so I didn't see everything due to the ads that only appeared right when someone was about to do something interesting and my internet shutting down. What started the whole shoe on the head thing? Asking for song and dance I understand (being a general thing "dance for my amusement") same with various people kissing (2 female staff, and I believe I saw a request for tim and pretty much everything). I would even have understood wanting Mr Schafer eating a pine cone. However a shoe on a head? Where the bleeding hell did that come from?

Ponies obviously came from the brony collective. We seem to be like Vlad from Iron Brigade. We want to share the broadcast with the entire world. All I ever saw in the chat was "Tim do you like ponies?"

(someone will whine)

I think you're putting too much thought into what would end up being a throwaway gag, nobody's suggesting that shoe on head or hot dog suit should be major plot points. (though they will now)

It'll last for a month or two (probably less--it's internet time, people), then fade once the real game info starts coming out.

Still, where else are you going to find pictures of Ron Gilbert with a shoe on his head?

There still needs to be a guy in a hotdog suit with a shoe on his head somewhere, even if it's hidden in the background.

(someone will whine)

I think you're putting too much thought into what would end up being a throwaway gag, nobody's suggesting that shoe on head or hot dog suit should be major plot points.

This, emphatically. And for the record, I'd love to see those in the game in some small unobtrusive way, and would happily accept a Pancakes On Head combination, if they really want to keep the easter-egg count down. :D

I do firmly agree that the main focus needs to be the actual adventure story itself, but it doesn't hurt to add a few minor things here and there, as long as they don't detract from the rest.

As Long As It Makes Some Semblance Of Sense It Would Be Neato, But Forcing These Jokes Into Existence Inside The Game Might Be Detrimental.

At first, I thought it was pretty childish (maybe it's an age thing!), but as time wore on in the live feed, it got a little more amusing, especially when people actually started doing it. At this point, I'm not against a little Easter Egg in the game, and I think it would be a nod to the community.

At first, I thought it was pretty childish (maybe it's an age thing!), but as time wore on in the live feed, it got a little more amusing, especially when people actually started doing it. At this point, I'm not against a little Easter Egg in the game, and I think it would be a nod to the community.
Or a nod to 4chan. Shoe on head is already a meme and not specific to Double Fine.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/put-shoe-on-head

(someone will whine)

I think you're putting too much thought into what would end up being a throwaway gag, nobody's suggesting that shoe on head or hot dog suit should be major plot points.

This, emphatically. And for the record, I'd love to see those in the game in some small unobtrusive way, and would happily accept a Pancakes On Head combination, if they really want to keep the easter-egg count down. :D

I do firmly agree that the main focus needs to be the actual adventure story itself, but it doesn't hurt to add a few minor things here and there, as long as they don't detract from the rest.

Okay see... now Pancakes on Head could be entire character with a major factor in the game. That I would accept. That would be funny. The guy who wears Pancakes on His Head would be an awesome character or maybe it's a girl. Maybe it's one of the people who big to be a character in the game?

Yes, THAT I approve.

If there's going to be a shoe/pancake hat, it would be a good idea to do a promotion with the hat-simulator game Team Fortress 2.

Here's the one I did.

I posted it in the thank you thread earlier.

It's crazy to me how similar our screen grabs are for every single one. They are within milliseconds of each other. :P

It's crazy to me how similar our screen grabs are for every single one. They are within milliseconds of each other. :P

Haha yeah, I noticed it too :)

(someone will whine)

Okay see... now Pancakes on Head could be entire character with a major factor in the game. That I would accept. That would be funny. The guy who wears Pancakes on His Head would be an awesome character or maybe it's a girl. Maybe it's one of the people who big to be a character in the game?

Yes, THAT I approve.

I think and I hope there will be one or two of these inside jokes because we are the backers and we made it possible. It could be a tribute to us.

But I also understand the point in inside jokes for nonbackers. That's why there should be just one or two small ones.

It would be cool if there was a easter egg with this in the game or something, however I wouldn't be upset if it wasn't.

Eather way it's quite hard to think of how to get one in the game without much knowing more of the game itself, or at least in my opinian

im sorry if this is the wrong topic but will dfa be on xbox just wondering

If there's going to be a shoe/pancake hat, it would be a good idea to do a promotion with the hat-simulator game Team Fortress 2.

Absolutely not.

But I also understand the point in inside jokes for nonbackers. That's why there should be just one or two small ones.

Well, some people don't watch movies, so they should avoid movie jokes. Oh, and it's possible other people don't play video games. Let's not exclude them.

A few nods that are missed by some people won't cause a ruckus. I'm personally looking forward to the sausage factory reference. Or game location.