Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dreweyes

Double Fine Kickstarter Adventure: FANART!

I've tried doing Manny in different styles.

Grim.jpg

I can only imagine there is a lack of Mexican and/or Day of the Dead lore on it, but man, why wasn't there a specter type character? Someone who died due to smoking (started a fire) and now had to travel as a creepy vesper of smokey death.

Interestingly would've probably made him immune to flower bullets...could make an interesting villain or unlikely ally.

I sometimes like to draw something fast when I am on the phone :)

1196nbt.jpg

Edit: Dell support line that is, can take a loooong time..

Dammit guys, lots of talent in this forum!

I wish I was half as good at drawing as you people are!

@Dreweyes Man, any chance you would make a pixel art portrait of me? No kidding, I always wanted one!

Not very art-full, but a screenshot i made during the finale of DFA kickstarter. And i was thinking of a nice scene here, going like:

Tim: "Ron... do you think this bottle will hold the grog?"

Ron: "Oh dear... we gonna need a LOT more mugs"

AprJwYTCEAAA3Y2.jpg

Anyway, couldn't resist sharing this. And I didn't want to create a whole new topic. Great artwork in this topic btw, i'm sure there's going to be a full Tim Schafer Adventure someday :P

Cool stuff guys!

@Dreweyes Man, any chance you would make a pixel art portrait of me? No kidding, I always wanted one!

Sure man, PM me!

Hey we're posting Manny fan art!?! I want to play!!!

Nice! Looks like a Telltale adaption of Manny!

Hey good ones!

I want such a manny figurine, too!

@Tim Throttle

Could it be that Ben IS actually Tim Schafer?

The Telltale inspired Manny: such designs could be the start of a new Grim Fandango adventure. If Tim does that, i'll back it!

The Telltale inspired Manny: such designs could be the start of a new Grim Fandango adventure. If Tim does that, i’ll back it!

Wow thanks for the complements I'm glad you guys liked my design (even though is was only half done.) I'd love to see Grim updated and re-released but obviously DF can't do a thing about it. But, it never hurts to dream a little... I did.

I did not create this image! I just want to be very, very clear on that point.

A while back on the Grim Fandango forum over at LucasForums a person posted this

TTGames_GFHD_Manny_Test_014.jpg

and tried to pass it off as a concept for a TellTale GF remake. That was a dumb thing to do, trying to pass of his own incredible work as someone else's. The creator of the image eventually came clean. Click here to see the thread if you want to see the original context.

Thought I'd throw my hat in the ring

DFA-artyart2.jpg

I was thinkin this was to be a bit like the end of Never Ending Story so Tim's riding a moneybag/luckdragon and about to chase down some bullies from his childhood, but then a buddy of mine said he looks like he's plummeting out of the sky...

My first thought was of Slim Pickens riding the bomb down in Dr Strangelove.

ridebomb.jpg

Not what you'd intended, apparently. :red:

2HBMANIA GALLERY

=-) =-]

MY LITTLE ALBUM OF 2HB

http://imgur.com/a/ychhp#STTrS

...(it’s not letting me upload them here… =-( ...but I’ve made an album on IMGUR)

(The Batman and Freddy/Jason are by Reid!! http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhcooper/ )

The Basic White 2HB will let you use a simple Paint program to make more yourself!!

When Tweeting yours, please use #2HBMANIA so we can all find them more easily. =-)

GO FORTH AND MAKE 2HB ART!!!!

Not what you'd intended, apparently. :red:

It's what everyone is thinkin but me apparently :D

Anyway, hope ya got a kick out of it. I gotta do another this week, my drawin arm itches for more money-related humour.

I personally i have no artistic skill. My creative skills comes in word flavours. However I have yet to find anything to give me a buzz.

Meh. Probably just in need of some sleep.

Love picture in OP i would totally still enjoy adventure games in that resolution and pixel art, its alittle bright though, it should be about 10-15% dark. Not sure if youre monitor calibration is off, or you just like bright stuff :)

I dont think ill ever hate pixel art, there is just something about that still, the roughness, that you can see the points of pixels. I still love it.

Does this Manny Calavera papercraft count?

You should sell those on etsy.com Haha

Smiles

WOW!!! I wanna play that "Grim Fandango Special Edition"!!! When will that Remake of Grim be released??

:lol: ;-)

I did not create this image! I just want to be very, very clear on that point.

A while back on the Grim Fandango forum over at LucasForums a person posted this

TTGames_GFHD_Manny_Test_014.jpg

and tried to pass it off as a concept for a TellTale GF remake. That was a dumb thing to do, trying to pass of his own incredible work as someone else's. The creator of the image eventually came clean. Click here to see the thread if you want to see the original context.

Another piece of art... It's not mine, but I'm still posting it

0.jpg

Not DFA fanart, but a t-shirt design concept I just finished.

What do you guys think? :)

1LrlA.png

Not really DFA related in subject, but I was inspired by Nathan's work, and felt I should draw something similar.

matjo.jpg

I've got my eyes on the lumberjack from art update 1, tho. Might draw something about him.

Sign in to follow this