Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheGuardian

Music composers

My top two choices would be David Wise, who did the Donkey Kong Country soundtrack, or Terence Lee, who did the Dustforce soundtrack (also featured in the DFA documentary).

Jonny Greenwood would be amazing :D . Check out his 'Bodysong' and 'There Will Be Blood' soundtracks, for instance. It'll probably be McConnell though, and I'm certainly down with that. Can't wait to hear where the game goes musically, who ever it is.

While I of course love Peter McConnell (and I want to mention Jack Wall (Myst III & IV, Mass Effect series)), the best music I've ever heard in a game is from Machinarium, by Tomas Dvorak.

In case that Peter McConnell isn't available for this project, I'd like to point to this immensely talented guy:

https://twitter.com/#!/grantkirkhope

Grant Kirkhope, he did some of video games' most memorable tunes and sadly he just ran out of a job :(

While I of course love Peter McConnell (and I want to mention Jack Wall (Myst III & IV, Mass Effect series)), the best music I've ever heard in a game is from Machinarium, by Tomas Dvorak.

Exactly! Love McConnell as well, but Dvorak could certainly bring a lot of otherworldly quirkiness. Of course, it all depends on what is needed for the style of the game.

Unfortunately, I'm not really familiar with any of them. Based on the games I've played I'd go with #3.

Though my personal recommendation would be Andrew "Zircon" Aversa. www.zirconmusic.com. I know him pretty well and I think he'd be great for this.

Sign in to follow this