• $100-$249
    • $250-$499
    • $500-$999
    • $1,000-$2,499
    • $2,500-$4,999
    • $5000-$9999
    • $10,000+

They made Psychonauts.

That's really the only reason! Gotta help the people who made one of my absolute favorite games.

I did it because Schaffer is the only adventure designer I can think of that

- did amazing classics

- is not stuck in the past

Unlike the others, he's flexible, interested in the games around him and capable of exploring new ground. I don't like the adventure genre itself, because it's too scripted and fake, but I like how his company went indie and that deserves support.

I donated because as an adventure game fan, a Double Fine/Schafer fan, and a Ron Gilbert fan, I would have bought it anyway, I increased my backing to over $100 because I'm a sucker for collectors stuff, and after exchange rates it was actually pretty reasonable.

I donated because:

* The awesome pitch video; Tim really made it personal

* Look at Behind the Scenes development at a professional games studio

* My name in the credits

* Helping to revive point-and-click adventure games

Finally got delivered today ...

2i6o005.jpg

That game is one of the reasons i backed this project...

And yes two of those games are still sealed and yes the other one is signed by the singer of the original soundtrack of the game.

Im so happy also because Leisure Suit Larry is only less than 1K away from beeing funded.

Im getting naked ...who's with me ?

Well, i loved the old Monkey Island games and the newer doublefine games

(especially Brütal Legendsmiley_rock.gif

and Costume Quest, even bought CQ twice, first on ps3, then steam ^^)

and i thought any game with similar humor and quality is something worth backing.

BTW: one good thing about beeing in germany: it's extremely easy to write "Ü" :lol:

Because Adventure Games are not dead.

How couldn't I be a backer of one of my childhood-makers? :P

Well, when I heard that Tim Schafer and Ron Gilbert were going to make an adventure game I had that reaction of "Shut up and take my money", and the goodies offered for the reward tier I chose were really appealing.

I'm also curious about the beta and alpha test processes and that was another incentive to me

Because I've always loved Adventure games.

Despite of piracy here in Brazil and the expensive taxes I afford to buy some original games like Grim Fandango, Full Throttle and Monkey Island 3.

Some of them I played a demo that came in a magazine with a cd-rom and I thought it was so great that I must play the whole game.

And after two years traveling more than 330 miles every weekend to do my post graduation degree in game development I've finally found something that worth spending money at.

A real documentary about game development making the games I love.

I'm glad that you made all that money but please I would like to hear more about the development process and less about the money. =)

I want to support anything Double Fine and since I love adventure games as well, this one was a no-brainer. I can't remember what prompted me to get Grim Fandango, might have been a clip on G4 or TechTV, but I bought it as a gift for a friend. We both played through it and loved it. Later, I played through Psychonauts and absolutely loved the game's style, humor and everything about the game. I later saw a short segment on Double Fine and them making Psychonauts; that's when I found the connection between two of my favorite games. I've been a huge fan ever since.

I think stepping outside-the-box in game development needs to be rewarded and not hindered like it usually is today. I don't blame publishers though, they're a business and need to be profitable, but I just wish more would take a bigger risk with some of the better developers like DF. So, the minute I saw that DF was creating a new game and I could be a part of it financially, I jumped at the chance.

Tim said "I wanna make a game,give me your money so I can fund making it and you can have a copy for 15 bucks" and I said "Ok,here ya' go. Let me know when it's done." And then he ran off giggling. He's such a jolly fellow.

I'm a big fan of the older Lucasarts adventures, but I mostly backed because of the documentary series. I am principally against investing without getting a cut of the profits, but I wanted to see the process.

I just backed the project because i really want to se a game in the same level of old school games like Full Throttle, Day of Tentacle, The Dig and others.

Simply because I trust Tim Schafer and his creative vision, and for less than a night out at the movies, to me it was a no-brainer investment (even if it fails).

I am a backer because I honestly miss adventure games. The shift towards AAA games and annual/bi-annual franchises by publishers has effectively cut me off from a lot of the things I loved about gaming; the freedom to explore and laugh at the interactive content.

I also really miss the PC adventure game, with Tim's last few games having been more console oriented and thus not really my thing, so it was a chance to re-capture some of that spirit that got me into gaming in the first place.

As for the rest - well I am here to enjoy the ride with all of you :)

Because I really, really wanted to play an adventure game made by Ron Gilbert and Tim Schafer again and, while I was at it, I wanted to put my name in it too.

I guess I funded it because I wanted to see a new adventure game - plus, being a videogame art student, I was also interested in seeing the documentry. You know, to see what game dev can be like.

To support Tim Schafer and for the love of adventure games

I played point and click games as a kid, and really enjoyed them, but when I tried recent ones (runaway, black mirror, tunguska...), I realised how outdated the genre was. I really enjoy the telltale games, though, even if they kinda play themselves. about double fine, I bought used copies of psychonauts and brutal legend, and wanted to support Tim Schafer & co seeing how great these games are, and how they got screwed by editors. I'm not even sure I'll play the game, I enjoy more watching playthroughs of these games on youtube than actually playing them! that's... not pirating right?

Because I love the first three Monkey Island games and Grim Fandango. No other reason really, I'd just like to see another adventure game from Tim Schafer and Ron Gilbert.

- We need more variety of games, there are too many FPS and platform games, I miss good adventure games.

- Every Ron Gilbert and Tim Schafer game I have EVER played has been memorable!

I backed this project because everything Schafer does is quality and publishers are far too often morons looking to strike a market(s) for sales rather than creating a quality piece of interactive art that gets sales on its merit. Tim and his team should have the freedom to create what they want. I don't even care if I end up not liking the result as long as the game is the vision of the creators. Another product to add one more notch on the "marketing teams are morons" wall.

Also, variety. Hopefully the publicity on this project will spark more neurons in gamers who play FPSs exclusively or some such. People need to widen their tastes and they can only do that by experiencing the "fine wine" examples from other genres. Then, maybe, we will start to see more variety and CREATIVITY in AAA titles.

Well, I love the Lucasfilm scumm games... All of them, but the real reason I backed?

Two words:

Full Throttle

Man I love that game....

desiv

(Oh, and some of the older games I really enjoyed I might not have actually ..er. um.. totally paid for.... :-( Come on!! There were selling blank floppies in bulk!!! What was I to do!!!!! So, this is making up for that a bit I hope...)

I really loved Psychonauts, although I can't even remember how I found out about it though. From there, I found out about the majesty of Grim Fandango and it's still my favourite game of all time. I then moved on and played the first two Monkey Island games when they were ported into the Special Editions and finally played through Costume Quest and its DLC.

Loved ALL of them, so seeing that Tim Schafer was asking for money for another game (harkening back to the glory days of old) made this a no-brainer :)

I remember when I was a kid and I was trying to figure out Space Quest IV. I had a ton of fun that game even though I could never get very far. I had purchased the game, but I lost the manual. In that game you needed the manual to be able to pilot the Time Rippers pod. Being that this was before the internet it took me years before someone I knew actually said they had the game and I was able to complete it. So this is reason 1 I am backing the game. No DRM. I also love adventure games. Every once in a while I will have the desire to fire up Day of the Tentacle. Sure I can get through it in about an hour, but it's still super fun.

The biggest reason I'm backing it though is because we need more quality games on Linux. I try to sponsor projects that are bringing quality to Linux.

I backed because of my respect for the entire DF team. Tim is the figurehead and we all appreciate his place in gaming and it's history. But the entire team has given me countless hours of fun with their productions. I'm really not much of an adventure game fan if I'm totally honest. But I didn't back the project because I wanted an adventure game. I backed the project because this is a team that has proven themselves to me and I feel like they deserve the attention, the success, and the funding to keep making some of the best games out there.

I've always liked the games.

The videos were good enough for me to consider the entertainment value alone to be worth it.

I'm also particularly fond of teaching the "establishment" a lesson. It's so nice that double fine found a way to give all of us... individuals... a stronger voice (remember, the establishment believes that money = voice).

Besides, as a software QA engineer who has always been interested in what it'd be like to QA for a game, I am particularly interested in watching the process.

In the cold winter of 1992, I met a space hermit named Glockburger Pluckenbaum - not related to the Pluckenbaums of southern New Jersey. He handed me a magic trout, along with maintenance notes and some dental floss. The floss was either for me or the trout, I wasn't not too sure.

Anyway...

I kept it in a purple silk-covered box with my baseball cards and my ball of lucky lint for all these years. It was only a matter of time before the true purpose of the magic fish was revealed. Yea it was one night in November 2011 when it did spake unto me from within the purple box, all muffled-like till I opened it. It said:

"I shall bestow unto ye great wealth, but first ye shall find me three things:

I. Some dental floss

II. A tube of KY jelly

III. A new adventure game from Tim Schafer"

Alas, my greed was not to be satisfied, since Tim was no longer in the adventure game business. So I put the trout back in the box, and pushed it under my bed all down-trodden-like for real.

And then, well... you all know what happened then, and here I am.

Sign in to follow this