Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Oyasumidesu

uhoh, private messages

hey, i was just wondering if anyone has been experiancing the same problems that i am having? i cannot get to any of my private messages, the page is completly blank without any problem data. i have tried both explorer and firefox but the same thing is happening. So i was wondering if anyone else has been experiancing this problem?

I'm having the same problem, plus the "Edit Signatures" page is coming us as a blank for me as well D: I keep refreshing but alas, nothing is working. It makes me a sad Mew :< it seems to be only for those two areas, though.. hmmm...

I'm having the same problem, plus the "Edit Signatures" page is coming us as a blank for me as well D: I keep refreshing but alas, nothing is working. It makes me a sad Mew :< it seems to be only for those two areas, though.. hmmm...

::checks 'edit signaturnes':: ....WOAH, me too, why is that?? hmm.....:pets cat who is sounding like a tug boat:

Hmm. My private messages screen seems to be working fine. (not that I've gotten any, except for a little fight I had with Bosch or whatever he's calling himself now.)

HOWEVER I am having issues with the signature thing as well. And seeing as how I'm not the only one, something must be done. >:C

Actually, Klint's been around since the beginning, from what I remember. And Action Shark came up soon after. Action Shark seems to be the vicious post eater and justice bringer. Where as Klint is one who clears up forum mechanics problems (like this one, unfunctioning PMs and Signatures.) and similar issues. And Info Cow, whom we haven't seen in a while, is just that. An Info Cow, who delivers the info and corrects misconceptions.

From my observations, anyway.

But it just figures I can't change my signature when I'm finally capable of drawing a decent picture for it on the computer. *pouts*

^_^ thank you Klint! ^___^ it is all working fine for ME now, how about everyone else?

Likewise. Thanks for the information, Klint. ;)

You are too kind, Freedom. But I shall wager an Obolus you were not expecting a response like that. My eyes appear to be bleeding because of it.

Klint, I thought I would use this instead of creating a new topic: but I seem to be encountering some avatar/sig trouble again. Now, it may be due to the server updates, but I appear to have been experiencing it for a while now. Every time I try to change my sig/avatar, I encounter this notice:

"The form you submitted contained the following errors

The filetype you are attempting to upload is not allowed

Images must be one of the following image types: jpg, jpeg, gif, png"

Now, both conform to these stipulations-- as they are both Jpeg images and well within the allowed file/image size. I tried converting the files to the other allowed types, but still received the message. I may be the only one encountering this, but I was just curious as to whether or not there was a known issue? Cheers.

Same issue for me, but with my avatar. I've tried uploading the same picture in all those image types, but I get the same message over and over.

Yes, my avatar was 100x100, which was eventually accepted (the one I now adorn.) However, my sig is still being rejected for some reason, and it is within the brackets:

Image size: 431x80

File size: 11.7kb

Jpeg

I still keep getting the "Images must be one of the following image types: jpg, jpeg, gif, png " message even though the avatar I'm trying to upload meets all standards.

Well, I really hope the PM system is fixed... or was at least working for me when I sent them my address for the prizes from christmas. *worry worry*

I got your address Sugar Bot, the prize is on the way.

No updates on the signature problem though, what browser are you guys using?

Still using IE 6(?) I believe-- the one before the most recent, anyway. It is kicking every sig back on me now, even ones I have used previously. It may just be us; but I am certainly none the wiser as to why this may be, as I have not changed or updated anything of late.

I usually always write in lower case with files, partly due to laziness, or naming them swiftly. I also have several variations of the one sig, all with different names. So it does not appear to be that.

This is what I am trying to upload(as I mentioned, I have also tried others) and it seems rather innocuous, which is what is confusing me so.8-/

Klint, have you thought about implementing an offsite-style link sytem, whereby we paste a link from the likes of photobucket etc? It would certainly prevent such nuisances from occurring during server resets. Heh, I am sure you have no doubt paid it some due thought; but if it is more trouble than it is worth, then I suppose there is little point in tangling with it.

However, it would be nice to know what is confounding me so. ;-P

forgotten_pastimes.JPG

forgotten_pastimes.JPG.dfaff3f3982b190eb

I am none too tech-savvy, but was under the impression Jpg's and Jpeg's were almost identical.

Hence this.

Also, "Allowed Image Types: gif, jpg, png"

Well I'll be...

Quizzling, to say the least. I used some shady phot-program to save the file (previously using MS-Paint) and it now works.

Edit: My apologies. I really ought to have editted my previous post. :shut:

I checked my files to see if that was also the issue for me and it's not. All of the file name is in lower case including the .jpg part.

Ah, I see! Thank you much for the help, my good sir! Let free coupons to various fast food restraunts rain down apon you!

Recieving this message for both Sigs and Avatars, and have been since this morning:

"An error was encountered while attempting to assign your image"

Sign in to follow this