Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KillerFish

Game name suggestions

Seriously, we can't just keep calling it "Double Fine Kickstarter Adventure", or "The Game" (pretty sure that one's been covered), so what do you guys suggest as a prospective title for our upcoming adventure? Or if you can't think of a name, think of a placeholder code name we can use intead.

For example, I'm going to suggest "Project: Backer" as a code name.

Seriously, we can't just keep calling it "Double Fine Kickstarter Adventure", or "The Game"

Ummm... Why not exactly? The thing we know for sure is that it is a game, adventure, and made by Double Fine. Calling it Double Fine Adventure Game seems reasonable. I mean sure, you can call it Epic Jellyfish Excursion, but there is a chance it will have nothing to do with reality...

1st off let me give a resounding F U for mentioning 'the game' (i just lost it btw). That being said, I've always wanted to say "Santa's got a brand new bag" when it comes to finishing a mission. And this entire process is a mission. So, how about "Project: Santa's Bag", PSB for short? Or maybe something in that vein :)

Maybe make an anagram of “Double Fine Kickstarter Adventure”?

Irreverent Tubesock: Fatal Dude-Kin

I'd play that!

operation: narwhal

operation: pulley in the middle

operation: backers to the future

operation: adventure!

operation: glorious failure

Here's my idea for the game's title:

[Title Tim Came Up With Goes Here]

Seriously, we can't just keep calling it "Double Fine Kickstarter Adventure", or "The Game"

Ummm... Why not exactly? The thing we know for sure is that it is a game, adventure, and made by Double Fine. Calling it Double Fine Adventure Game seems reasonable. I mean sure, you can call it Epic Jellyfish Excursion, but there is a chance it will have nothing to do with reality...

It''s more to do with the fact that keeping on calling it Double Fine Adventure Game, whilst descriptive, doesn't help with conjuring up creative ideas to help develop the game. whilst even a placeholder name can provide a jumping off point,and speculation as to what the end product shallbe.

"N. Igmatic" might be a worth considering as a title.

Seriously, we can't just keep calling it "Double Fine Kickstarter Adventure", or "The Game" (pretty sure that one's been covered), so what do you guys suggest as a prospective title for our upcoming adventure? Or if you can't think of a name, think of a placeholder code name we can use intead.

For example, I'm going to suggest "Project: Backer" as a code name.

But we don't know anything about it yet.

It''s more to do with the fact that keeping on calling it Double Fine Adventure Game, whilst descriptive, doesn't help with conjuring up creative ideas to help develop the game. whilst even a placeholder name can provide a jumping off point,and speculation as to what the end product shallbe.

"N. Igmatic" might be a worth considering as a title.

I think calling it 'Double Fine Adventue' 'Adventure' or 'DFA' is fine. Whenever I write anything I already have a vague idea of what I want but that changes during the process. It's not until at least half-way, or at the end, that I come up with a title. When writing prose most of the time I leave the introduction to last or end up changing the preliminary intro entirely.

I'd argue that in trying to use a title for inspiration you're confining yourself to only thinking of things that fit the title. Besides, I don't think it's up to us to create the game in its entirety. Setting, plot, etc I leave up to their capable minds.

How about Hubert the Cunning Linguist and the Case of the Crumbly Linguine?

That sounds incredibly dirty to me. :P

Suggesting names for a game we know almost nothing about seems pointless to me. The best names relate to the content of the game.

Irreverent Tubesock: Fatal Dude-Kin

I must admit that made me chuckle though.

That sounds incredibly dirty to me. :P

I'm British. It's a national curse I'm afraid. Damn you Benny Hill and Carry On films. Shakes fist in a manner that could be misconstrued.

Space Detective: The Lunar Murder Mystery

Punchy, exciting, and ambiguous enough that it would be a great fit for practically any story Double Fine care to tell :)

Yeah uh, Double Fine Adventure is a fine name for now, considering we know nothing about the game.

There's no need to give it an 'official' name (it already has DFA as an official name anyway) in order to come up with ideas for what the game will be about. That seems backwards anyway.

I would prefer a title that either refers to the location, character, objective, main goal, or theme of the game. Witty or clever puns on any of these ideas are fine, you can even mesh two of these to create a unique title.

please do not place a number at the end though...

Whatever it is, there has to be a space for "A Game By Tim Schafer, and Ron Gilbert".

AGBTSARG

i still think DFAG is lame one.

maybe we should call it "The Grog Game"?

I would prefer a title that either refers to the location, character, objective, main goal, or theme of the game. Witty or clever puns on any of these ideas are fine, you can even mesh two of these to create a unique title.

please do not place a number at the end though...

Well they could add the tag line: The first part of an amazing unology.

Yeah uh, Double Fine Adventure is a fine name for now, considering we know nothing about the game.

There's no need to give it an 'official' name (it already has DFA as an official name anyway) in order to come up with ideas for what the game will be about. That seems backwards anyway.

Yeah, what you said. But with me agreeing with you down here.

I looked at the title for this post and honestly assumed people were actually going to be suggesting names for a game that has not even been meaningfully defined yet.

So glad that's not the case.

Sign in to follow this