Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Samuel-IGN

Double Fine Adventure Wiki Guide

Can't help but be amused by the weird possibility that the guide could start filling out before release.

"Here is the puzzle you will face half way in the game, and how is to solve it. What? Why are you reading this? Way to ruin the game for yourself."

Huh. Wouldn't this break the unofficial NDA we're in while the title is in development? It would certainly leak information to the public.

I can say that I won't personally post 'secret' stuff. It's an open, public wiki though and there are a LOT of co-backers out there. What I'm saying is WE MUST FIND THE MOLE.

This is blatant advertising and shouldn't be on the forum, in fact anything IGN related at all shouldn't here.

Also just a heads up Sam but Double Fine aren't the type to slap a walking IGN ad in their game like some other developers so stop looking for attention.

I think it's only advertising if IGN is inferior to the Double Fine Action Forums.

Do not advertise. Baby Lovers care only about one thing: 2hb. They don’t want to hear about your pyramid scheme, hair tonic, or some other, inferior website. Not in the Action Forums, nor in private messages to members.

I guess that's a matter of opinion! I'm sure the powers that be will do something about it if they consider this topic inappropriate. Personally I'm happy to know that the wiki exists. Wikis in general can be quite useful not only to the game's audience but also the creators funnily enough.

This is blatant advertising and shouldn't be on the forum, in fact anything IGN related at all shouldn't here.

Also just a heads up Sam but Double Fine aren't the type to slap a walking IGN ad in their game like some other developers so stop looking for attention.

Hey, be nice, dude. It's a bit ad-y but it's certainly relevant if people are interested. Though the question about posting content this early is still weird to me. (Also, what games have a walking IGN ad? Only thing close I can think of was the Okami Cover and that was an amusing accident =P)

I personally backed this project just like anyone else here, and created a wiki, which will be awesome. I'm a huge Double Fine fan, and I've even been there a few times. How is this controversial? Love love love.

Two rules you have already broken are in regard to advertising and encouraging leaks which were cited in the guide to decency in your backer email.

I have no love for IGN or their brand of corporate and ad-based journalism, please leave fans of the game alone.

Two rules you have already broken are in regard to advertising and encouraging leaks which were cited in the guide to decency in your backer email.

I have no love for IGN or their brand of corporate and ad-based journalism, please leave fans of the game alone.

Wow, talk about hostility. This guy is just trying to start up a wiki and it happens to be on IGN. He is a fan of the game.

Unfortunately, speaking from experience, showing that you work for a company kind of guarantees that people will attach all the baggage of who you work for to you. Some people are just looking for an outlet to express greater frustrations. In Samuel's case, it looks like a bit of IGN comment culture followed him here. =P Congrats, Sam.

But it looks to be relatively minor so let's just ignore it and see how this wiki develops. When it does, we will have something to talk about =P

How about a Wiki project related to the game (just like Psychonauts wiki)?

Sign in to follow this