1,766 members have voted

1. 1. What is your native language?

• English
    • French
    • Italian
    • German
    • Spanish
    • other

The language poll is just the beginning... lets get to the bottom of these crazy people who we now refer to as backers. Who are they, where are they coming from, what make's them tick.

Hide your old people from the euthanasia police, smoke some weed, light up your crack pipes, bring out the prostitutes, wear some wooden shoes, drink beer and eat some good old cheese. Have no fear, the Dutch are here!

Native Language is way different than language you can understand fluently enough to enjoy media.

In terms of Translation I would think if you backed this game or you're a Double Fine/Lucas Arts fan you can speak or understand the most commonly translated languages or just understand English even if you can't type it or speak it that well.

Although us English speakers can't type in English either, so... ya know.

Hei kaikki suomalaiset. Toivottavasti maksoitte tästä enemmän kuin Vihaisista Linnuista.

I speak Finnish, but English, and to a certain degree Germany, Swedish and Russia aren't a problem. Looking at the poll results so far surprise me a bit. This 'Other' language seems to be winning, even though the voters from Otherstanzia obviously have to know English as well to vote. I'm happy to see that there's such a multinational group of backers for this project. That can only lead to good things, especially when it comes to backer participation in the design progress.

I'm surprised and impressed how diverse the group is that is supporting the game. I really hope that does well commercially. Oh and I picked English :P

Klingon!

Actually (American) English, but it'd be fun to see the game translated to Klingon.

Norwegian as native language, Norwenglish being my second language, once upon a time I might have been able to make myself understood in German, although currently I would probably end up mortally insulting somebody if I actually tried.

But, well, go "Other"!

Another Swede signing in (and thankfully Tim changed his mind about that translation... waste of money and I'm pretty sure all of us Scandinavians would agree on this).

My native tongue is also Swedish, and yeah it would be a waste of money to make a translation into swedish, but just for the fun of it, I would love to see a button for a swedish option in the game though, much like the 3D option in Curse of Monkey Island :D

Another Swede signing in (and thankfully Tim changed his mind about that translation... waste of money and I'm pretty sure all of us Scandinavians would agree on this).

My native tongue is also Swedish, and yeah it would be a waste of money to make a translation into swedish, but just for the fun of it, I would love to see a button for a swedish option in the game though, much like the 3D option in Curse of Monkey Island :D

Haha, yeah, a Swedish chef button, when you press it every one goes smörgåsbord! :)

But yes, another swede here, and like my Swedish non relatives on this site, translations of games is not for me. Did anyone else wonder if Tim had any connection to Sweden? Im thinking of the Swedish mistake in efigs, the Scandinavian pancakes and the lingonberries.:)

And another Russian.

By the way Tim Schafer's games were very good reason for me to learn english years ago. So this little pledge was the best way to pay my debt. Very hope he won't spend all of the money on drink and make something as great as his previous adventure games. ;-)

it's russian, baby!

though i prefer to play english games in english, if you know what I mean.

I'm Danish, and I couldn't care less if the game gets translated. I like the original english/american versions

My native tongue also happen to be Danish. Never have been one for dubbing, in my Anime days it was English subtitles all the way with original audio.

So an English version would be just dandy. Including English subtitles as an option would be quite nice as well.

Sign in to follow this