1,766 members have voted

1. 1. What is your native language?

• English
    • French
    • Italian
    • German
    • Spanish
    • other

Swedish here, and if I remember Tim originally said that the game would be translated to Swedish in the first video update. But he changed his mind and went with Spanish instead. :)

I remember that :)

I'm also Swedish. But I don't mind playing it in English. Sure there might be things I don't understand as well as the average natively English speaker. On the other hand, things tend to get lost in translation. So I'd prefer to play it in English anyways.

Swiss German, which has the advantage that most Germans have a hard time understanding it, although Swiss Germans understand German without a problem (mostly, depending on the dialect). On the downside, our attempts at talking "proper" German oftentimes get misinterpreted by Germans to be the actual Swiss German language. Some of our politicians have such thick accents that it's rather embarrassing/hilarious. :D

Seems to be more Scandinavians (especially Swedes) than Italians here, but we generally like to play our games in English anyway. :3

Oh, and I'm Norwegian. :P

First post ever! woo! icecream and balloons for everyone!

Im swedish! just like my fellow countrymen allready said, a translation of this soon-to-be awesome game into swedish would be a complete and utter waste of money! I am so excited about this! Cant wait to see the project take form!

Im sure this game will be as epic as Curse of monkey island and grim fandango, and i certain i will play it over and over and over and over... and over again just like i did with allready named titles.

Im swedish!

*looks at umlauts*

Really?

Mine would be Strine and Bad.

Spanish here!... well... sort of... I'm from the south, so if you ask to another spanish, he will say I speak "funny spanish"

I wonder what "other" native languages people have... maybe russian? mandarin?

Portuguese (brazil) here!

OBA! Outro backer brasileiro, eu imagino quantos de nós (brasileiros) estão aqui...

I think bakers can do the translations, they do it already for movies/series ^^

I think that for EFIGS DF can hire someone or whatever they do to translate to those languages, but I totally agree with you in concern of languages other than those. In fact, I already offered them help to translate the game to Brazilian Portuguese, since I already help translate some Valve games and the Steam client itself. Unfortunately, I haven't received any real response yet :(

I voted Other, because my native language is Dutch. But please don't waste resources on translations, I play every game I own in English, because English is a lot easier, yea I said it! *grins* (doesn't mean I'm faultless in English)

these questions are hard.

I'm a Korean born in Panama, but feels comfortable speaking in English.

So uh.. hmm what should I be native to -_-?

I'll vote other: because people see my asian looks first- lol

The Others Ligue (WoT):

swedish 19

dutch 10

russian 9

norwegian 7

portuguese 6

polish 5

greek 4

finnish 4

danish 4

estonian 3

arabic 3

hebrew 3

turkish 2

korean 2

filipino 1

hindi 1

cantonese 1

romanian 1

czech 1

Luxembourgish 1

japanese 1

bulgarian 1

croatian 1

Wow, there are a lot of Norwegians out here.

My native tongue is Finnish and my first language is German but nowadays I'm better at English than German. And I prefer to play my games in English because Finnish, well... Some things just sound really bad in Finnish. And Finnish voice acting is notoriously bad. Like, really, really bad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqCv2csQfec

Wow, there are a lot of Norwegians out here.

My native tongue is Finnish and my first language is German but nowadays I'm better at English than German. And I prefer to play my games in English because Finnish, well... Some things just sound really bad in Finnish. And Finnish voice acting is notoriously bad. Like, really, really bad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqCv2csQfec

I've been to Finland 2 years ago and I loved it (it was July, hot as hell!!), I noticed you have many english channels with just finnish subtitles!

Swedish here! not as good att english as we tink

dude.., why would u put that up? ;). horrible :D

Russian, but I'd prefer an english version. Who wants to miss all the awesome jokes that definitely will be lost in translation?

German, but I've played most games in English (well, at least recently. When I played Monkey Island I didn't have much of a choice since I bought the games in Germany. And I wouldn't have understood much back then either :)) since the translations are usually not as good as the original.

I'm Danish, and I couldn't care less if the game gets translated. I like the original english/american versions

Same here - Danish all the way - buut - want english version...

Sign in to follow this