1,766 members have voted

1. 1. What is your native language?

• English
    • French
    • Italian
    • German
    • Spanish
    • other

Norwegian here, and as my Swedish brødre said, we prefer English in most cases.
Basically we all Scandinavians have English as "second" language

It is weird. I read and write like 80% of the day in english and only speak Swedish more during the day. I sometimes forget Swedish words while talking and have an easier time grasping for the english word Im after. Pathetic.

Kinda the same with me, and living abroad doesn't help.

Count me the dane in the same club :)

Dutch here, but I use English so much these days for my job it might as well be my primary language. xD

Primary: Norwegian (Bokmål), in the "unique" Brønnøysund dialect 8)

Secondary: English

Tertiary: French

Quartiary: Mandarin

Swedish.

The text parsers in early games like Zork (and other infocom titles) really helped me learn english when I was growing up. Somehow suddenly remembered Oo-topos too, must've made an impression. Anyway, that together with the Oxford dictionary which since then never left its place beside the computer. :)

Edit: And the sites I visit are 80% english, also watch all TV and movies without subtitles since at least 15-20 years. Basically I prefer english. More words and easier to express oneself. Also better overall grammatical flow in english imho. Sadly near impossible to get rid of my swedish accent though. :(

Russian here. Though I shall say that russian localizations are usually abysmal, and the money that one would normaly spent for translating the game into russian, are better spent on something else =)

My native language is Dutch, but I prefer to game, view, read and write in English.

Native languages → Spanish (born in Perù) and Italian (live in Italy since I was a kid).

Secondary language → English

Turkish +1 [we more and more increasingly, and we will take on the world!!! =) :lol: ]

Norwegian. I know Norwegian backers are pretty well represented, but I won't cry out for a dub of the game. We're perfectly used to watching foreign films with original dialogue and intelligible subtitles.

Still, I think it would be interesting if someone tried making Scandinavian localizations, where a character could be speaking any of our three languages. It would probably still be a good idea to make three sets of subtitles, but it could work. The target demographic would be 2 - 4 times bigger than if it were localized only for one of the languages, without much extra effort.

I'm also Norwegian, though I would prefer the game in english. the jokes wont translate to be as good im sure.

English. According to my mother, I actually started as a child speaking an Asian language instead of English. I now have only a basic grasp of it due to disuse and use only English :o Funny how things happen.

The Others Ligue (WoT):

swedish 19

Var håller alla ni äventyrsnördar hus egentligen? :P

Another native speaker of boring ol' English here. I can also speak German but I haven't used it in a while so I'm quickly forgetting it. D:

Sign in to follow this